I can honestly say... I had no idea where to put this.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

I can honestly say... I had no idea where to put this.

Post by Iron Solari » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:52 pm

So... I've been dabbling around with AMVs, editing, various programs, and such to figure out which aspect of it all interests me the most. While I was playing with the literally hundreds of songs/trailers I went through, I realized one thing. I really enjoy doing Lip Syncing. The problem is, is lip syncing really even considered AMV? It's just making their mouths say the words in the audio really.

Some of my examples: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Also, Hurray for getting a youtube, I suppose :dino: .

I know, I know, it's all for fun and stuff, but I feel like I can't share these here because they aren't actually AMVs.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: I can honestly say... I had no idea where to put this.

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Iron Solari wrote:So... I've been dabbling around with AMVs, editing, various programs, and such to figure out which aspect of it all interests me the most. While I was playing with the literally hundreds of songs/trailers I went through, I realized one thing. I really enjoy doing Lip Syncing. The problem is, is lip syncing really even considered AMV? It's just making their mouths say the words in the audio really.

Some of my examples: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Also, Hurray for getting a youtube, I suppose :dino: .

I know, I know, it's all for fun and stuff, but I feel like I can't share these here because they aren't actually AMVs.
clicking that link just took me to my own stuff.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Non AMVs should be announced in General Discussion.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Kionon wrote:Non AMVs should be announced in General Discussion.
Alright, I'll remember that from now on, and my apologies on that stupid link.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

-Anonymous

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:03 pm

not bad. i suggest viewing and as examples of what i consider excellent lip syncing. notice how not only do the mouth movements match and flow, but also the body movements as well. some people forget that fluid body movements are important in making lip sync look natural.

good practice, but as stand alone videos they're not that impressive. you might try making a full length trailer. those you ARE allowed to post/upload here :D also, what programs do you have access to? if you are able, you can cut and paste mouths from different scenes entirely if you don't have just the right shape. check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwFMqIMXf10 at 2:59. the original scene has no mouth movement whatsoever, but because of clever cutting in photoshop i was able to take other existing mouths in the anime and placed them accordingly.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Iron Solari wrote:
Kionon wrote:Non AMVs should be announced in General Discussion.
Alright, I'll remember that from now on, and my apologies on that stupid link.

Non-AMV = non-anime. You're fine, no worries.

Additionally,

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:48 pm

I was on my phone, so I didn't click the link, but since he said they weren't AMVs, my presumption (possibly false) was that the source was non-anime.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Rider4Z wrote:not bad. i suggest viewing and as examples of what i consider excellent lip syncing. notice how not only do the mouth movements match and flow, but also the body movements as well. some people forget that fluid body movements are important in making lip sync look natural.

good practice, but as stand alone videos they're not that impressive. you might try making a full length trailer. those you ARE allowed to post/upload here :D also, what programs do you have access to? if you are able, you can cut and paste mouths from different scenes entirely if you don't have just the right shape. check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwFMqIMXf10 at 2:59. the original scene has no mouth movement whatsoever, but because of clever cutting in photoshop i was able to take other existing mouths in the anime and placed them accordingly.
Yeah, I just cut out some of the parts of the videos I was working on and tossed them up there to see what you guys thought, don't worry, they are part of a bigger picture. And yes, I love to photoshop stuff into the video and make it look natural, it's so tricky and sly. Also I use Premiere Pro CS6, AE CS6, and Photoshop CS6, however I have access to just about all of the full adobe products...

And thanks Ileia for some videos of examples. I should try something like them. :shark:

Often times I find myself without any ideas on where I can spring forward, and I just stupidly realized I should ask in AMV Suggestions for ideas sometime, maybe somebody has a good vision that they can't do themselves and I could... or something like that.
-Anonymous

Return to “General AMV”