[AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Sephiroth » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:48 am

User avatar
Sephiroth
 
Joined: 19 Dec 2000
Location: California

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Athena » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:07 am

New sephiroth video??? DO WANT!!! *downloads for old school justice*

EDIT: Loved it. Classic Noir video, and your win shows there is a still a market for this type of editing, which makes me very happy indeed. I was a bit confused by the 16:10 ratio and the letterboxing. Is Noir natively 16:10?
Image
User avatar
Athena
I ♥ the 80's
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2001
Location: Japan
Status: Sad Girl on Mac

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Kisagi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:52 am

Yes such a classic, you did a very nice job on this.
Image
User avatar
Kisagi
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Location: California, United States
Status: Back working with art

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Sephiroth » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 am

The DVDs from ADV are widescreen 720x480.
Kionon wrote: I was a bit confused by the 16:10 ratio and the letterboxing. Is Noir natively 16:10?
User avatar
Sephiroth
 
Joined: 19 Dec 2000
Location: California

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Athena » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 am

So basically- it actually *is* 16:10? How odd.
Image
User avatar
Athena
I ♥ the 80's
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2001
Location: Japan
Status: Sad Girl on Mac

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Kevmaster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 am

I Blame Coco and Noir! Lovely sources. This was a very well done simplistic video all about emotion. I enjoyed this!
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
 
Joined: 28 May 2006

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Toxical » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks for the amazing work.

You could improve in the artwork - pictures/photography. But in all honesty the music is amazing!

Truly touching! <3
~Sergio AKA Toxical.
User avatar
Toxical
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Status: I wouldn't know how to answer that.

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Athena » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Toxical, can you explain what you mean by "improve in the artwork - pictures/photgraphy?"
Image
User avatar
Athena
I ♥ the 80's
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2001
Location: Japan
Status: Sad Girl on Mac

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Toxical » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Kionon wrote:Toxical, can you explain what you mean by "improve in the artwork - pictures/photgraphy?"


Colors. That is the only thing that is missing, an improvement on the colors =)

Maybe it is because the Anime is older... But still there should be more parts like 00:13 (the color effect)
~Sergio AKA Toxical.
User avatar
Toxical
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Status: I wouldn't know how to answer that.

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Athena » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:00 pm

I don't have the video on this computer (I'm at work), but I don't remember any color effects, and I'm not sure I'd want to see them. I think one of the hypercorrections at work in AMVs is trying to "improve" older anime (especially in terms of sharpness or color) which simply over saturates the footage. Such saturation would be at odds not only with the vintage of the anime itself, but also with Sephiroth's general classic style.

tl;dr, without looking at 00:13, and based solely on my own recollections of viewings last night, I don't agree with you.
Image
User avatar
Athena
I ♥ the 80's
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2001
Location: Japan
Status: Sad Girl on Mac

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby machina21 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:13 am

*virtual high five*
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."
User avatar
machina21
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Status: Searching for Mercy Street

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Toxical » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:23 am

Kionon wrote:I don't have the video on this computer (I'm at work), but I don't remember any color effects, and I'm not sure I'd want to see them. I think one of the hypercorrections at work in AMVs is trying to "improve" older anime (especially in terms of sharpness or color) which simply over saturates the footage. Such saturation would be at odds not only with the vintage of the anime itself, but also with Sephiroth's general classic style.

tl;dr, without looking at 00:13, and based solely on my own recollections of viewings last night, I don't agree with you.



Allright, it is just my opinion thou. You might be just right, but I do belive that if you added some color effects (like Umika did in "Our Tapes") the final piece would look a lot better.

Still, 5 out of 5.
~Sergio AKA Toxical.
User avatar
Toxical
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Status: I wouldn't know how to answer that.

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Athena » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:24 am

Toxical,

There is no color effect at 00:13. There is a reflection of the sunset in the school classroom window, but that's in the original footage. Sephiroth didn't add that. "Our Tapes" is a crossover composite. It is an entirely different type of editing style. The comparison is apples and oranges. If you did add such effects, it wouldn't be "old school" anymore. And I think the usage of "better" or "improvement" is slippery here.

I think what you mean to say is that you are perhaps not as interested in the old school style, and that means a more modern editing style with the same footage and concept might have been more your taste. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it isn't as quantifiable as you originally made it sound.
Image
User avatar
Athena
I ♥ the 80's
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2001
Location: Japan
Status: Sad Girl on Mac

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Toxical » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 am

Kionon wrote:Toxical,

There is no color effect at 00:13. There is a reflection of the sunset in the school classroom window, but that's in the original footage. Sephiroth didn't add that. "Our Tapes" is a crossover composite. It is an entirely different type of editing style. The comparison is apples and oranges. If you did add such effects, it wouldn't be "old school" anymore. And I think the usage of "better" or "improvement" is slippery here.

I think what you mean to say is that you are perhaps not as interested in the old school style, and that means a more modern editing style with the same footage and concept might have been more your taste. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it isn't as quantifiable as you originally made it sound.


YES, that is what I ment! Sorry about being so slippery :sweat:

Still, @00:13 I tryed to say that there was different colors. Well... Sorry about that >.<
~Sergio AKA Toxical.
User avatar
Toxical
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Status: I wouldn't know how to answer that.

Re: [AWA Pro Best Yuri] Summer Rain

Postby Athena » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:46 am

All right, that makes a lot more sense. When you previously used the word "improvement," that implied quantifiable technical improvement. That's why I had to inquire further, because aside from the oddness of the aspect ratio (which Sephiroth has shown to be the correct AR for Noir), I didn't see anything that could be improved technically, and the style is one I absolutely love.

You're absolutely allowed to express the opinion that the style didn't work for you. Which is a shame, because my opinion is that Sephiroth (and Moon Goddess?) nailed it. Or, to put it another way:

Image
Image
User avatar
Athena
I ♥ the 80's
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2001
Location: Japan
Status: Sad Girl on Mac

Next

Return to AMV Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pan_dbgt01 and 4 guests