Yaoicon 2012 Deadline Extended - Call for entries

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Yaoicon 2012 Deadline Extended - Call for entries

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:27 am

Glad to hear it's on a reasonable day now...and congrats to the finalist :)!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 am

Omg I wish I could go to this con! I know most of the videos and I wish I could see them on screen!
Pola and Jazzy you two submitted some of my favorite videos! <3 :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

DigitalPanther
Org Profile

Post by DigitalPanther » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:00 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Finalists are in - The following are the finalists for Yaoicon - Please note that the contest (despite current schedule listing) will be at 12:00 am on Friday night - THE FIRST NIGHT OF THE CON. Winners will be announced at (tentatively) a re-screening of the contest on Sunday.

That is great news! I am glad they came to their senses.
Congratulations to the finalists!
-DP

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm

You do know that irriadin("Bubbles") and I made two separate videos with the same source, almost the same title, but different songs, right? So did we both make it in, or just one of us? Considering that each category has exactly six finalists, I feel only one of us made it in....
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Let me get back to you, there was some confusion in the records - I THOUGHT I put down for seven videos in each catagory in the first place. Let me take a look and correct it where I can. I'll update it in a new post to this thread. And yeah, there was a lot of confusion in juding because the titles of the videos are very similar and use the same source.

Brakus I will specifically look into yours because according to my records the videos have been listed in it back and forth with the wrong titles (your video attributed to irriadin and vice versa) so I really need to take a close look again to tell which one or if both made the finals. Unfortunately I can't do that till later today because I'm at work and don't have access to the files.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Thankfully my wife is home and was able to check the records - I didn't realize that I only posted six finalists in each catagory - it should have been seven. I should have known because that's why the Guns entry in action read wierd, I had the two listed next to each other in the records which caused the screwup.

Ok so here's the final four.

Romance - Nicole Manzo - Solace
Darma - siny - Beside You
Comedy - Pola - Church of Hot Addiction
Action - Brakus Media - Yer Guns, Put them on!

I understand your frustration Brakus, Haunter and I practically did the same thing at AWA two years ago - we both submitted trailers to Gurren Lagann using the Star Trek Audio - hell I did the math and I think about 30% of our shots were even identical. The only differences were in style, title and that I entered mine in Expo while he entered his in Pro.
BANG

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Brakus wrote:You do know that irriadin("Bubbles") and I made two separate videos with the same source, almost the same title, but different songs, right?
i found that a trip, how the heck did that happen anyway? it's like when A Bug's Life and Antz were released, or Deep Impact and Armageddon, Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer (etc.)....

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Brakus wrote:You do know that irriadin("Bubbles") and I made two separate videos with the same source, almost the same title, but different songs, right?
i found that a trip, how the heck did that happen anyway? it's like when A Bug's Life and Antz were released, or Deep Impact and Armageddon, Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer (etc.)....
It was the right time. The Last Party was released and that was like the epic conclusion to the series. Not to mention: who DOESN'T want to put some guns on?!

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 pm

(blah) delayed double post (blah)
BANG

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Wired Knight: thanks for clearing that up! Good to know we both made the cut. You know what they say, "Everyone is different; no two people are not on fire. Awwwwwwwwwww." I will hope the audience will get a kick out of me using that one scene where Masamune grabs Yukimura's necklace :)

Irriadin: If it weren't for Sen BASA, I would have thought Hulkamania was running wild all over again. :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Return to “AMV Contests”