The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:43 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Replace "generation" with "power level" and it all makes sense.
ITS OVER 9000!!!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 pm

I've been holding this back for a while, but today is enough.

Ever since I took ownership of my house, I rent out 2 of the rooms to my sister and another roommate to help pay the mortgage. Our roommate is usually clean and isn't home most of the time, so I have no worries about her, but my sister has been driving me nuts ever since she moved in.

- She constantly leaves the back and front doors unlocked and open when she leaves for work
- She never cleans her dishes unless I bug her
- I'm forced to take care of her dog when she's out (I love the little guy, but she's always constantly neglecting him :( )
- I don't want to get started on her room...

We got into a pretty bad argument yesterday over her habits and she immediately got defensive accusing me of acting like our late dad. Today, she left her curling iron on after she went out and luckily I caught it before it started a fire. :x :down:

I'm already at the point where I have to put my foot down and tell her to shape up or find another place to live. I swear there's something wrong with her mentally if my constant naggings aren't getting through to her. :nono:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I've been holding this back for a while, but today is enough.

Ever since I took ownership of my house, I rent out 2 of the rooms to my sister and another roommate to help pay the mortgage. Our roommate is usually clean and isn't home most of the time, so I have no worries about her, but my sister has been driving me nuts ever since she moved in.

- She constantly leaves the back and front doors unlocked and open when she leaves for work
- She never cleans her dishes unless I bug her
- I'm forced to take care of her dog when she's out (I love the little guy, but she's always constantly neglecting him :( )
- I don't want to get started on her room...

We got into a pretty bad argument yesterday over her habits and she immediately got defensive accusing me of acting like our late dad. Today, she left her curling iron on after she went out and luckily I caught it before it started a fire. :x :down:

I'm already at the point where I have to put my foot down and tell her to shape up or find another place to live. I swear there's something wrong with her mentally if my constant naggings aren't getting through to her. :nono:
She might not want to listen because she actually IS acting like your late father. However, I know nothing of your late father so I can't say for sure.
Might be a sort of mentality that she has to take on the role of him because he is no longer there and she never grew to accept his passing (I hope I am making the right assumption by seeing "late"). Stuck in the stages of grief, regardless of how long it's been. Or possibly reverting to a childlike state when she does those things simply because she wants someone to look after her.

Granted I am no psychologist, but it isn't too hard to spot those things. You seem to have picked up on what seems like them.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Iron Solari wrote:
She might not want to listen because she actually IS acting like your late father. However, I know nothing of your late father so I can't say for sure.
Might be a sort of mentality that she has to take on the role of him because he is no longer there and she never grew to accept his passing (I hope I am making the right assumption by seeing "late"). Stuck in the stages of grief, regardless of how long it's been. Or possibly reverting to a childlike state when she does those things simply because she wants someone to look after her.

Granted I am no psychologist, but it isn't too hard to spot those things. You seem to have picked up on what seems like them.
You're right about the "late" part, but she acts the opposite of our dad who was focused and organized.

My dad was always constantly on her case about shaping up her life since she's the middle child (I think she's suffered middle child syndrome her whole life). Me and my youngest sister have always been focused an organized but my other sister has always been the scatterbrained and messy one. She's always been fighting with our parents since she was young.

I'm already at the end of my rope on how to deal with her.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Iron Solari wrote:

You're right about the "late" part, but she acts the opposite of our dad who was focused and organized.

My dad was always constantly on her case about shaping up her life since she's the middle child (I think she's suffered middle child syndrome her whole life). Me and my youngest sister have always been focused an organized but my other sister has always been the scatterbrained and messy one. She's always been fighting with our parents since she was young.

I'm already at the end of my rope on how to deal with her.
I'm not entirely sure how to deal with such a situation either. I'm kind of the in the same boat, except I moved away from my sister. She was too much to deal with, always arguing and stuff, and to top it all off she did the worst possible drugs which didn't help her. She's now locked up in a mental hospital, so that's just kind of how it got dealt with. Hopefully your sister isn't the same way. Has she tried therapy of any kind? Like problem solving and time management/planning and organizational therapy?
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:09 pm

I think the problem is that you are related. You aren't your father in this case. You are the land lord, it's your property. You have a right to maintain the property how you see fit. As her land lord, tell her she needs to make changes or she has to find other living arrangements. You've been lenient and accommodating but now she has to step up.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:31 pm

The way I deal with my sisters is to not live with them O.o their messy habits (and their kid's messy habits) would drive me up the wall.

I agree with Pwolf on this one.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm with Pwolf on this one.

Leaving the doors open is a security risk. Not taking care of the dog is neglect. Dirty dishes can be a health issue. Leaving the curling iron plugged in is a fire hazard, and should be pointed out as her biggest offense, since that technically puts everyone in the house in danger. She needs to know that most landlords won't tolerate that kind of crap, and she shouldn't take advantage of your leniency just because you're family. Put it to her bluntly and don't sugarcoat anything. It's grow up or move out time.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:33 pm

That's putting your entire property and belongings in danger. The fire hazard alone is enough to put an entire area in danger if left out of control. D:

I'm agree with Pwolf.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:12 am

All hail the King! All hail the King!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “General Discussion”