AWA pro thoughts/followups?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: AWA pro thoughts/followups?

Post by Kireblue » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:I don't really like Masters being chosen from the Pro pool of videos. I would rather make a new video for both contests...
you can still pretty much do this since Masters will now be accepting 2 possible entries. This is definitely the most flexible compromise to the exclusive rule.

I wish that I hadn't told so many people about my idea for Masters though. Hopefully they'll forget within the next year :asd:
Last edited by Kireblue on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:34 pm

kireblue wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:I don't really like Masters being chosen from the Pro pool of videos. I would rather make a new video for both contests...
you can still pretty much do this since Masters will now be accepting 2 possible entries. This is definitely the most flexible compromise to the exclusive rule.
Then I would prefer to make 3 new videos, one for master and two for pro :P
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:37 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
kireblue wrote:
Then I would prefer to make 3 new videos, one for master and two for pro :P
trolololololol

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Then I would prefer to make 3 new videos, one for master and two for pro :P
Hmm. I wouldn't be opposed to raising the Pro limit to 3, if I didn't think we'd get a lot of trollololol videos and inside jokes with that third entry. While I, personally, don't mind this in the least (thus Expo having no limit on the number of videos) asking everyone to download, distribute and watch 1 more entry from everyone might just get me lynched.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Oh, and everyone? We've got this other fantastic contest called Expo! You could always send some love its way, too.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 pm

I personally think it just degrades the challenge to "oh I didn't win masters? I'll take my consolation prize (if they so happen to win a category in Pro)"...and makes it feel like a "add-on" to Pro rather than being Masters...if it has to be that way you should make it fun and do something like...e-mail the top 5, and give them to option to choose to possibly win masters or something in pro...so if they choose masters they aren't eligible for Pro finals.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:I personally think it just degrades the challenge to "oh I didn't win masters? I'll take my consolation prize (if they so happen to win a category in Pro)"...and makes it feel like a "add-on" to Pro rather than being Masters...if it has to be that way you should make it fun and do something like...e-mail the top 5, and give them to option to choose to possibly win masters or something in pro...so if they choose masters they aren't eligible for Pro finals.
Damn, really? Sounds half-empty when you say it that way. I thought of it more as "Wow, I got Best "Nice" in Pro but hey, I got this real fly jacket too!"

...I liked your video... it was... nice.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 pm

jingoro wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:I personally think it just degrades the challenge to "oh I didn't win masters? I'll take my consolation prize (if they so happen to win a category in Pro)"...and makes it feel like a "add-on" to Pro rather than being Masters...if it has to be that way you should make it fun and do something like...e-mail the top 5, and give them to option to choose to possibly win masters or something in pro...so if they choose masters they aren't eligible for Pro finals.
Damn, really? Sounds half-empty when you say it that way. I thought of it more as "Wow, I got Best "Nice" in Pro but hey, I got this real fly jacket too!"

...I liked your video... it was... nice.
Haha...sorry, I can be a bit blunt at times. Obviously it's still an honor to be chosen by your peers to win, and masters is an honor to win too, I just personally prefer them as separate challenges.

Thanks...

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm

so can you still choose to submit a video to masters strictly? i think i may be getting confused cuz i'm kinda new to this contest and haven't gotten the logistics of it down yet. :oops:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Rider4Z wrote:so can you still choose to submit a video to masters strictly? i think i may be getting confused cuz i'm kinda new to this contest and haven't gotten the logistics of it down yet. :oops:
basically, there will no longer be a submission process for Masters. Also, Pro will be an exclusive content contest. And lastly, the winner of Masters will be whatever video that jingoro likes the best out of the pro submissions.

Return to “AMV Contests”