Storytime

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Storytime

Postby mewlzilla » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:45 am

otherwise known as, "hi, I worked a month on this" or "never, ever use WMM 6" and "if you have epilepsy, please avoid it".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSCCu1xUgC0

Last edited by mewlzilla on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mewlzilla

Re: D.Gray-Man Storytime

Postby Hagaren Viper » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:39 pm

I would have enjoyed this a lot more if it wasn't for the constant flashes/fades. It's fine to use them for emphasis, but they were used between almost every scene [if not indeed every scene] and they got in the way of everything else. I think it could have benefited from a few crossfades here and there as well, a few scenes seem to come in offbeat or between beats and that could potentially help smoothe them over if done right.

It was pretty decent otherwise, a straight forward action video but you don't see many D.Grayman AMVs. I like that you used a pretty wide variety of the characters instead of just Allen or the main four or so.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Re: Storytime

Postby mewlzilla » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I can see what you mean now. I did have a few crossfades stuck in (unfortunately, the discovery of crossfading was made halfway through the video) but not as much as I would like. I'm on a bit of a learning curve right now, since this is only my second AMV and WMM 6 is horrible in almost every way except the ones that other programs don't have.

Thank you for the advice!
mewlzilla

Re: D.Gray-Man Storytime

Postby kyle_m » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:22 pm

nice editing though :nose:
Hagaren Viper wrote:if it wasn't for the constant flashes/fades.

read in my mind
kyle_m

Return to AMV Announcements