Re: Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - Submissions Close

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 pm

i'm having problems connecting... is it 12am EDT Monday yet? :uhoh:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Sorry everyone, the host redirect service I was using decided to delete my redirect without warning me. It has since been re-initiated and tested as working.

As I just found out about this, and this has been going on most of the day, I will extend the FTP deadline to 11:59 EDT 10/8/2012. So you have 1 extra day to make up for this.
ImageImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - FTP Deadline 10/8

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 am

*whew* :sweat:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:22 am

Alright everyone. The 1st QC round has been completed. Every video's entry status has been updated to reflect the current status of all entries. Any videos that did not pass QC their editors should have received an email from me separately informing you of this. However, it may be best to check the entry status page just to be sure of the status of your entry. (I did not send messages out to those who failed to submit their entries by the deadline as re-submission is not available for these entries.)

If your entry did not pass QC then you have 1 chance to fix the issue listed. You can request a re-submission FTP account (works just like the normal FTP account requests) and you will have until 11:59 PM EDT on Oct 16th to submit the final version. If this version does not pass QC then that will be it, better luck next year.

A bit more info for everyone who's videos have passed QC. Your entry status should list Video Checked. This basically means that it has passed the QC round and will compete in the judging with all other entries during our judging sessions. After judging is completed there will be a finalist list posted showing all entries that will be played during the convention (keep in mind that ALL entries will compete, but only some will be shown at the con.) Video status will change for entries at that point. All entries that will be shown at the con will be listed as Video Accepted, all entries that are not guaranteed to be played at the con will be listed as Accepted for Overflow. This finalist list will be posted at least within 1 week of the convention.

I want to thank everyone who submitted this year. There are a lot of really great and original videos and I can't wait for the con to show these off! This is the biggest contest yet and it will be lots of fun forcing my judging to sit through all of the entries! Good luck to everyone! Those of you who will be in attendance I'll see you there!
ImageImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:36 pm

being co-coordinator of the Anime Vegas contest coming on 3 years, i just wanna acknowledge how impressive your entry system is. you're always very on top of things, mr. silver, it's very admirable and inspiring :up:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:43 pm

I appreciate the comment. I want to make my system as robust as is needed while also be as easy to use as it can be.

I'm open to suggestions as well. I want to refine some new features for next year over the few month hiatus after the con so please any suggestions let me know. (and yes, I hope to have the FTP system be instantaneous for next year, as that is perhaps the biggest thing that I can see an an annoyance for both myself and all of ya'll)
ImageImageImageImage

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Submitted for reupload FTP. Will have it up as soon as I have the confirmation.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:46 am

All re-submissions have gone through QC. I have sent messages to everyone who actually re-submitted a video informing them of the current status of their entry, however those who failed to submit a video by the deadline have not been contacted. All accounts have been closed and all current QC decisions at this time are final.

All checked entries are now being groomed and set for judging which will be taking place over this weekend. All entry status should be updated by mid week next week reflecting the final at-con playlist and a listing of accepted entries will be posted around the same time.

Any questions or issues at this time please let me know.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - Finalists Posted

Post by ngsilver » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Congratulations to all of our finalists! First posts have been updated with the list of finalists that will be playing during the convention. We received a lot of really great videos this year and sadly we just can't play all of them during the con. I will be updating the entry status for every video shortly but figured I'd put this announcement out now.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2#p1443942
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”