The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Pwolf » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:30 am

I dragged my self into a political discussion because I thought the person I was talking to wanted to actually have a somewhat intelligent conversation about my political views and how people should do more research and such... turns out person is a quack and is advocating people research and get facts while spouting the same BS they are arguing against.

Sorry, not playing that game. Goodbye.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Getting really annoyed at the pot and pan detergent and sanitzer solution at work. It keeps making my forearms break out in itchy bumps all over. I wear dishwashing gloves whenever I have to touch it, and I try to rinse my arms/hands after the fact, but the damn stuff persists. I know I could take an allergy medicine to help with the symptoms, but I'm not going to waste money taking meds continuously (and I doubt that's really healthy, either). It got doubly annoying today when I woke up and realized that there are a few itchy bumps on my neck and on the backs of my ears.

Sheesh, as if I didn't have enough reasons to hate this job. We're always shorthanded, and yesterday, we had five people for the whole day. We're supposed to have at least six of us just in the morning - and there's supposedly nothing that management can do about it, because they claim that they get the schedules sent down to them from corporate, and all they can do is fill it.

Ugh.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Sheesh, as if I didn't have enough reasons to hate this job. We're always shorthanded, and yesterday, we had five people for the whole day. We're supposed to have at least six of us just in the morning - and there's supposedly nothing that management can do about it, because they claim that they get the schedules sent down to them from corporate, and all they can do is fill it.
At my work, this last Sunday was a holiday of sorts. We open at 6 am on Sunday. On typical breakfasts, we do $3500 with 5 people. That Sunday we did $4500 with 3 people.

Everyone knew ahead of time that we were going to be extra busy, and those of us who knew had talked to management about it. What bugs me is that we have the ability to adjust the schedule, and we knew ahead of time... but, for whatever reason, we didn't prepare for it. And it's pretty common.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:13 am

Con plague is in full swing...back of my throat is really raw...hope it's not strep :|

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 pm

EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm like "Fuck yeah! Let's do this! There is a major que of calls and I'm just going to dive in and clear things out so I can get some awesome stats! No after call work for me!"
I get some insane call where it's either a complicated mess and the customer is pissed or it's an incredibly nice person I REALLY want to help but can't. Then I need a minute to chill and clear my mind, all while my stats go to hell.

I want to go home and play Borderlands 2 with people. I'm so over today and I've only been here for 3 hours... 7 more to go :/

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:58 pm

I have a porcupine in my throat.

Well, maybe it's more like a bee's nest. A bee's nest coated in hydrochloric acid.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm

"Kio-sensei, your sentences are too difficult for the students. The content isn't important, the grammar point is. You need to make them easier."

A) easier is incredibly boring
B) stop saying X and Y are too difficult. You are mollycoddling the students, and you wonder why 99% of them will never been able to use English in any real conversation. If you do not challenge them to actually interface with greater complexity they will always be stuck at, "Hello, my name is" "how are you" and "it's sunny!"

Stop teaching English like a dead language >_<
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:I have a porcupine in my throat.

Well, maybe it's more like a bee's nest. A bee's nest coated in hydrochloric acid.
I think you need a dose of Borderlands 2

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 am

Welp, pretty sure I just lost significant chunks of my supposed to be submitted to contests in 15 hours video. Yay harddrive failure. Yay forgetting to back up because of being in a hurry.

So much for coming out of retirement.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 am

Pwolf wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:I have a porcupine in my throat.
I think you need a dose of Borderlands 2
Well prescribed, doctor!
Kionon wrote:Stop teaching English like a dead language >_<
Teach it like mallard ducks.

Return to “General Discussion”