The Vent Thread

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Pwolf » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:30 am

I dragged my self into a political discussion because I thought the person I was talking to wanted to actually have a somewhat intelligent conversation about my political views and how people should do more research and such... turns out person is a quack and is advocating people research and get facts while spouting the same BS they are arguing against.

Sorry, not playing that game. Goodbye.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Getting really annoyed at the pot and pan detergent and sanitzer solution at work. It keeps making my forearms break out in itchy bumps all over. I wear dishwashing gloves whenever I have to touch it, and I try to rinse my arms/hands after the fact, but the damn stuff persists. I know I could take an allergy medicine to help with the symptoms, but I'm not going to waste money taking meds continuously (and I doubt that's really healthy, either). It got doubly annoying today when I woke up and realized that there are a few itchy bumps on my neck and on the backs of my ears.

Sheesh, as if I didn't have enough reasons to hate this job. We're always shorthanded, and yesterday, we had five people for the whole day. We're supposed to have at least six of us just in the morning - and there's supposedly nothing that management can do about it, because they claim that they get the schedules sent down to them from corporate, and all they can do is fill it.

Ugh.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Sheesh, as if I didn't have enough reasons to hate this job. We're always shorthanded, and yesterday, we had five people for the whole day. We're supposed to have at least six of us just in the morning - and there's supposedly nothing that management can do about it, because they claim that they get the schedules sent down to them from corporate, and all they can do is fill it.

At my work, this last Sunday was a holiday of sorts. We open at 6 am on Sunday. On typical breakfasts, we do $3500 with 5 people. That Sunday we did $4500 with 3 people.

Everyone knew ahead of time that we were going to be extra busy, and those of us who knew had talked to management about it. What bugs me is that we have the ability to adjust the schedule, and we knew ahead of time... but, for whatever reason, we didn't prepare for it. And it's pretty common.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby ZephyrStar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:13 am

Con plague is in full swing...back of my throat is really raw...hope it's not strep :|
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 pm

EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm like "Fuck yeah! Let's do this! There is a major que of calls and I'm just going to dive in and clear things out so I can get some awesome stats! No after call work for me!"
I get some insane call where it's either a complicated mess and the customer is pissed or it's an incredibly nice person I REALLY want to help but can't. Then I need a minute to chill and clear my mind, all while my stats go to hell.

I want to go home and play Borderlands 2 with people. I'm so over today and I've only been here for 3 hours... 7 more to go :/
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby ZephyrStar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:58 pm

I have a porcupine in my throat.

Well, maybe it's more like a bee's nest. A bee's nest coated in hydrochloric acid.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Athena » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm

"Kio-sensei, your sentences are too difficult for the students. The content isn't important, the grammar point is. You need to make them easier."

A) easier is incredibly boring
B) stop saying X and Y are too difficult. You are mollycoddling the students, and you wonder why 99% of them will never been able to use English in any real conversation. If you do not challenge them to actually interface with greater complexity they will always be stuck at, "Hello, my name is" "how are you" and "it's sunny!"

Stop teaching English like a dead language >_<
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Pwolf » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:I have a porcupine in my throat.

Well, maybe it's more like a bee's nest. A bee's nest coated in hydrochloric acid.

I think you need a dose of Borderlands 2
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Athena » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 am

Welp, pretty sure I just lost significant chunks of my supposed to be submitted to contests in 15 hours video. Yay harddrive failure. Yay forgetting to back up because of being in a hurry.

So much for coming out of retirement.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 am

Pwolf wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:I have a porcupine in my throat.

I think you need a dose of Borderlands 2

Well prescribed, doctor!

Kionon wrote:Stop teaching English like a dead language >_<

Teach it like mallard ducks.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Kimberly » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:55 am

Have pink eye :| :down:
ImageImage
Kimberly
Kardashian

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Not really a vent but a apparently a 10 minute delay for maintenance paperwork can becoke.the pilot saying in no way will the plane fly. So currently still in Calgary waiting on a departure for.tomorrow. But at least I get free hotep and vouhers for yummy food.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby Jadecavy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Moonlight Soldier wrote:Not really a vent but a apparently a 10 minute delay for maintenance paperwork can becoke.the pilot saying in no way will the plane fly. So currently still in Calgary waiting on a departure for.tomorrow. But at least I get free hotep and vouhers for yummy food.

Did you get free booze? |:>
Jadecavy

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Jadecavy wrote:
Moonlight Soldier wrote:Not really a vent but a apparently a 10 minute delay for maintenance paperwork can becoke.the pilot saying in no way will the plane fly. So currently still in Calgary waiting on a departure for.tomorrow. But at least I get free hotep and vouhers for yummy food.

Did you get free booze? |:>

The booze wasn't included, but considering the $40 meal I got was comped, booze was cheap :-P
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:23 pm

So I got pulled over by the sheriff on my way to work yesterday.

Turns out my mother never renewed the registration on the car. I had never looked closely at the license plate to even realize that it still said July. Now, you're probably thinking right now that I should have seen it myself and called attention to it, but I do not own a car, and haven't owned one yet, so unless there's a flashing, beeping light telling me something is wrong, I don't see those kinds of things. I've had my license for about ten years now and I didn't start driving regularly until about four months ago, after the eviction. So you'll have to excuse my inattentiveness.

I got a citation (for how much, I don't know; he said his printer was broken and he'd mail it), but I just know that this is a bill that I will end up paying, even though it isn't mine to pay. Mom insisted that she did get it renewed, but that it must have been sent to the old address. When I mentioned that to my co-workers, they all said the same thing - that if that were true, the sheriff would have seen it when he looked it up on his computer. So she lied through her teeth again, and again, I'm going to end up paying for her mistake. Not only the citation, but the registration, too. The cable bill also comes out of this check, as well as another $100 that I promised to set aside for replacing the tires on the car (although it's moot at this point; Mom has already extorted $360 of the $500 that I was planning to set aside). And that's pretty much going to be my entire paycheck.

I'm thinking that I'll just use the $140 leftover for the tires on the citation/registration, plus however much more it ends up being. I plan to be out of here before I have to drive on snow/ice too much anyway, and after I'm gone, fuck Mom. She can drive that deathtrap and get into an accident for all I care. It's her fault that I couldn't replace the tires, and she deserves whatever is coming to her as a result of that. I held up my promise to save $500. My obligation is over. That was the last nice thing I was going to do for her before I moved out, but she's not worth it anymore. Not after the last year and a half of misery that she has put me through.
dj_ultima_the_great

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion