Flash effects and more question?

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Flash effects and more question?

Post by ChaosGod » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi all I'm hoping anyone can help I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 ( i do have After Effects CS6 but don't use as often) I see sometimes people use flashing like a strobe to go with the beat of a song or to transition the amv from one cut to the next or anime to anime .. how can I do this?

Also how are people cutting Frame by Frame a char out of one video with transparency around the char (cut out) and overlapping it to animate across the current playing video. (ie are they using screen capture for each frame and step by step cutting the char out and over laying it back in frame by frame)

Thanks for any help with these questions.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Flash effects and more question?

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm

I use a white or black image for strobing. I just place it where I need it to flash.

And yes, rotoscoping is often accomplished in AMVs by going frame by fram and cutting characters out of the original video and recombining the new transparencies on the timeline. Most editors who have used the Hare Hare dance, as an example, have done this. I've done it myself in quite a few videos, even videos where I hope it was not obvious because the video was a drama or romance video, and I actually preferred people think it was in the original scene.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Thank you this was a big help ^__^ I have many ideas for upcoming projects but wasn't sure exactly how to implement them I was on the right track but your explanation put everything together nicely for me

Again thanks =D

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:17 am

chaosgod357 wrote:Hi all I'm hoping anyone can help I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 ( i do have After Effects CS6 but don't use as often) I see sometimes people use flashing like a strobe to go with the beat of a song or to transition the amv from one cut to the next or anime to anime .. how can I do this?
Whyy?

and your second question, masking can be done through both keyframe movements but i feel that doing every frame is much effective

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”