Saudade (1st place/Best Drama/Natsuno Con 2012)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kitty-Galia
Org Profile

Saudade (1st place/Best Drama/Natsuno Con 2012)

Post by Kitty-Galia » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:41 am

Last edited by Kitty-Galia on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Re: Saudade (Natsuno Con 2012)

Post by AceD » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 am

Pretty awesome, liked better than In Terminis as well....felt like it had more of an emotional impact. Great! :up:

Only curious what the relationship between the two characters is? lovers, sisters, best friends? i assume it's intended to be left to the interpretation of the viewer? :ying:

-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:45 am

Damn that was very impressive. The first few seconds had me confused for a little ( I didn't read the description, sorry lol)....I caught on. Dynamic vid. Good stuff.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:47 am

That was nicely done. Crossovers for the win.

Not entirely sure if I got the story right. It was the Toradora chick who had died afterall, no? I liked the twist. It nicely demonstrates the importance of form rather than content. The shift in perspective is purely formal but precisely as such quite powerful. Nonetheless, I had some problems with the story. I just didn't really feel it. Perhaps it felt too simple? The narrative was too easily exhausted. Although I'm sure you spend a lot of thought on those details.

I didn't like the song :uhoh: But I can appreciate it how over-the-top melodramatic the amv is. That is to say, it was shamelessly cheesy. So nice mood build-up there :up:

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:21 am

Very nice crossover!
I loved it and then we also have a nice song :)
Spoiler :
I do not know why, "all" use the same style of umika with crossover :(

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 am

Didnt like the song, but nice work and story, solid crossover.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Firstly I couldn't stand watching it because of the song. But then I made myself to and I'm gonna tell you it was awesome. That drama near the end was really intense :up: And you've done some excellent job with crossovering. I think some colour effects were a bit overdone though. When I see each screenshot separately, it's pretty but with this whole dynamism it becomes kinda dirty and chaotic.
Cecco wrote:
Spoiler :
Here I must disagree, it's totally K&G style. They might be similar but this video is as much their style as possible, at least in my opinion.
Anyway, great job! Surely it's one of the best releases this year :up:

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Centurione wrote:
Cecco wrote:
Spoiler :
Here I must disagree, it's totally K&G style. They might be similar but this video is as much their style as possible, at least in my opinion.
Everybody associates crossovers with Umika so my wild guess is that when there's anything like darkened/blurred clips in a crossover amv people will go "OMG! Umika rip-off!" :P

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:27 pm

I love how you did this it was very beautiful and the song was well fitted for this type of story. :mrgreen:

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Centurione wrote:Here I must disagree, it's totally K&G style. They might be similar but this video is as much their style as possible, at least in my opinion.
yes but this is similar style editing of umika..
now all amv of this kind, are inspired by the video of umika :/
anyway this is my vision and opinion

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”