POKEMON

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: POKEMON

Postby mirkosp » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:06 am

>Baton Pass
>No substitute

He asked for it.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Jadecavy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 am

He was using both of the clamperl evolutions, only move I saw off either was baton pass and shell smash. He'd shell smash like he was expecting me to do nothing. I need to throw an electric attack on something, I have trouble with waters that have any amount of special attack, which makes rain teams a bitch. Wish I had room on reunculus.

Also, it's nuzlocke, so I know I'm not supposed to catch stuff that I didn't see first on the route, but I had to. I won't use it. D:
Jadecavy

Postby Jadecavy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:54 am

So BW2 comes out in a week, what're you doing to prepare? I'm trying to familiarize myself with some stuff, getting ready for the new stuff BW2 will bring to doubles.

I'm really just playing random battles. And holy shit do they get the adrenaline pumping.
Jadecavy

Postby Radical_Yue » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:21 am

Trying out the Pokemon MMO (when my work connection isn't going in and out x_X) and it's pretty fun. It's just basically Fire Red with tons of other people but I'm enjoying it.

http://pokemmo.eu/
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Soooooon. :3

Cannot wait till the game comes out. :)

In celebration, I present you the horror of pokemon.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Jadecavy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Wild azurill with huge power... wild riolu... I'm having trouble holding all this awesome.
Jadecavy

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm

I've had great success thus far in BW2.

My first playthrough team (White 2) for just plain fun/exploration and just a few general thoughts. Just finished the elite four/champion last night and it was exciting! Black 2 will be my serious 100% pokedex playthrough.

Spoiler :
The main game was faaaabulous. The end game stuff with team plasma was FAAAAUBULOUS. So immersive and really intense! It's been a while since we've actually had a legitamite Crazy villian. The bit with N at the end was also fantastic!

My team:

Rosa the Lilligant (Shiny) (Yes! I actually caught a shiny! I'll take a pic later, because she's so pretty!) Sadly, she did not serve much purpose except in caves. :(

Lancelot the Cobalion : SO handy. Basically sweeps through Colress's team with Sacred Sword

Aeon the Vaporeon: This was a out of the blue decision for me. Vaporeon has always been a favorite pokemon of mine, but I never expected to even use an eeveelution in this playthrough.

Mags the Magnezone : Such a beast in this game. TWave and Electro Ball serve me well until I get discharge late game. Due to the large amounts of poison types in the game, its steel typing also made for a great experience.

Ace the Unfezeant : FLY AND HEALING SLAVE YAY.

Pat the Patrat: CUT AND HEALING SLAVE YAYZORZ.

So much fun. <3
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Jadecavy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

CodeZTM wrote:I've had great success thus far in BW2.

My first playthrough team (White 2) for just plain fun/exploration and just a few general thoughts. Just finished the elite four/champion last night and it was exciting! Black 2 will be my serious 100% pokedex playthrough.

Spoiler :
The main game was faaaabulous. The end game stuff with team plasma was FAAAAUBULOUS. So immersive and really intense! It's been a while since we've actually had a legitamite Crazy villian. The bit with N at the end was also fantastic!

My team:

Rosa the Lilligant (Shiny) (Yes! I actually caught a shiny! I'll take a pic later, because she's so pretty!) Sadly, she did not serve much purpose except in caves. :(

Lancelot the Cobalion : SO handy. Basically sweeps through Colress's team with Sacred Sword

Aeon the Vaporeon: This was a out of the blue decision for me. Vaporeon has always been a favorite pokemon of mine, but I never expected to even use an eeveelution in this playthrough.

Mags the Magnezone : Such a beast in this game. TWave and Electro Ball serve me well until I get discharge late game. Due to the large amounts of poison types in the game, its steel typing also made for a great experience.

Ace the Unfezeant : FLY AND HEALING SLAVE YAY.

Pat the Patrat: CUT AND HEALING SLAVE YAYZORZ.

So much fun. <3

You lucky bastard. D: If it wasn't for thanksgiving weekend, I'd have beaten the elite four by now.
Jadecavy

Postby mirkosp » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:36 am

CodeZTM wrote:
Spoiler :

I JELLY. REAL JELLY.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Athena » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:28 am

Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby LopezAMV » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:19 am

Anyone need Pokerus?

I was lucky enough to get it from a wild Litwick on my first Black playthrough. I realize it's not as hard to get anymore cause of the global trade system but it doesn't hurt to ask :P.
LopezAMV

Postby mirkosp » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm fine, I randomly got it myself in Black way back, too.

