Saudade (1st place/Best Drama/Natsuno Con 2012)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Re: Saudade (Natsuno Con 2012)

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 am

Cecco wrote:
Spoiler :
Centurione wrote:Here I must disagree, it's totally K&G style. They might be similar but this video is as much their style as possible, at least in my opinion.
Anyway, great job! Surely it's one of the best releases this year :up:
yes but this is similar style editing of umika..
now all amv of this kind, are inspired by the video of umika :/
anyway this is my vision and opinion
Crossovers have been going on long before Umika, and Kitty&Galia too. I do not think it is fair to compare the editors especially when it is quite clear their styles of cross-overs are nothing alike and are unique in their own.

I enjoyed this a lot.
I was hoping you girls would have a new AMV for Natsuno or perhaps AKROSS. I liked how you pulled us with thinking we were Taiga in the beginning. Who was able to see a ghost of Menma and not being able to do anything for her. Then it switches to reality were Taiga herself is invisible and cannot communicate with Menma till the end. I really enjoyed the scenes with the anime you selected. I think the character designs of both Toradora worked well with AnoHana.

Kitty-Galia
Org Profile

Post by Kitty-Galia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks for your comments, dear friends! <3
i assume it's intended to be left to the interpretation of the viewer?
This =)
darkened/blurred clips in a crossover amv
FANTASIA
it's totally K&G style. They might be similar but this video is as much their style as possible, at least in my opinion.
Yes. Because of mystical content of "Saudade" we tried to mix styles of our FANTASIA, Between, in.vain . Nothing more :3

We always try to make each work in individual style, depending on the content and atmosphere. So there is nothing surprising in the fact that the style of "Saudade" is different from drama like Jus Talionis - they have different content and atmosphere, so they have different styles.
ImageImage

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 am

Bah ok

EDIT : I'm not accusing G&K of rip, maybe it's because I've been seeing a lot of cross/overs these times and re-watching it more times I made a better idea about it, and I think you're right saying that it has almost nothing in common with Umika's videos

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 am

Snice, I liked this. :up:

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Re: Saudade (Natsuno Con 2012/Toradora & Ano Hana Cross-over

Post by -Kyros- » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:28 am

Good Job :D
I really like the scene selection, you are also able to create a story very addictive.
Together In Terminis is my favorite of your

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 am

Not much to say, except that I thought this was amazing.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 am

The crossover was awesome... some of the transitions could've been better and drama was totally there... Still... I wanna steal your skillz or "Lack of Procrastination" * ^ *

But... I think I kinda want to see an AMV that's not so complicated and fun to make from you guys xD Like, you two obviously are masters at making cross-overs... but the time and energy put into making it must be exhausting so maybe something a little more simple and enjoyable for yourselves as well from time to time would be kinda cool, I think. xD

But, overall, great work on the cross-over you two :up: You guys know how not to procrastinate xD

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:41 am

I enjoyed this quite a bit, it didn't get as melodramatic over-the-top silly as "In Terminis." Still... is there every going to be a crossover that isn't dark and tragic?

Regardless, great compositing and an overall great video :up:

Kitty-Galia
Org Profile

Re: Saudade (1st place/Best Drama/Natsuno Con 2012)

Post by Kitty-Galia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:34 am

Thanks for comments, everyone! :3
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”