Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Tryptic
Prince of Opinions
Org Profile

100 Opinions for Charity.

Post by Tryptic » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Excuse me while I take a brief diversion to open this up:
Today, Lance Armstrong was officially declared a cheater, and had his titles stripped. As someone who was diagnosed with cancer on the same day his first book was published, and who looked upon him as a hero and someone to aspire to... I feel disgusted and betrayed.
So, I'm fighting against those feelings one of the best ways I know... Watching AMV's.

But, there's a bright side to this story. I am offering 100 (ONE HUNDRED) opinions, before the end of the year. (Hopefully, before December)
However, for each opinion... I want people to donate at least $1.40 to a CHILDREN'S cancer related charity.

I know this is an unorthodox offer and I doubt it's been done before. But I want to try.

I also know it's been several years since I've tried to do something like this, so there may no longer be people who remember, but I try to put in a lot of effort into my reviews
Spoiler :
Usefulness: 418.2 with 43 opinions
(usually several hours worth per video). So, I'm going to definitely make it worth your $1.40.

My only rule is that I'm a coward, and so I really don't like Horror videos. I might try to suffer through if it's low horror. The "When They Cry" series are off-limits, though.

So, TL;DR: 100 Opinions. $1.40+ Each. To Children's Cancer-related charity.
Think about it. You'll be giving to help kids in pain. You'll be getting a semi-free opinion. And we'll all feel good.

Suggested Charities:
Make-A-Wish
Jimmy Fund Clinic

EDIT: After getting in touch with Make-A-Wish and Jimmy Fund, I found out that they both have card-handling fees. Since I know Make-A-Wish uses Paypal, I've decided to increase the requested donation such that they will still get at least $100 if everyone donates the minimum.

In addition, M-A-W has suggested I set up a "Friends and Family" page, which will be for this fundraiser, so the link will now direct to that, instead of the top-level Make-A-Wish site. Thank You!
Last edited by Tryptic on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you like the opinions I give, please consider donating to Make-A-Wish

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Re: 100 Opinions for Charity.

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 am

fgnjfgnfg
Last edited by Kevmaster on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tryptic
Prince of Opinions
Org Profile

Post by Tryptic » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Kevmaster wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i45.tinypic.com/jkd6y0.png

This is a wonderful idea and I appreciate it a lot. I had not doubts about joining this in.

I will post the video I'd like to have an opinion on on friday or saturday since it is not released yet if that's ok.
Thank you very much. It means a lot to have someone endorse this. Since I now have a page that will keep track of our total, I decided to match your gift on that page, so it will count there. It shows up as Anonymous, since I couldn't find a way to select a name, but I'll put you on the Honor Roll, for sure. Let me know via PM or post how you'd like to be represented in the Honor Roll.

Also, for anyone who's interested... The $7,500 goal on the page is the average cost of a wish. It's fine if we don't make that. But I'd love to see how close we ultimately get.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:18 am

[,jh,h
Last edited by Kevmaster on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tryptic
Prince of Opinions
Org Profile

Post by Tryptic » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Fair enough. Sorry to put you on the spot about that.

All 3 opinions are done. Keep 'em coming folks.

Also, if people are shy about posting their proof of payment, don't worry about it. I'll know if payments happen, and if you don't want others to know, it's cool. This isn't a competition or something, it's a collaboration.

Return to “Works in Progress”