The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 am

Just about every night before we go to bed, I ask Matt what time he works the next day so I know if he can drop me off, if I have to walk, or maybe if I can try sliding my schedule. Every night he bitches at me at tells me to look at his schedule on the fridge but I really don't care because fuck you lol. :P

He passed out around 7pm for whatever reason and finally gets off the couch to get to bed around 10pm, immediately falling back asleep as soon as he is in the room.

I look at the schedule and I'm like "He doesn't go in until 9:45am. Sweet, he can drop me off."
So I plan my wake up, etc...around this.

Halfway through my shower he's beating on the door saying I'm taking too long. I'm like "lolwtfbbq?"

Turns out he starts at 7:15am. I didn't look at the wrong person or anything, it was apparently THE ONE DAY ON HIS SCHEDULE THAT WAS INCORRECT. So I either have 10 minutes to be totally ready to get out the door so he can drop me off, or I have 20 minutes to be totally ready to get out the door in order to walk and make it on time. (Fucking school traffic making everything take longer...)

So yeah. Fuck that noise. I'm incredibly annoyed right now and I will be ASKING him every night till the end of time.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:46 am

lol, just shows that you were right to ask. And even then you should probably ask twice to make sure that he's sure :P
Schedules are even more susceptible to human error and brainfarts than most things!

Speaking of schedule, I've AGAIN been in that nice groove of sleeping for about 10 hours every day, then being awake for 16. Those of you who know math might see why that is a problem :uhoh:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 am

Snowed so much last night, I now have to dig myself out. Hope I get stuck so I can call in sick, lol, I hate snow.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 am

Otohiko wrote:Speaking of schedule, I've AGAIN been in that nice groove of sleeping for about 10 hours every day, then being awake for 16. Those of you who know math might see why that is a problem :uhoh:
That's been my typical sleep pattern for the past 6 or 7 years. Sometimes it's actually closer to 10 asleep-18 awake, at others it's a more sustainable 10-14 setup. Every three weeks or so it adjusts back to sane wake and sleep hours, and then skews right off again after about a week. It sounds just like the description of Non-24-hour sleep-wake disorder, although I'm not anywhere close to being blind, or had head trauma, and don't seem to have problems with light sensitivity either. Nor would I characterize my skewed schedules as 'bad sleep' - I get a full amount, am fully rested...just not at the right times. If I actually did have to travel long-distances, it means I'm probably immune to jet lag.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:45 am

Yeah, I think you mentioned this before. I guess it doesn't have to be a problem... as long as you don't need to coordinate work etc. with it. Then it is.Go figure what causes that... I am moderately light-sensitive, and actually don't have issues with "bad sleep" unless I'm woken up and/or my current pattern is a serious problem for work schedule (which it was this week unfortunately). I sleep a lot and am usually rested. It's a bit of a slow starter when your day starts in the late afternoon or evening, but otherwise I'm pretty good.

What's weird about my sleep pattern is that it tends to normalize itself when I am living with other people. It's not even a matter of exactly matching others' schedule - for example when I visit my parents, I still tend to go to sleep and wake up 2 hours later than them on average, but still keep up a 24-hour cycle. It just kind of coordinates itself to accommodate living with other people.

But since 90% of the time I live completely on my own, 26-hour days is what my "ronery" mode seems to default to :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:07 am

What do I have to vent to today... hmmm. Ah, I got it, didn't take very long.

I went to bed last night after playing some awesome league of legends. Problem is I often play too late and screw up my bed time. I went to bed at 2, had to wake up at 10. Didn't get to sleep until 4:15. Woke up at 9 thanks to the same recurring nightmare.

It's a unique nightmare... It always starts with me, and 2 other people. Suddenly it turns into a sort of demon hunt dream. Weird things ensue, but I know it's recurring because the way it ends... it always ends with me chasing this little demon girl out of a mall. What happens is right as I catch up to her as she's getting out the door, she stops, I stab her in the head, and her head falls off... Then the monster is so horrifying to look at, thanks to my damn creative imagination, it wakes me the fuck up immediately after.

*rant mode* LEAVE ME ALONE DREAM.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am

Iron Solari wrote:It's a unique nightmare... It always starts with me, and 2 other people. Suddenly it turns into a sort of demon hunt dream. Weird things ensue, but I know it's recurring because the way it ends... it always ends with me chasing this little demon girl out of a mall. What happens is right as I catch up to her as she's getting out the door, she stops, I stab her in the head, and her head falls off... Then the monster is so horrifying to look at, thanks to my damn creative imagination, it wakes me the fuck up immediately after.
I don't know if I should feel disappointed or what, but I haven't had a nightmare that has woken me up or that I remember in... ten years, at least? I rarely remember my dreams at all anymore.

As for the vent, I'm feeling pretty shitty today, I have a headache and feel sick to my stomach, I think I'm going to pass up on class today and just relax, I don't want to sit under florescent lights for 4 hours.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 pm

People wrote:stuff about sleep
They always say the average adult needs 6-9 hours of sleep, 8 being optimal. Bullshit. I've always needed at LEAST 8 to function, more like 10 to feel good. I started going to bed most nights at 9:30 or 10pm as a result, because I work 8-4:30, and I NEED that time to survive and not die. I think (no joke) it's because I literally use my brain at a breakneck speed all day long, every day. All day at work I'm analyzing and crunching numbers and preparing reports and solving the world's problems, at night I shift into creative mode and burn through writing or storyboards or 3d modeling or any number of things for my film or projects, and I seriously think my brain just becomes exhausted and uses most of my energy. I must say, diet certainly helps, as I've quit eating processed foods for the most part and generally won't eat anything I don't have to personally cut up and cook first. Lots of veggies/salad/lean protein. It does boost energy and keep me going, but then I look at my brother, who does a very similar job to me, and who can get by with only 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Perhaps it's that he's 4 years younger, but he's always done that. I'm jelly...I would get so much other stuff done if I could just sleep less :|

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah, 8 hours minimum for me and 10 hours optimal. I need mah sleep T.T I used to be able to do the whole "I only need 4 hours :D" crap a couple years ago but apparently I got old quick. >>
Only exception still seems to be conventions. I can go days with minimal food/sleep and not really even notice. There are times where I'm hungry or tired for a minute but I think all the excitement makes me forget after a bit >> If I have the chance to sleep in, I'll take it though. But if I need to be up for something I'm like, awake within seconds. I remember my first Acen and getting maaaybe 2-3 hours of sleep a night. I don't even remember eating with the exception of a slice of pizza at Giordanos. That was good times. =w=

That bastard Matt can function with 6 hours of sleep and doesn't understand how I can sleep in so much. Then I punch him and he shuts up :3

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:59 pm

I usually get about 5-6 hours a night.

Return to “General Discussion”