The Old-Hat Old-School MEP

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
SailorDeath
Org Profile

The Old-Hat Old-School MEP

Post by SailorDeath » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Hello all you old-timers, yes you, the one's who've been here since forever. Over this last Sunday at AWA, I talked with a few other old-timers in the AMV community and we really liked the idea of having a MEP that only those of us who've been around for a while can participate in. So here's the breakdown:
  1. To be eligible to participate you must have created a video no later than 2004.
  2. Your anime source MUST come from the year you have on record at the org as creating your first AMV. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:A ... st_release)
  3. Your song source MUST come from the year that you were born. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Songs_by_year)
  4. ~~Song length should be no longer than a minute with a few seconds lead-in and lead-out room. (that is you take a minute's worth of music from the song you've chosen)~~
Signups will be open until January 1st. Video submission will be open until August 31st. If we get enough people, I'd love to show this at AWA 2013. The wikipedia links above are quite useful for finding what you need for anime and audio. If you want to participate, sign up is simple, reply to this thread with the information formatted like the example below and I'll take down the information.

Creator: SailorDeath
Studio: Sailor Death Productions
Birth Year: 1976
AMV Start Year: 1999
Song Used: Smokin' by Boston
Anime Used: Excel Saga

I think this MEP would be a lot of fun for all of us. It'll also be an interesting way to let everyone know when we got started in life and as an editor.
Please post all your questions here.

For Clarifications: The two links above are just something to get you started. I noticed there are a lot of songs missing from the song list that came out. Additionally, for anime source, it's the year you made your first video according to the org. Not year you joined the org. Also for anime released I decided you can go with both US or Japan release dates to help broaden your choice of titles to use.

EDIT: you know I got to thinking, why should we be limited to one video? If you can think of a couple or even a dozen I'll take em for this.

UPDATE!
Okay it's been plenty of time and I don't think anyone else is going to submit anything. So here it goes, time to get started on your videos. Also going to allow you guys to go longer than a minute with your videos to a full song if you wish, since there are so few of us participating. The deadline to get this all done is July 31st since I would like to do a showing at AWA and will need ample time to submit the request to them and have time to get information into the program guide.

Anyway, here's the list of videos we've gotten thus far. If you wanna change something up or do another song just let me know and I'll update it here.

MEP Participants:

Creator: ngsilver
Studio: Chaotic Bad-Raptor
Birth Year: 1983
AMV Start Year: 2002
Song: David Bowie - Let's Dance
Anime: Princess TuTu

Creator: Hitori
Studio: Hitori Studios
Birth Year: 1981
AMV Start Year: 2002

Creator: Kionon
Studio: Kionon Productions Ltd. (Original), :| Serious Business Studios :| (Current).
Birth Year: 1983
AMV Start Year: 2001
Song Used: I Melt With You by Modern English
Anime Used: Kareshi Kanojo no Jijyou

Creator: Mr. Pilkington
Studio: Chaotic Bad Raptor
Birth Year: 1980
AMV Start Year: 2002 (this pseudonym)
Song Used: Transylvania by Iron Maiden
Anime Used: ??? tba

Creator: GloryQuestor
Studio: Serious Business Studios
Birth Year: 1975
AMV Start Year: 2004
Song Used: Intermezzo No. 1 by ABBA
Anime Used: Mezzo DSA

Creator: Sailor Death
Birth year: 1976
Star Year: 1999
Song: "The Combine Harvester" by The Wurzels
Anime: Magic Users Club & Excel Saga

Creator: Sailor Death
Birth year: 1976
Star Year: 1999
Song: "I Wish" by Stevie Wonder
Anime: TBD
Last edited by SailorDeath on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Re: The Old-Hat Old-School MEP

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:46 pm

fjm,jh
Last edited by Kevmaster on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Kevmaster wrote:It's saddening me that I cannot participate because I started a little too late. This is a great idea especially considering I'm still a huge fan of old-school editing. I'll be very very much looking forward to this.
The few that I talked to, NGSilver, GloryQuestor and LantisEscudo (I think I brought this up with him) actually really seemed to like the idea. I only wish some of the retired veterans could come out of retirement to make something for this mep.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Sooo...lemme get this straight, in order to join, one must have been on the org before 2004? (Check..)

And we have to use an anime in this MEP of the year we joined and the year we were born?

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:52 pm

fjh,jh
Last edited by Kevmaster on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Sooo...lemme get this straight, in order to join, one must have been on the org before 2004? (Check..)

And we have to use an anime in this MEP of the year we joined and the year we were born?
In order to join you'd had to have made a video before 2004.

The anime comes from the year you started making AMVs, the Music comes from the year you were born. (for the anime year go with what it says on the org. for example I made a video back in 1995, but I've lost it. Officially on the org it says I started making amvs in 1999 so that's the year I use)
Last edited by SailorDeath on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:02 pm

I was going to go list my old Linkin Ball Z vids from the previous pseudonym, but 2002 has some just great anime. :up:

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:34 pm

However I am older than all of you ... you must just fear my "old schoolnessness".

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm in, though 83 was not a good year for music IMO
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm

I'm in. I've got my list of potentials for anime (2001) and music (1981, a good year for stuff I like), I'll have the list whittled down soon.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”