Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Post by mirkosp » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:47 pm

ANN wrote:The school romantic comedy revolves around a second-year high school student named Kanda Sorata who lives in Sakurasou, the dormitory for problem children at Sorata's school. One day, Shiina Mashiro — a cute girl who happens to be also a cosmopolitan, brilliant artist — moves into Sakurasou.

Sorata thinks to himself that he should protect Mashiro from the weirdos at Sakurasou, but Mashiro has a surprising secret: she has no idea how to take care of herself. She gets lost if she goes out, and her room is a complete mess. Sorata's dorm mates designate him as the master of Mashiro, and thus, an ordinary boy and a brilliant girl must live like a master and his pet.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Eeehhhhh....we'll see. I may just follow this for the one girl who is making her own anime.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:01 pm

I like it so far! I'm interested to see where everything goes, especially since it's 24 eps.

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:05 pm

totoum wrote:
AP24 wrote:It looks like the entire story will be fully adapted because the LN is ending soon: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... re-volumes

It's gonna be like Toradora again. The anime series has 24 episodes, which means it will end in March 2013, which the LN's final volume should come out around that time. I think JC Staff is planning on making the anime ending coincide with the light novel's ending.
Also the novel writer will be writing some episodes of the anime,so he's closely involved with the project,the staff probably already knows how it's going to end.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Dammit, I really do have a weakness for these "omg this person is super talented in art" type of shows... will follow for now >:|

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:18 am

She can't be that dumb ... I can't help but think she's just fucking with him. >_<

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:43 am

Alright, I enjoyed the latest episode quite a bit for a couple of reasons.
Spoiler :
I really don't like the "autist artist" character type, but it also can be true in a lot of cases, so whatever. I also really hate the "she's so helpless she can't do shit without a guy" trope. Especially since she has the willpower to become a famous artist. What really got to me is that the MC went from being "omg I'm alone with girl" to "wow, I really don't know what I want to do with my life." MORE OF THIS please. Character development. Even the side characters now have their issues coming out, the one guy can't stop sleeping around, the anime-making girl loves the dude despite this. I'm rooting for you, anime-making girl.

I really hope this becomes more like Honey & Clover...while that one had it's cliches (Hagu), it also had wonderful character development, especially the MC. He goes through basically the whole quarter-life-crisis thing. Not knowing what to do with life, or how to become more talented, or if he even wants to be an artist. Then he kinda finds his groove and gets into it. I think a lot of us can relate.

Will continue watching, in hopes that this picks up a bit.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:23 pm

I picked this up today and enjoyed it a lot. There are some things that you might pick out and say "yo, wtf!", but when you look at it as a whole I think it really works. The fact that she's hopeless without him is kinda overlookable... it doesn't bother me as much as it did in like Clannad or... fuck can't think of others right now but you get my point. Don't like characters that depend too much on others and such.

So yeah, this show really works.. I like basically all the characters so far. Shiina is somehow bold and weird but I really like her as a character, welp, the show would be entirely different if she was normal so... yeah. <3

Waiting for episode 4. *waku waku* :oops:
ImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:24 pm

This is going in the right direction definitely.
Spoiler :
MC is now confirmed for interest he is going to pursue...and he's sticking around so Shiina is happy.
The other characters are continuing to interest me as well!
This show is actually pretty good :O

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm

I just realized that this show is in my top 3 of this season and it's my top1 of this genre; as for this season that is.
I don't really like the fact that Aoyama is being so pushy and nosy into their relationship, but I guess it's okay since it looks like she likes him :-/. I don't really mind that actually as much as I mind the fact that their relationship is gonna be delayed because of Aoyama

Mashiro just keeps on being cute more and more.
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”