The Vent Thread

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:39 am

Jadecavy wrote:As I said, it's not like I drop it, or throw it around, or treat it badly in any way. It's just use and design, they fixed it with the 3DSs, but the DSLs were prone to break because of the extremely thin piece on the right. Pokemon also puts a LOT of wear on them.

Heh, I wish it were my Lite. I'm talking about my Dasixl. I have no idea what even happened to it today (no drops or anything like that). The hinge worked fine when I first pulled it out, but a couple hours later, part of the plastic near the indicator lights cracked and now it doesn't stay open.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 am

weird... and yeah i have several pokemon games as well so i know the hours ive put into pokemon :P I've only got the 3DS last christmas, but I still use the lite so I can transfer pokemon to my black game O:
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 am

Kitsuner wrote:
Jadecavy wrote:As I said, it's not like I drop it, or throw it around, or treat it badly in any way. It's just use and design, they fixed it with the 3DSs, but the DSLs were prone to break because of the extremely thin piece on the right. Pokemon also puts a LOT of wear on them.

Heh, I wish it were my Lite. I'm talking about my Dasixl. I have no idea what even happened to it today (no drops or anything like that). The hinge worked fine when I first pulled it out, but a couple hours later, part of the plastic near the indicator lights cracked and now it doesn't stay open.

How do you store it when you're on the go? I've broken a number of electronics (including a gameboy color) by putting them in a pocket and not realizing the stresses pants put on the case when you move around or sit down.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:16 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:
Jadecavy wrote:As I said, it's not like I drop it, or throw it around, or treat it badly in any way. It's just use and design, they fixed it with the 3DSs, but the DSLs were prone to break because of the extremely thin piece on the right. Pokemon also puts a LOT of wear on them.

Heh, I wish it were my Lite. I'm talking about my Dasixl. I have no idea what even happened to it today (no drops or anything like that). The hinge worked fine when I first pulled it out, but a couple hours later, part of the plastic near the indicator lights cracked and now it doesn't stay open.

How do you store it when you're on the go? I've broken a number of electronics (including a gameboy color) by putting them in a pocket and not realizing the stresses pants put on the case when you move around or sit down.

That's probably what did it. I had it in my pocket for a good while yesterday.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Jadecavy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:56 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:
Jadecavy wrote:As I said, it's not like I drop it, or throw it around, or treat it badly in any way. It's just use and design, they fixed it with the 3DSs, but the DSLs were prone to break because of the extremely thin piece on the right. Pokemon also puts a LOT of wear on them.

Heh, I wish it were my Lite. I'm talking about my Dasixl. I have no idea what even happened to it today (no drops or anything like that). The hinge worked fine when I first pulled it out, but a couple hours later, part of the plastic near the indicator lights cracked and now it doesn't stay open.

How do you store it when you're on the go? I've broken a number of electronics (including a gameboy color) by putting them in a pocket and not realizing the stresses pants put on the case when you move around or sit down.

The worst part about mine is that I hadn't had it out, I'd been using it while I was at the computer and it hadn't moved from there for four months in the summer.
User avatar
Jadecavy
 
Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby TritioAFB » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Expecting the end of these next 2 weeks. I really need to return back to my sections
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Pwolf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Computer is having issues (AKA, didn't boot up this morning -_-). After fixing computers all day/week/year/decade I really hate it when my computer at home has problems.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
 
Joined: 03 May 2001
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby 8bit_samurai » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Been snowing off and on for over a week, which is a month earlier than usual. Not really surprised, as this summer was had more storms than usual. Not really looking forward to winter this year.
Under Construction
User avatar
8bit_samurai
Hmm...
 
Joined: 17 May 2006
Location: Alaska

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Pwolf wrote:Computer is having issues (AKA, didn't boot up this morning -_-). After fixing computers all day/week/year/decade I really hate it when my computer at home has problems.

I'm blessed. I haven't had a computer problem in 6-7 years, except when I tried to put one together and something was wrong with either the processor, mobo, PSU, or RAM (different problems at various times in the process). My family, however, has had plenty of problems for me to fix.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
User avatar
Flint the Dwarf
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2002
Location: Ashland, WI

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Castor Troy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:33 am

Got hit with the recent Ebay Shipping Label Fraud this morning where someone used my ebay account to print out $500+ of shipping labels. :x :x :x :x :x :x :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I called ebay, paypal, and my bank and they said it would take a few days to fix everything.

Right now, I have no money to pay my bills until this shit is all fixed. :down: :down: :down:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2001
Location: California
Status: Retired from AMVs

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:19 pm

So dieting alone isn't working to fix my health issues, so I joined a gym today in order to get proper equipment to begin excercising. Even though it's 24 hours and I'm going late at night when nobody's there, I'm already feeling some social anxiety of actually meeting someone while I'm working out. :uhoh:
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Mkid » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:33 pm

CodeZTM wrote:So dieting alone isn't working to fix my health issues, so I joined a gym today in order to get proper equipment to begin excercising. Even though it's 24 hours and I'm going late at night when nobody's there, I'm already feeling some social anxiety of actually meeting someone while I'm working out. :uhoh:


Dont worry about it man. Nobody cares what you are doing in the gym. and if they do they arent 100% focus on what theyre doing and hindering themselves from gettign a good work. but i can understand the anxiety. You should get a friend to go with you! :bear:
Image
User avatar
Mkid
Im on the case
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Location: A Farm in New York
Status: No more mutants.

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 pm

CodeZTM wrote:So dieting alone isn't working to fix my health issues, so I joined a gym today in order to get proper equipment to begin excercising. Even though it's 24 hours and I'm going late at night when nobody's there, I'm already feeling some social anxiety of actually meeting someone while I'm working out. :uhoh:

That's how I started when I first began exercising. It was at a 24/7 gym, and I was working weird hours, so I'd go when I knew few people would be around. I wasn't too nervous, I just don't like being observed. Eventually the workouts became so normal and oriented that I barely noticed other people. Now I can pretty much work out at any gym at any time and I'll be fine.

But I also find it's easier to go alone than to bring a friend. I'm strangely private in some things, and am usually more comfortable around strangers than friends and family.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
User avatar
Flint the Dwarf
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2002
Location: Ashland, WI

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby Fire_Starter » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Mitt Romney wrote:If it means we have to go into a mosque to wiretap or a church, then that's exactly where we are gonna go, because we are going to do whatever it takes to protect the American people. And I hear from time to time people say, "Hey, wait a sec, we have civil liberties to worry about." But don't forget...the most important civil liberty I expect from my government is my right to be kept alive.

Quite possibly one of the most mind-numbingly stupid things I've heard in a long time. Every bit as stupid as "you didn't build that" or screwing up how many states the country has. To which I reply with...
Ben Franklin wrote:They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.


*sigh*

Even more proof that no matter who wins in November, we're all royally screwed... :cry:
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010
User avatar
Fire_Starter
 
Joined: 26 Mar 2004
Status: Dictator Emeritus: Samarui Warrierz Prodstudios

Re: The Vent Thread

Postby double v » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm

what can we do beside just taking it like mans...

i never complain...but i do protest...
i never snitch...but i do denounce...
i never point my finger...but i do determine guilt...
i don't care...but i am not indifferent...
i am but a man...but i am not alone...

so on and so forth...
Image
only one way...
User avatar
double v
 
Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Location: somewhere on earth...
Status: alive and kicking...

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron