How long have you edited...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
zibbazabba905
Org Profile

How long have you edited...

Post by zibbazabba905 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 am

In one go?

I think my first WMM ones took about 8 hours total, but that was all in one shot
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: How long have you edited...

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:22 am

I've spent a whole day working on a video before, like that's all I did that day. I've done that a few times actually. Not sure how long specifically that was, cuz' I did take breaks for food. But I'd say it's on the order of 15+ hours straight.

An average session for me if I'm really in the trenches is about 4~8 hours depending on which day of the week and if I have any other obligations that day (like work, school, ect)

It could take multiple of such sessions to finish a video. My latest video took about 4 weeks of such sessions to complete, with multiple 8+ hour sessions on the weekends, and it's still not finished.
ImageImageImageImage

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:41 am

During one day during the Quickening this year, I went for about 10 hours with a few breaks. This was after working the whole day.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:55 am

There was a project in college in an extra-curricular activity that I had to make on a deadline, which turned into a all-nighter project. Some asshole dropped the project the day before due, and this particular club was obligated to send in something. So I snagged a film crew who filmed stuff all morning while I prepped some templates and did some crappy text effects. Then editing from about 3 PM until nearly 4-5 AM the next day.

But AMV wise? Disney MEP 3 I spent a good 12-15 hours on one day laying out the tracks and doing transitions/audio leveling plus deciding where everything went. MHMKS also took a good 7 hours one day when I first started it and was laying out basic scenes for each character during that time.

Although this isn't generally how I work. Usually I take 1-2 15 second sections of song and spend about 1-2 hours on it then move on to something else.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am

I've stayed up more than 24 hours on multiple occasions, usually trying to meet a deadline.
For the Quickening this year, I did five 12-16 hour days of editing for five days in a row.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Ileia wrote:I've stayed up more than 24 hours on multiple occasions, usually trying to meet a deadline.
For the Quickening this year, I did five 12-16 hour days of editing for five days in a row.
That's dedication right there.
Or obsession.

I think the most I have done was about 2 days straight, with normal sleep time between them.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Or unemployment. >_>
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 pm

When I did my pixelated lucky star video, 8 hours a day most days, sometimes more, for about a month and a half. I would not recommend it.

:dino:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Was unemployed during most of the duration I edited the original Naruto Ball Z, so I did 2 months of 8-16 hour days to get it done for my AWA 2005 panel.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Can't say for sure, but losing track of time with a bottle full of adderall can do terrible things to a sleep schedule.

Return to “General AMV”