Aces & Idols

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MadScientist
Org Profile

Aces & Idols

Post by MadScientist » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:42 pm

I am finally getting around to posting this...
This was my entry this year at the NDK AMV Contest. Many thanks to Radical Yue for the play at the AMV Showcase Spectacular Friday night panel. Somehow it became the sound test video too for the rest of the panels that weekend, LOL.

Anyway, this is for those of you who say I never post my videos. :P
You know who you are ;)

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Aces & Idols

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 am

Da phuq??

What kind of transitions were those?! *_* Whatever they were... they were awesome... and I want them *v*

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 am

Seeing this video on the big screen at NDK made this already amazing video even more epic.

Awesome job, dude! Can't wait to see what you have in store for your next amv! :up: :up:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 pm

This definitely should've been in the contest. My crappy Paprika video didn't diverse to be there when this video had to be left out. Good work and I look forward to next year's video :P

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:What kind of transitions were those?! *_* Whatever they were... they were awesome... and I want them *v*
x2

It was pretty cool. All the motion seemed quite seamless. I did have some problems associating the video with the audio though as the video was awfully fast for this pretty calm song.

MadScientist
Org Profile

Post by MadScientist » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 am

lloyd9988 wrote:Da phuq??

What kind of transitions were those?! *_* Whatever they were... they were awesome... and I want them *v*
Thanks! :)
macchinainterna wrote:Seeing this video on the big screen at NDK made this already amazing video even more epic.

Awesome job, dude! Can't wait to see what you have in store for your next amv! :up: :up:
Thanks man! Who knows, maybe I will go crazy and edit some more before next year :shock:
Pwolf wrote:This definitely should've been in the contest. My crappy Paprika video didn't diverse to be there when this video had to be left out. Good work and I look forward to next year's video :P
Thank you sir! Kind words Scott, but I liked your Paprika video. Similar music style too. I do agree with you that "I'm Only Getting Started" was the better video, but I still think that "In A Dream" was solid. Great use of lyric sync IMO. Anyway, maybe I will surprise everyone and enter more than one next year, hehe. The editing inspiration bug hasn't worn off yet from the con, so that may be a good sign. :lol:
Emong wrote: It was pretty cool. All the motion seemed quite seamless. I did have some problems associating the video with the audio though as the video was awfully fast for this pretty calm song.
Actually the further I got along during the editing process I really felt like the video pacing was actually dragging the overall pacing of the video down. That's why I kind of sped up the pacing in that regard. Maybe its because I have listened to that song now 10,000 times, but I notice a lot of elements within the beat and music (especially the driving bassline), lending to a more subtle quicker rhythm. I suppose I should have relied a bit more on internal sync on the shots maybe to balance it, but in the end I am happy with the result for the most part. Thanks for the feedback though!

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:41 am

Solid editing but with that slow song half of the scenes are way to fast. The white effects don't really fit the mostly dark footage and you switch randomly between day an night, space and spacestation, song and fights. The AMV creates a good mood but its mainly due to the song. I'm sorry if that sounded mean. I had no problems watching it all the way through and for the most part enjoyed it. But that may also be because i edited with the same footage recently and basically know what you were dealing with.

Anyway like your editing but the choice of footage and effects didn't work for me. Keep it up!
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”