Love Revolution

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
machina21
Org Profile

Love Revolution

Post by machina21 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks to Driftroot for the poster.

Has it really been almost two years since i've completed an AMV? how depressing...Anyway, here is a visual oddity for your general perusing. Thanks to everyone who I begged to watch this thing, its been a long trip to this point. Enjoy.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Love Revolution

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:54 pm

I remember beta testing this and I'm glad it's finally finished.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially the unique look you gave to the entire video.

Gonna try to give this video another shot at AX2013?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Really glad this got cleaned up since the AWA Pro version. I really like the style you went with, and the narration is also well constructed. <3

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:32 pm

machina21 wrote: ...its been a long trip to this point.
Now there's the understatement of the year!! How many times did you redo the effects in this AMV? Three? Four? Including that time when the video was the victim of massive HD failure? Thank you for persisting with this and continually giving it your best, it shows a huge amount of dedication to do an effect like this, nevermind 3/4 times over, and the results were absolutely worth it.

What I most love about this effect is that it's not really a gimmick, I think it actually adds a lot to the story you're telling and it really emphasizes your care with editing and the wonderful, expressive animation in Utena. This is a romance without facial expressions, there are no doe-eyed looks are supporting this story, it's all about body language and your choice of scenes. Even with the non-English lyrics on top of that, everything is still absolutely crystal clear. Not everyone can pull that off, so congrats!!

As promised, onto my favorites list it goes!! 5/5

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:10 pm

If Yue didn't show me how the originally show looks like I would totally skip this video. But, MAN, THAT'S SOME HUGE EFFORT! It's not my type of the vid when it comes to dynamics and stuff but you've done some magnificent job with the visuals. Now it all fits together- music, visuals, story. Can't really say much more, just WHOAAA :up: :up: :up:

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Enjoyed this video quiet a bit. It's a constant reminder to have me speed up on my videos. Again though, I thoroughly enjoyed this. May sound a bit odd, but it does have a classy feel to it. I suck at opinions, but seriously great job. :up:

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:58 am

I remember this from AWA Pro. Very cool stuff you've got here. Shows some tremendous effort. Like DriftRoot said, it's impressive how one can convey such narration and dramatic content without facial expressions.

:up:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Great job on the visuals and the story telling... like Emong and Drifroot before me, you did a great job of showing emotion and narration without a lot of detail in the frame. That said, the video lacks rhythm. It's more or less just a story being told with seemingly random cuts. Which is perfectly fine if that's all you wanted but I think I would've liked a bit more editing, some more cuts to a rhythm of some kind. Good job none-the-less :up:

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I remember beta testing this and I'm glad it's finally finished.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially the unique look you gave to the entire video.

Gonna try to give this video another shot at AX2013?
Thanks Sensei. Don't know if i'll submit to AX, thats quite a ways away so we'll see when the time comes.
Warlike Swans wrote:Really glad this got cleaned up since the AWA Pro version. I really like the style you went with, and the narration is also well constructed. <3
After the feedback I got from AWA, I HAD to clean it up, I don't think I would have been able to live with myself if I released it before improving it just a bit more. Thanks for watching.
DriftRoot wrote:
machina21 wrote: ...its been a long trip to this point.
Now there's the understatement of the year!! How many times did you redo the effects in this AMV? Three? Four? Including that time when the video was the victim of massive HD failure? Thank you for persisting with this and continually giving it your best, it shows a huge amount of dedication to do an effect like this, nevermind 3/4 times over, and the results were absolutely worth it.

What I most love about this effect is that it's not really a gimmick, I think it actually adds a lot to the story you're telling and it really emphasizes your care with editing and the wonderful, expressive animation in Utena. This is a romance without facial expressions, there are no doe-eyed looks are supporting this story, it's all about body language and your choice of scenes. Even with the non-English lyrics on top of that, everything is still absolutely crystal clear. Not everyone can pull that off, so congrats!!

As promised, onto my favorites list it goes!! 5/5
Thanks so much Drifty, you were a huge help.
Centurione wrote:If Yue didn't show me how the originally show looks like I would totally skip this video. But, MAN, THAT'S SOME HUGE EFFORT! It's not my type of the vid when it comes to dynamics and stuff but you've done some magnificent job with the visuals. Now it all fits together- music, visuals, story. Can't really say much more, just WHOAAA :up: :up: :up:
Thank you. It took a lot more effort than I thought (For better and for worse) Im just glad its finished.
Ryvannis wrote:Enjoyed this video quiet a bit. It's a constant reminder to have me speed up on my videos. Again though, I thoroughly enjoyed this. May sound a bit odd, but it does have a classy feel to it. I suck at opinions, but seriously great job. :up:
Go home and be a family editor! :amv:
Emong wrote:I remember this from AWA Pro. Very cool stuff you've got here. Shows some tremendous effort. Like DriftRoot said, it's impressive how one can convey such narration and dramatic content without facial expressions.

:up:
Ripping off the faces of the characters does have its ups and downs. You can edit certain scenes ( down to the very lineart of the character at times) to help fit in with other footage. But you do want to try and avoid "still" poses where the character isnt really doing anything (Which happens at lot in anime). Because Utena is such a dramatic show It wasn't too hard to find good poses to use.
Pwolf wrote:Great job on the visuals and the story telling... like Emong and Drifroot before me, you did a great job of showing emotion and narration without a lot of detail in the frame. That said, the video lacks rhythm. It's more or less just a story being told with seemingly random cuts. Which is perfectly fine if that's all you wanted but I think I would've liked a bit more editing, some more cuts to a rhythm of some kind. Good job none-the-less :up:
Very interesting comment. I'm going to have to do some self examination but I think the randomness of the cuts probably is because the song is in Japanese and I dont speak a single syllable, I just chose certain "sounds" to cut on more for scene timing than anything else. Perhaps I could have done more to incorporate the audio and the visuals just so both are more in concert with each other, but my number one priority was to tell a story that at least made some sense. However, your thought is something i'll definitely think about moving forward.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Ahhh good to have this in a decent quality now. I remember it from AWA Pro, just too bad the quality absolutely destroyed it there, otherwise you might have had chances on an award.

Either way, liked it alot right now. Great job. Out of curiosity, did you use the auto vectorization in Illustrator? It looks alot like it, or some other automation process. Haven't seem people mad enough to vectorize an entire AMV by hand yet :lol:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”