036.5C

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
butterflo
Org Profile

036.5C

Post by butterflo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:46 am

"..when words are not enough,"
watch my videos here:
https://butterflo.me

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: 036.5C

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 am

I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet. I found it very intriguing. I know nothing about the work, but I'm pretty sure I understood the story here. The command line code and the scene choices largely spoke for themselves in a very simple combination with the music. There just wasn't a lot of need for anything flashy. I think the short-attention span crowd might complain about clips being too long, but I won't, since I believe I understand what you were trying to do.

I liked it. Utterly depressing, but I liked it.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Yeahhh.... That one hand scene was so long xD

but I liked the story that it told. Kind of a nice change of pace from all the other videos that have flashes and so many scene changes. A nice story, didn't need to use that many effects or transitions and the emotion was present. I'd give this a good recommendation because its a nice change of pace from all the other AMVs that use a lot of scenes and effects.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:06 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:A nice story, didn't need to use that many effects or transitions and the emotion was present.
x2. Though as someone who is nitpicky when it comes to pacing, I did find that a lot of the scenes could have been cut shorter or alternatively a scene from the same sequence that used a different camera angle might have helped break it up a little while keeping the atmosphere going.

But it was interesting. And Supercell= <3

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:50 pm

I totally called it on the "in b4 'clips are too long'" comment. :P
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

butterflo
Org Profile

Post by butterflo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:01 am

Kionon wrote:I think the short-attention span crowd might complain about clips being too long,
:awesome:

Whenever I show betas to my friends they would give feedbacks like why is this clip so long :? and I would go,
..why not? If it adds more I'd stick to it:)

(well, aside from the fact I'm really bad at AE..)
Last edited by butterflo on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watch my videos here:

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Kionon wrote:I totally called it on the "in b4 'clips are too long'" comment. :P
You wouldn't have called it if you didn't think it either :awesome:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:32 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:
Kionon wrote:I totally called it on the "in b4 'clips are too long'" comment. :P
You wouldn't have called it if you didn't think it either :awesome:
BZZZT, wrong. I've just been at this for so long, especially after running #amv-review, that I already know how my own views differ from a more mainstream opinion. While *I* don't think they are too long, I'm also able to recognise when other people will disagree.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:01 pm

I think you would have gotten more feedback if you had cut down the file size and uploaded it on here, or provided a link to youtube. 100+ mb for a 2 min clip seems a lot to me.

butterflo
Org Profile

Post by butterflo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:47 pm

@SeNniN

That was the best compromise I could do :( H264 compression loses detail in dark scenes because of how it compresses video data. I tried with various options, and found using not enough bitrate gave me macroblocks and heavy banding in fade-in scenes. The only solution at my side was to use slowest settings and high bitrate:/ The source also had some grain, which comes hard on file-size..
watch my videos here:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”