Storytime

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
mewlzilla
Org Profile

Storytime

Post by mewlzilla » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:45 am

otherwise known as, "hi, I worked a month on this" or "never, ever use WMM 6" and "if you have epilepsy, please avoid it".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSCCu1xUgC0

Last edited by mewlzilla on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: D.Gray-Man Storytime

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:39 pm

I would have enjoyed this a lot more if it wasn't for the constant flashes/fades. It's fine to use them for emphasis, but they were used between almost every scene [if not indeed every scene] and they got in the way of everything else. I think it could have benefited from a few crossfades here and there as well, a few scenes seem to come in offbeat or between beats and that could potentially help smoothe them over if done right.

It was pretty decent otherwise, a straight forward action video but you don't see many D.Grayman AMVs. I like that you used a pretty wide variety of the characters instead of just Allen or the main four or so.

mewlzilla
Org Profile

Re: Storytime

Post by mewlzilla » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I can see what you mean now. I did have a few crossfades stuck in (unfortunately, the discovery of crossfading was made halfway through the video) but not as much as I would like. I'm on a bit of a learning curve right now, since this is only my second AMV and WMM 6 is horrible in almost every way except the ones that other programs don't have.

Thank you for the advice!

kyle_m
Org Profile

Re: D.Gray-Man Storytime

Post by kyle_m » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:22 pm

nice editing though :nose:
Hagaren Viper wrote:if it wasn't for the constant flashes/fades.
read in my mind

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”