The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Kionon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 am

A cousin of mine just died of an overdose. I don't know the details. We hadn't spoken in a while, but when we last spoke, I wasn't under the impression he was using.

Could people stop dying on me, please? That'd be great, thanks.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 pm

At my job, if you work a 7-hour shift you absolutely MUST clock out for a lunch. If you don't, you need to leave before you go over seven hours. All of the managers are sticklers about this, it's never even in question. Now, when you work a closing shift, you don't know what time you're going to get out. It could be very busy and you'd need to stay a few extra hours. I get scheduled for a lot of six-hour closing shifts, so I always ask the manager if they want me to take a lunch or not.

Last night was the same thing, I asked the manager and she told me not to clock out, that we'd be out relatively early. It was busier than she thought, when I got to seven hours, she told me to just go clock out, not a big deal, it happens all the time. When I went upstairs, another manager claimed that I "tricked" her about a previous shift from two weeks ago, claiming that I lied about what time I started in order to get out early when everyone else had to stay and continue working. I argued about it for a bit, she wouldn't let it go, I just walked away from her and went home.

Today I called the office admin, she looked up what I worked that day, I'd actually gone over the 7 hours by a minute. So I talked to the HR manager, best he could say was "Uh....I guess I'll talk to her. It was hectic last night because of call-offs, so she was probably just stressed."

Right, because it's busy, she's stressed, and when I'm just doing what I'm told, I should get harassed.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Been in a weird state of loneliness/depressed. I think I mentioned this earlier but it's sorta hit me again. I don't even really know how to shake out of it at the moment.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:18 am

Pwolf wrote:Been in a weird state of loneliness/depressed. I think I mentioned this earlier but it's sorta hit me again. I don't even really know how to shake out of it at the moment.
clubbin' 8-)

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 am

Pwolf wrote:Been in a weird state of loneliness/depressed. I think I mentioned this earlier but it's sorta hit me again. I don't even really know how to shake out of it at the moment.
Sucks man :|
I find the best thing I can do to get rid of it is to go out and do something, even if it is just walking or checking out somewhere I've never been. It never stays with me very long, a few days at the most.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:08 am

ZephyrStar wrote:
I find the best thing I can do to get rid of it is to go out and do something, even if it is just walking or checking out somewhere I've never been. It never stays with me very long, a few days at the most.
x2

I tend to feel that way a lot and a good walk around my block seems to help my mood quite a bit.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:20 am

Comparing transfer requirements for other schools with my recent academic history is bumming me the fuck out. I should've gotten out of this garbage a long time ago.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:49 pm

My favorite chair broke yesterday. I noticed it after I had returned home. Who BROKE IT?!

RIP Phillip the Chair, 2008-2012.

You shall not be forgotten.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:
x2

I tend to feel that way a lot and a good walk around my block seems to help my mood quite a bit.
x3
Whatever you do, just don't sit still. Start up a not-too-stressful project or go drive out somewhere that you hadn't been yet something. Even if it sucks for a while, it's always a lot better than sitting in one place mentally and physically, from my observation.

That said, I'm not looking forward to the next few months either. From the last few years, I know that I am definitely afflicted by seasonal depression and I will be very surprised if by January/February I'm not in that sort of state too. But I will be ready to kick its ass and get through shit when it comes :gar:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:39 pm

x4
What Oto said about not sitting in one place for too long. I always make the mistake of doing so, and then I sub-consciously put on extremely depressing music that starts to further affect me. At that point I am so... melancholy that I can't do anything, not even turn off the music. Sometimes thinking can be such a curse to those afflicted with painful memories and dreadful thoughts, no matter what they are. You know... reminds me an awful lot of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

And then the worst feeling for me of all is that the hobbies and things I enjoyed so much, such as editing and all of that, become so arduous and demotivating. For instance, I go to make a video, but then I start to depress myself because I think too much about how it will be perceived rather then how I perceive it. That often stops me from continuing/starting a project or signing up for MEPs. Sometimes I am forced to go on haitus for as much as a week at a time without even touching this hobby. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, it's just sometimes... we all need to step away and do something else for a while.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Return to “General Discussion”