RPG MEP - Tracks 7/8 Taken. Beta Deadline: March 30

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: RPG MEP - Interest Gauge

Post by AimoAio » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:09 am

It's kinda like static hiccups? The one at 4:23 is much more noticeable than the one at 4:18. In my vegas editor, the glitch looks like a block of colour (it's more noticeable when you zoom right into the audio peaks) and is located between 4:17:17 and 4:17:18. The second louder glitch is a bigger block of colour between 4:21:16 and 4:21:18. It's not really a big issue though so I can always just get a copy of the full soundtrack and patch those sections over on my end when I'm editing. I just don't know if you want to fix it on your side for the final mix to be used when compiling the MEP.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 am

AimoAio wrote:It's kinda like static hiccups? The one at 4:23 is much more noticeable than the one at 4:18. In my vegas editor, the glitch looks like a block of colour (it's more noticeable when you zoom right into the audio peaks) and is located between 4:17:17 and 4:17:18. The second louder glitch is a bigger block of colour between 4:21:16 and 4:21:18. It's not really a big issue though so I can always just get a copy of the full soundtrack and patch those sections over on my end when I'm editing. I just don't know if you want to fix it on your side for the final mix to be used when compiling the MEP.
I think it's a result of Chosen cutting the tracks again. I've looked at the peaks as well. And I still don't see or hear a problem. No one else has said anything though. And I don't hear anything like static.

Hmm. I'm at a loss. And the full version for download in the OP IS the final version. I can try another render to see if that fixes it, but I can't really fix what I can't hear or see.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:16 am

I actually hear the glitches as well. :T

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:29 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:I actually hear the glitches as well. :T
As I said. I can't fix what I can't hear or see.

Perhaps it's a result of Chosen Cutting the tracks. Are you eharing this in the full mix? Cause if you were to hold a gun to my head and tell me to find the errors, then I would die. Cause I can't see or hear them.

I'll try another render when I get hom efrom work tomorrow. But I can't make any promises. The tracks given me are unaltered except for transitioning purposes. I didn't up or down any decibals nor did I put any audio effects in.

I don't know what to say guys.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:03 am

I actually wouldn't mind editing with liberi fatali again using Fate Zero... Unfortunently though, I would have to find good looking raws online or something cause theres just no way in hell I'm willing to pay nearly 800$ for both bluray box sets... It's a shame because I would really like to own them in bluray but im not desperate or stupid... So I can't gaurentee anything yet but if no one fills the spot after a while and I'm able to get raws then I'll join up for it.

Here's the parody I made 3 years ago (Thought I'd obviously be alot different with fate zero, in fact I probably won't even parody it and just dramatic action style):

Like I said, if no one comes along to snag the track and I happen to get the raws for editing, then I'll let you know, I wish I could give you an answer now but I don't want to say I can't do it a couple weeks or a month down the road.

Edit: I just listened to my track and... ouch, mistake to play it somewhat loud... at the 0:07 marker there is a really loud scratch sound, the transition in the middle is kinda strange too but well... I would just be happy to get rid of the scratch. I doubt anyone would want it with that scratch sound.

Looks like their are some errors in the mix as a whole if some other people are pointing them out. I can provide liberi fatali in HQ format if needed but ya... there is definitely a problem in the songs or somewhere when it comes to formating/mixing/encoding.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:11 pm

I did cut the tracks in premiere in .wav format, but I used the mix that was given to me.

Maybe I should upload the exact mix that was given to me and let you guys see if it still has the glitch?

Cuz I hear the ones in Fury Sparks (somewhat) but not the other ones.

And sorry about so much trouble, TC. I did look through my cuts over and over again and I didn't change a thing, I just exported in .wavs with the timeline export and then exported the entire thing in HQ .mp3.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:29 pm

If it ends up bugging people I can try and overlay the original songs over the glitches to cover them. It's really not a huge deal but obviously a few people are gonna notice too ^^;

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:49 am

Kazemon15 wrote:I did cut the tracks in premiere in .wav format, but I used the mix that was given to me.

Maybe I should upload the exact mix that was given to me and let you guys see if it still has the glitch?

Cuz I hear the ones in Fury Sparks (somewhat) but not the other ones.

And sorry about so much trouble, TC. I did look through my cuts over and over again and I didn't change a thing, I just exported in .wavs with the timeline export and then exported the entire thing in HQ .mp3.
Well, I did encode at a 88,000 Bitrate. Did you render to match that? If not, then that could be the source of the errors. Cuz I hear no errors in my mix.

Hear is the final version I sent to Chosen:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d9zw7q

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:50 am

Well TC's download is fine, just checked it. However there are format differences between his download and atleast my track that I downloaded.

TC's download:
Codec: PCM S24 LE
Sample Rate: 88200hz
BPS: 24

Track download:
Codec: PCM S16 LE
Sample Rate: 48000
BPS: 16

I would try to keep stuff uniform to avoid possible errors. Whoever cut the tracks should play the full mix from their timeline to make sure that it isn't conforming any errors and that it actually is happening from the rerendering of the audio into seperate tracks.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm

:sweat: I guess this is what happens when hard of hearing people try to cut mixes...

How can I fix this?

I've never cut audio for tracks before...

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”