Back to B2W2, though, Skill Link Cinccino is a boss.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby mirkosp » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 am

Just finished Black 2 (basically started it 2 days ago). Wanted to reach the postgame as quickly as possible, so I rushed the story as much as I could (I did not skip reading the text though); ended up with a team of just 4 mons, slightly underleveled too, and abused hax a bit too much (but hax is part of the game, and I've had Minimize spammed on me, so it evens out). On the other hand, I EV trained them in my Black copy, because that helps a lot. Since I predicted I would be around level 50 for the league, I used lvl 50 math for EV training (plus I'm going to do doubles with some friends using our ingame teams for fun, and those are gonna be at 50).
E4 Team under spoiler:
Spoiler :
Tapioca (Swanna)@Razor Fang
Keen Eye
Quiet 28/20/9/18/10/16
EVs: 8 HP / 6 Def / 248 SAtk / 248 Spd
Fly
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power (Fighting 60)

I put the razor fang after the elite four and before the champion in the event ice beam would not be enough on its own, but it was superfluous (and I didn't get any crits anyway). Swanna is generally left as a HM slave, but I ended up using it quite a lot in battles throughout the game, it's a chill bro. Hidden Power Fighting was a lucky thing to come across, and 60 is good enough to be usable, so it helped me earlier on, before Druddigon got Superpower (which was in Victory Road). I'll prolly get tailwind back in that spot now. Ice Beam from the Black cartidge because I needed it.

Frattaglia (Druddigon)@Quick Claw
Mold Breaker (DW)
Lonely 10/3/29/12/23/7
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def / 4 SDef
Bulldoze
Dragon Claw
Superpower
Sucker Punch

I got to the Dream World as soon as I could, because I knew if I had luck I could get one of my bros to tag along. Chances were with me as I was able to get a Sucker Punch Druddigon, and he stuck with me for the whole time. Dude's slow, and since Trick Room wasn't a viable option ingame, I had to resort to Quick Claw+Bulldoze speed drops (scary face was of help in early game). And man, that quick claw was vital at times. Sucker Punch was of HUGE help, especially at the league. Swanna's Ice Beam doesn't OHKO Haxorus (even if it crits there's the focus sash). I could bring Haxorus at red, but by then he was DDanced, and then swanna was quickly disposed of ─ Druddigon was the only dude left, so having a priority there granted me the match (without need to rely on quick claw hax, which didn't activate).

Swiffer (Cinccino)@King's Rock
Skill Link (DW)
Jolly 21/20/2/12/0/12
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Atk / 10 Def / 248 Spd
Tail Slap
Bullet Seed
Rock Blast
Encore

My god, what a beast. MVP for most the time. 50% flinch rate was too good to pass on, so I had to stuck a King's Rock (5 Pickup Lillipups in team until I found it, it didn't take as long as I thought it would) on him, and damn if it worked well. I lucked out a LOT and was able to catch it jolly, and the IVs were decent enough for ingame purposes. Coupled with the EVs, I was able to outspeed pretty much anything I encountered, and when it wasn't a OHKO, I often got the flinch. Coverage is decent, and for the pesky steel types I had Druddigon and Swanna. Encore is pretty situational, but predicting the CPU is easy, so it works well. It was especially useful against Shauntal: lead with druddigon, switch in on the obvious shadow ball, encore, X Attack, sweep. Hadn't it been for gen V 3 turn nerf, I'd have abused it to deal with Iris's Hydreigon too, but Swanna was able to handle a charge beam, if just barely, so it was fine.

Bipolare (Magnezone)@No Item
Sturdy
Quirky 2/8/17/12/5/8
EVs: 248 HP / 14 Def / 248 SAtk
Thunder Wave
Flash Cannon
Thunderbolt
Lock-On

Fourth slot filled during the E4 (I had SonicBoom up till then, mind you... it was mostly filler anyway, and SonicBoom is nice to help out catching pokés without false swipe). Otherwise pretty straightforward and I've seen it commonly used in B2W2 runs too, so yeah, not much to say.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 am

Finally conquered the Subway in Black. Now I'm only three pokemon away from the final trainer star, one of which (Registeel) I just need to transfer from Platinum.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 am

Playing it at work as a way to pass the time and I'm really enjoying it so far. I love the fact that you can catch older Pokemon right off the bat (Mareep, Riolu, and Growlithe on mah team <3) and since I just like to play with Pokemon I enjoy as opposed to all that crazy EV training, I'm having an awesome time.

Rival isn't a total douche, but he's still just kind of ok. Totally in the process of abusing the double battles w/healing in the sewer currently to level my mons a bit before the next gym battle.

The game is still kind of hand-holdy but doesn't feel as bad as B/W. I was actually getting really annoyed playing Black when they were like...
Every damn NPC in town = "THE GYM LEADER USES ELECTRIC BUT I HEAR GROUND CAN DEFEATz IT."
*runs around in the wild outside of the town to find just about nothing but ground pokemanz*
Me = "Geee....subtle..."

Overall I give it a :up: so far.
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion