[Okami] Angel's Music

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
OkamiRvS
Org Profile

Re: [Okami] Angel's Music

Post by OkamiRvS » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:14 pm

thanks!

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 pm

I had a devil of a time running this. Either the 10bit or the 8bit. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro, and here's the kicker... my 2009 MacBook White ran the 10bit and the 8bit with no problems, and it's much slower. After some reboots and clearing my processes and getting rid of start up items, I managed to run the 8bit perfectly in a player called NicePlayer, and the 10bit only has very minor macrblocking at the very beginning. The most intensive section (the black and white horizontal shift) runs fine on both versions on machines. Mirko confirmed the encode, so I'm unclear why my MBP has issues with the 10bit. I'm thinking something got borked in the recent 10.8.2 update, but Mirko told me a friend of his with an i7 MBP ran it just fine.

Wakaranai. ¯\(°_o)/¯

As for the video itself, once I got it running, I enjoyed it. For some reason Mplayer2 would slow it down but render everything correctly, so for the first two minutes I was just like, "Nice effects, but there seems to be zero sync..." Until I realised the video lasted longer than the audio and I had issues which needed to be addressed. My personal jury is still out on Angel Beats. I tried watching it when it first came out and couldn't make it past the feeling that Yurripe was just a poor man's Haruhi. I recently tried to watch the series again and made it to the end. I still don't have a strong connection to the characters and so I felt that I missed a lot of the emotional power in your video largely because outside of perhaps Angel herself, I don't give much a damn about any of the characters. Not your fault.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

OkamiRvS
Org Profile

Post by OkamiRvS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 pm

thanks for the comment!

javywhite
You belong in a museum
Org Profile

Post by javywhite » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:33 pm

nice job, really enjoyed some of the transitions you used (Y)

Rice
is a terrible mother
Org Profile

Post by Rice » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:07 am

nice feel to the video and dynamic as well. Kudos :)

xZAKUROx
Org Profile

Post by xZAKUROx » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Lovely *.* Great job (again ) ;)

OkamiRvS
Org Profile

Post by OkamiRvS » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 am

thanks!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”