NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:53 am

As some of you may know, Na(tional) No(vel) Wri(ting) Mo(nth) will soon be upon us! (November!) If you've never heard of NaNoWriMo, the goal is to write a novel, a little bit each day, over the course of the month of November. You can google NaNoWriMo to get the specifics! The general goal is to write a novel. You shouldn't care how good it is or whether there will be things to change later (because there will!), the goal is to JUST GET IT DONE during the month of November. Having something in a somewhat completed form means you can go back and edit it later, and fix all the problems. It also really helps with your motivation to see it done.

So, I'm posting this thread ~10 days early, so you can get this on your radar, and get your novel written! That's 10 whole days to decide what you'll write about, maybe find out what kind of characters you want, pick a genre, get a short outline put together so you'll know where to go with it once we hit Nov. 1st.

The nice thing about NaNoWriMo, is that you will have the moral support of all the others who are working along side you, trying to write their novel! That's what this thread is for, to keep track of progress and encourage each other.

Also, you don't have to write a novel! How bout an AMV? How bout a screenplay? How bout a comic? It could be anything creative, but let's work on it for the month of November, with the goal in mind to have it done by Dec. 1st.

I'll personally be working on the screenplay for my next movie. I have a big outline and everything, so I'm ahead of you already!

Who's with me? :shark:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: NaNoWriMo and you! Let's write during November!

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:55 am

UPDATE: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:06 am

Nano is always at a bad time for me. Just due to youmacon I loose a good 6~10 days each year. I try to participate each year, but I always fall short of the goal.

I'll see what I can do this year. |:>
ImageImageImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am

(also mods, if you could consolidate because I'm :A)

UPDATE: you don't have to sign up on the nanowrimo website if you don't want to, and unless you're writing a novel, you won't be able to. Let's just have our own AMV NaNoWriMo :A

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:28 am

I haven't done this in years. So I think I'll give it a shot. :)

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 pm

I've been sitting on a story for a while now and I think I'll use Nanowrimo to start actually planning it out :-)

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Have the basic structure of my novel lined out. Five POV characters, three acts, each POV character gets a chapter per act.

I've got three of my POV characters picked out, but I'm trying to decide whom I want to pick for the other two.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:20 pm

I've been working on an interactive fiction/visual novel thing for the last 4 months already. By the start of November, I should finally be done with my preliminary work so, ironically, I might actually be spending November not writing but working on editing of my outline and on initial art.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Got a few short scripts for my show to write, so this seems like a good opportunity!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 am

As long as everyone is productive! :awesome:

I got a couple hours in the other night as well, in addition to some storyboards. I can really say I'm using 100% of my free time creatively at this point...let's see how long it lasts :bear:

Return to “General Discussion”