North-Matchbox Twenty AMV Album

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
bboyle
Org Profile

North-Matchbox Twenty AMV Album

Post by bboyle » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 pm

I've always been a huge Matchbox Twenty fan and when I heard their new album I was extremely pleased (although it sounds more like pop than their older stuff the lyrics are still the same quality I'd expect), so I decided that I'd like to get together some editors who also liked their album and make an AMV for every song on their album. So I figure everyone should pick their favorite song (unless it's already taken) and make an AMV to it. The requirements are that it should be at least 480p (I understand some people might enjoy using older animes) and they will be going on a whole new youtube channel (everyone will get the password and be alloted time to upload the videos as they are completed, since I'm doing it this way everyone can choose their own output format although I will say h.264 codec inside a .mov container seems to work best. Deadlines will be given when every song has been chosen (consider it a head start to make the best amv you can as wel as, if you finish editing and see another song no chosen feel free to take it).

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, THE LIST
1. "Parade"
2. "She's So Mean"
3. "Overjoyed"
4. "Put Your Hands Up" -bboyle
5. "Our Song"
6. "I Will"
7. "English Town" -bboyle
8. "How Long"
9. "Radio"
10. "The Way"
11. "Like Sugar"
12. "Sleeping at the Wheel"

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: North-Matchbox Twenty AMV Album

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:38 am

Are you a Mac editor?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

bboyle
Org Profile

Post by bboyle » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:56 am

Yes, however I also have Sony Vegas Pro 11 and Adobe CS 5 for my PC (using CS 6 on my Mac for this project though).

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 am

Well, I ask because MOV is a very odd container for PC users. Obviously, it's my preferred editing container, but then, I'm a (might say, the) Mac editor. I don't think you'll get many PC users willing to send you MOVs.

...btw, I have lots of ideas for Yourself or Someone Like You, but I haven't heard the new Matchbox 20 album yet.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

bboyle
Org Profile

Post by bboyle » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:04 am

.MOV was just a suggestion (force of habit for me since I started film school, convert to Pro Res, edit, export in mov with .h264 codec).

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:50 am

Pro Res is lossy. Do not edit in lossy. You should also not export out lossy from FCP or Premiere. I knew people who did it in college and I was always like... WRRYYYYYY? :down:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

bboyle
Org Profile

Post by bboyle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:50 am

Its just pushed so much (even in the industry here thanks to Avid accepting it) that it has become the only thing people accept as your editing intermediate (the only thing were allowed to edit with is Pro Res).

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”