NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Post by Otohiko » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 am

So we actually doing this?

I mostly ask because without the support and talking-about-it part, NaNoWriMo always seemed to actually be kind of alienating to me - i.e. its first effect was usually to make me realize that there's billions of people out there now who are literate enough to write something, and I wasn't that special D:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

McDirty
Org Profile

Post by McDirty » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm down with doing this. Been meaning to start writing a screenplay for an idea that I had. While I can't guarantee I'll have a draft finished anytime soon, due to my 12-16 hour work schedule :( , at least it'll motivate me to get started.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Ehh... I'm horrible at finishing things. I have had a story idea kicking around in my head for a while, even have an outline and an intro paragraph. But, frankly, I'm not a very good writer. I know practice is really the only way to get good, but it's hard to motivate what even I view as not-very-good.

But I have a plan for November, and this fits right in. So... I'll give it a shot.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:57 pm

To help encourage people in this community to keep writing, I'll post at least one sentence a day (preferably a paragraph, but I don't always get that much time) in this thread. :up:
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Yeah, I'll be doing this, for real this time. Aiming for the whole 50,000 word thing.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:38 am

Oh, it's 50,000 words? Well I guess that's doable.

I've probably averaged more than that per month since July. In the last month alone I wrote ~85,000 (and no, that is not counting school work and forum posts) >__>
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 am

Maybe I'll actually get my god damn comic off the ground.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:02 am

I have an outline for my screenplay ready, just need to answer some questions before I start writing it all out tomorrow.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 am

God damn, I finished today's goal in under an hour, thanks to Write Or Die. Of course, the writing is horrendously shitty, but that's expected from NaNoWriMo. Today's excerpt:
Spoiler :
“This is the most important battle the empire will see in several lifetimes. A hundred years from now, they'll be studying us, looking at our victory and considering what heroes we were. But a month from now, do you know what those children will remember? How their mothers and fathers died in some faraway place, fighting some enemy that they'll never see.” Rime bit his lip and patted Tolan on the shoulder. “I'll take a parent's place, so a kid doesn't have to grow up without one.”
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:34 am

Cool, I see you got a start.

I'm doing pretty good here myself. I should have a revised "proof of concept" doc done on my visual novel thing by tomorrow, and then I'll get back to polishing my detailed character profiles and plot outline so that I can then give them to people to look at. Probably by the middle of the month I'll get back into doing (placeholder) art and writing actual dialogue.

Return to “General Discussion”