Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - Winners Posted

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition

Post by ngsilver » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Please keep in mind the total length allowed for all entries from one entrant. We are hard capping entries at 40mins total. We will cut all videos in order of receipt once that time limit is met. We have already received multiple entrants who have overlooked this rule, so please check the lengths of your entries before you submit and make sure only the videos you wish to have compete are selected.

The Deadline is little over 2 months away.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - Oct 5 Deadline

Post by ngsilver » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 pm

The deadline for Youmacon is fast approaching. Deadline is now 1 month away!

Due to the sudden switch for AWA to using my entry database for their entries, as well as my focus being drawn almost specifically to working AWA's entries these last few weeks I want to extend a special perk to anyone who submitted to AWA's Contests. That is, if you already submitted your entry to AWA's contests, you can submit those same entries to Youmacon without having to re-upload them. All you will need to do is fill out the entry form for Youmacon for your entry and just state that your entry was part of AWA this past year (including the entry number would help me locate it faster) and consider your video submission received.

Keep in mind that your entry will still need to adhere to Youmacon's rules, however if your entry meets AWA's rules then it will most likely meet Youmacon's rules, except Youmacon does not accept videos with ANY form of identification marks in them, be that studio bumpers, song credits, ect. We do however accept the same kinds of videos that AWA does, in that we accept live action, My Little Pony, Avatar, ect.

Any questions with this new stipulation, feel free to send them my way.
ImageImageImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:02 pm

I also submitted to this with my AWA entry. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:20 pm

I sent a video :)

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Alright nate, I decided to troll youmacon with my terrible awa entries. Happy now?
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:57 pm

:beer: bandwagon :beer:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 am

Everyone who submitted and requested FTP accounts over the last weekend while I was at AWA I have finally gotten them fulfilled and sent out now that I am back home, have internet access, and am able to do so.

Keep in mind everyone, I still have the open submission policy for any videos submitted to AWA's contests (Pro, Expo, or Commercial) where all you need to do is fill out a new entry form for Youma and let me know that you submitted your video to AWA to consider it received (an AWA entry number will help be find it quicker and is appreciated.)

Also, for those of you who have not submitted using this system before, please keep in mind that while the entry system is mostly automated, FTP accounts are not completely automated and could take 3 days for you to receive your FTP account. Once you select Request FTP account button DO NOT hit the close button directly afterwards or an account will not be created for you.

Also, as the deadline is Oct 5th, keep in mind that this means that your entry form and FTP account has until 12am EDT Oct 6th to be requested and submitted. That is, I will close both entry submissions and FTP account requests at the stroke of Midnight. Any requests or entry forms submitted up to that point will be honored. You will have until 12am EDT Monday Oct 8th to have your video submitted to the FTP server. I will shut the FTP server down at this time and purge all accounts. Late submissions will not be accepted.

There will also be a short period available for re-submissions if there are issues with your video(s). Please check the entry status section of the entry system in order to see your video's status and ensure your video(s) have been received and there are no issues.
ImageImageImageImage

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Successfully entered! :D

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:53 pm

i'm loving the "no maximum number of entries" rule :mrgreen: prepare for my flood :up:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Sent some your way with relevant info.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AMV Contests”