[AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
machina21
Org Profile

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Post by machina21 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:13 am

*virtual high five*
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Toxical
Org Profile

Post by Toxical » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:23 am

Kionon wrote:I don't have the video on this computer (I'm at work), but I don't remember any color effects, and I'm not sure I'd want to see them. I think one of the hypercorrections at work in AMVs is trying to "improve" older anime (especially in terms of sharpness or color) which simply over saturates the footage. Such saturation would be at odds not only with the vintage of the anime itself, but also with Sephiroth's general classic style.

tl;dr, without looking at 00:13, and based solely on my own recollections of viewings last night, I don't agree with you.

Allright, it is just my opinion thou. You might be just right, but I do belive that if you added some color effects (like Umika did in "Our Tapes") the final piece would look a lot better.

Still, 5 out of 5.
~Sergio AKA Toxical.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:24 am

Toxical,

There is no color effect at 00:13. There is a reflection of the sunset in the school classroom window, but that's in the original footage. Sephiroth didn't add that. "Our Tapes" is a crossover composite. It is an entirely different type of editing style. The comparison is apples and oranges. If you did add such effects, it wouldn't be "old school" anymore. And I think the usage of "better" or "improvement" is slippery here.

I think what you mean to say is that you are perhaps not as interested in the old school style, and that means a more modern editing style with the same footage and concept might have been more your taste. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it isn't as quantifiable as you originally made it sound.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Toxical
Org Profile

Post by Toxical » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 am

Kionon wrote:Toxical,

There is no color effect at 00:13. There is a reflection of the sunset in the school classroom window, but that's in the original footage. Sephiroth didn't add that. "Our Tapes" is a crossover composite. It is an entirely different type of editing style. The comparison is apples and oranges. If you did add such effects, it wouldn't be "old school" anymore. And I think the usage of "better" or "improvement" is slippery here.

I think what you mean to say is that you are perhaps not as interested in the old school style, and that means a more modern editing style with the same footage and concept might have been more your taste. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it isn't as quantifiable as you originally made it sound.
YES, that is what I ment! Sorry about being so slippery :sweat:

Still, @00:13 I tryed to say that there was different colors. Well... Sorry about that >.<
~Sergio AKA Toxical.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:46 am

All right, that makes a lot more sense. When you previously used the word "improvement," that implied quantifiable technical improvement. That's why I had to inquire further, because aside from the oddness of the aspect ratio (which Sephiroth has shown to be the correct AR for Noir), I didn't see anything that could be improved technically, and the style is one I absolutely love.

You're absolutely allowed to express the opinion that the style didn't work for you. Which is a shame, because my opinion is that Sephiroth (and Moon Goddess?) nailed it. Or, to put it another way:

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

kyle_m
Org Profile

Post by kyle_m » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:07 pm

yep you deserve a cat

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Guy next to me at AWA:
"It's been a while since the last Noir AMV. Since the last good Noir AMV."

That pretty much. Love what you did although it was at times hard to follow the story. Yet great choice of Anime and Song. Love the editing. Well done! :up:
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:47 am

Noir is a terrible show, but you made a pretty good AMV out of it. :up:

kyle_m
Org Profile

Post by kyle_m » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Noir is a terrible show,

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”