AWA pro thoughts/followups?

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: AWA pro thoughts/followups?

Postby l33tmeatwad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 pm

I personally think it just degrades the challenge to "oh I didn't win masters? I'll take my consolation prize (if they so happen to win a category in Pro)"...and makes it feel like a "add-on" to Pro rather than being Masters...if it has to be that way you should make it fun and do something like...e-mail the top 5, and give them to option to choose to possibly win masters or something in pro...so if they choose masters they aren't eligible for Pro finals.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby jingoro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:I personally think it just degrades the challenge to "oh I didn't win masters? I'll take my consolation prize (if they so happen to win a category in Pro)"...and makes it feel like a "add-on" to Pro rather than being Masters...if it has to be that way you should make it fun and do something like...e-mail the top 5, and give them to option to choose to possibly win masters or something in pro...so if they choose masters they aren't eligible for Pro finals.

Damn, really? Sounds half-empty when you say it that way. I thought of it more as "Wow, I got Best "Nice" in Pro but hey, I got this real fly jacket too!"

...I liked your video... it was... nice.
jingoro

Postby l33tmeatwad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 pm

jingoro wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:I personally think it just degrades the challenge to "oh I didn't win masters? I'll take my consolation prize (if they so happen to win a category in Pro)"...and makes it feel like a "add-on" to Pro rather than being Masters...if it has to be that way you should make it fun and do something like...e-mail the top 5, and give them to option to choose to possibly win masters or something in pro...so if they choose masters they aren't eligible for Pro finals.

Damn, really? Sounds half-empty when you say it that way. I thought of it more as "Wow, I got Best "Nice" in Pro but hey, I got this real fly jacket too!"

...I liked your video... it was... nice.

Haha...sorry, I can be a bit blunt at times. Obviously it's still an honor to be chosen by your peers to win, and masters is an honor to win too, I just personally prefer them as separate challenges.

Thanks...
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm

so can you still choose to submit a video to masters strictly? i think i may be getting confused cuz i'm kinda new to this contest and haven't gotten the logistics of it down yet. :oops:
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby kireblue » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Rider4Z wrote:so can you still choose to submit a video to masters strictly? i think i may be getting confused cuz i'm kinda new to this contest and haven't gotten the logistics of it down yet. :oops:

basically, there will no longer be a submission process for Masters. Also, Pro will be an exclusive content contest. And lastly, the winner of Masters will be whatever video that jingoro likes the best out of the pro submissions.
MomoCon's 2014 AMV Contest will be accepting entries until Monday, April 28th, 2013
kireblue

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm

kireblue wrote:basically, there will no longer be a submission process for Masters. Also, Pro will be an exclusive content contest. And lastly, the winner of Masters will be whatever video that jingoro likes the best out of the pro submissions.

got it :up: thnx
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Can't say I enjoy the new exlusive rule for AWA Pro. I think that this will lower the quality of the entries a considerable amount. With alot of big contests right before it, people are going to have less of a reason to submit. I think it would be better if you made it a certain time frame. Having videos only allowed to be 3 months old or less. I would enjoy that.
Talk to me on skypes and stuffs: Mycathatesyou0000
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget

Postby Lord Rae » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 am

I've always treated Pro as exclusive anyway... that is I've never submitted a video for pro that I didn't create specifically for it... but since I never enter anything anywhere else I guess I'm alone in that.
Lord Rae

Postby Mr Pilkington » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:19 am

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Can't say I enjoy the new exlusive rule for AWA Pro. I think that this will lower the quality of the entries a considerable amount. With alot of big contests right before it, people are going to have less of a reason to submit. I think it would be better if you made it a certain time frame. Having videos only allowed to be 3 months old or less. I would enjoy that.

Classically most of us have treated pro as a "professional" level contest (hence the name.) Meaning that the contest should be comprised of new content which puts each editors skills to the test and forces everyone to try a little harder. I just ask the question: "if Jingoro were my boss, would I give him a piece of work I handed in 6 months ago for another project and expect to get paid?" Anything else is expo.
though generally my work rarely reflects this

my 2¢
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Postby jingoro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:23 am

Mr Pilkington wrote:if Jingoro were my boss...

Get back to work you slacker!
Justin Bieber, Boyfriend, Macross Frontier, on my desk in the morning, mister.
jingoro

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:24 am

I'm all for bringing back the prestiege of AWA. I think these rules help with that.

:up: to more funtimes!
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Mr Pilkington » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 am

jingoro wrote:
Mr Pilkington wrote:if Jingoro were my boss...

Get back to work you slacker!
Justin Bieber, Boyfriend, Macross Frontier, on my desk in the morning, mister.

You can take this job.....
|:>
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Postby AMV_4000 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:34 am

Well that ruins my master plans for ending masters next year... no hentai in pro :(
AMV_4000

Postby Shin-AMV » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 pm

I like these changes. :up:
Shin-AMV

Postby jingoro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:30 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:Well that ruins my master plans for ending masters next year... no hentai in pro :(

Wait, I have an 18+ rule and a no Hentai rule? I think I broke something there. Let me dwell on this. Please discuss.
jingoro

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests