Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - Winners Posted

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - Oct 5 Deadline

Postby Mr Pilkington » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:57 pm

:beer: bandwagon :beer:
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina
Mr Pilkington

Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!

Postby ngsilver » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 am

Everyone who submitted and requested FTP accounts over the last weekend while I was at AWA I have finally gotten them fulfilled and sent out now that I am back home, have internet access, and am able to do so.

Keep in mind everyone, I still have the open submission policy for any videos submitted to AWA's contests (Pro, Expo, or Commercial) where all you need to do is fill out a new entry form for Youma and let me know that you submitted your video to AWA to consider it received (an AWA entry number will help be find it quicker and is appreciated.)

Also, for those of you who have not submitted using this system before, please keep in mind that while the entry system is mostly automated, FTP accounts are not completely automated and could take 3 days for you to receive your FTP account. Once you select Request FTP account button DO NOT hit the close button directly afterwards or an account will not be created for you.

Also, as the deadline is Oct 5th, keep in mind that this means that your entry form and FTP account has until 12am EDT Oct 6th to be requested and submitted. That is, I will close both entry submissions and FTP account requests at the stroke of Midnight. Any requests or entry forms submitted up to that point will be honored. You will have until 12am EDT Monday Oct 8th to have your video submitted to the FTP server. I will shut the FTP server down at this time and purge all accounts. Late submissions will not be accepted.

There will also be a short period available for re-submissions if there are issues with your video(s). Please check the entry status section of the entry system in order to see your video's status and ensure your video(s) have been received and there are no issues.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Magicflier » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Successfully entered! :D
Magicflier

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:53 pm

i'm loving the "no maximum number of entries" rule :mrgreen: prepare for my flood :up:
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Sent some your way with relevant info.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby drewaconclusion » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i'm loving the "no maximum number of entries" rule :mrgreen: prepare for my flood :up:

*pictures a bunch of enemies from Halo with Rider's head on them*
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...

Postby ngsilver » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Well, there technically is a maximum number, and that is the specific number of entries submitted that reaches the 40 min time limit across all entries.... And yes, some of you have met that already.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 pm

:shock: *goes back to read the fine print*

EDIT: ah.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Kazemon15 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:15 am

Hmm...

I sent my vid a while ago, but it still says only the entry form received. However, I did close the account a few days after I uploaded it.... :uhoh:
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby ngsilver » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:20 pm

As I have gotten this question quite a few times, let's clear up the deadline confusion. As usual, the entry system will close as well as FTP requests will close at Midnight Oct 6th, however as you will have just submitted your FTP request right up to the wire, you will be given the rest of the weekend to submit your entry via FTP. That is to say FTP submissions themselves will close at Midnight Oct 8th.

So, to break it down the following is true:

You have until 11:59 PM EDT on Oct 5th to submit your entry form and request an FTP account.
You will have until 11:59PM EDT on Oct 7th to finish uploading your entry via FTP.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby ngsilver » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Final reminder, the deadline for having your entry form and FTP account request in is 11:59 PM EDT tonight!

Please keep in mind that FTP account request is NOT instantaneous. If you close the account before an account is created it will look in the system as you had not requested an account. As such I will be unable to approve the account and send the information to you. If the button states "Close FTP Account" then that means that you have requested an open account and you WILL receive your information.

I am unfortunately scheduled 2nd shift at work today. Meaning I will be unable to approve FTP accounts until close to or after the deadline tonight. Be assured that as long as you do not CLOSE your account before it is created that an FTP account WILL be created for you and you will have through the rest of the weekend to actually upload your video. I will attempt to approve accounts while at work, but my ability to do so is not guaranteed.

Again, the deadline to have your video uploaded is 11:59 PM EDT on Oct 7th!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby The Wired Knight » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Entry submitted, waiting on FTP account.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby ngsilver » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:10 pm

That's it, submissions are now closed. I will be filtering through the last min submissions here shortly and everyone should have their FTP info in the next hour or so.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Re: Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - Submissions Close

Postby ngsilver » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:11 am

I have gone through all FTP account requests and verified that every FTP request has been fulfilled at this point. Remember that I will close all FTP account at 12:00am EDT Oct 8th.

As usual, there will be a short re-upload period that I will extend to entries that do not pass QC (do not adhere to the rules or have encoding errors) Entrants will however only be given 1 chance to re-submit a proper version of their video or it will be DQ'ed.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Re: Youmacon 2012 Music Video Exposition - Submissions Close

Postby ngsilver » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 am

Ok, all closed FTP accounts and every entry submitted by way of the AWA stipulation have been marked as received. Please check your entry status to verify it was received and there were not any issues.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests