Fall anime 2012 [Real Deal] [Now with chart]

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Fall anime 2012 [Real Deal] [Now with chart]

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Also, Magi is from the same studio that did Sword Art Online, Kannagi, and Ano Hana, so expect some epic animation! O:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Aww I'm happy to see some of my favourite shojos getting more anime love! <3 Sukitte is pretty cute and while I'm sad they're not on the fall list, I really can't wait for Karneval and Kamisama Hajimemashita! So I'm hoping they'll both appear in the winter list. :3 Along with Chihayafuru II.

I'll also be watching K, because hello bishies! :mrgreen: Code:Breaker, because I've been reading the manga and it's pretty interesting so far and Robotics;Notes because I loved Steins;Gate. The style of Zetsuen reminds me of Vampire Knight strangely...so I might have a look and see what it's about. I'd watch Bakuman too but I haven't watched S2 yet. XD I'm also quite curious about Psycho-Pass but there's not much info on it yet....

I think I'm interested in more series than I initially thought I would be.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Okay, now that I've had a chance to actually look over this...

Robotics;Notes
That other Noitamina show
Jormungand S2 - Hells yes moar Koko
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure - what?! really?! YES.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Until the list get properly filled in more, just Zetsuen no Temptest and maybe Kyousogiga for me for now. I'll work on all the Bakuman series eventually.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:43 pm

only recognize a couple of the series, some of them look interested. And, God help us, to love ru darkness, another one in the long list of recent bare boob series.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:08 pm

My watch list has gone from 5 to 12 just for this season.

SO PUMPED.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:08 am

Not going to list sequels and kid shows...

Shin Sekai Yori: has an interesting setting, but I am doubtful on how they're gonna use it. Still hopeful for it, though. Will watch.
Litchi De Hikari Club: I see potential. Will watch.
Kami-sama Hajimemashita: it looks like one of those shows that might have a nice episode or three but the rest is just like whatever and the ending is lame. Might watch, but not very hopeful.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: assuming they manage to keep content interesting for the whole show, it's going to be fun. But the same reasoning as Kami-sama Hajimemashjita applies. Brain's Base is on it, and they also have Ixion Saga this fall... I wonder if they have the staff to pull them off. Might watch, somewhat hopeful, not really much.
Wooser no Sono Higurashi: looks like it could be a funny 5 minutes per week thing... not sure if it's gonna work, but they're short episodes, might as well give it a try for a few eps. Will watch, but drop is likely.
Btooom!: Madhouse doing a Battle Royale ripoff? Technicals are likely going to be nice, but I'm not exactly interested in the show itself. Might watch for the sakuga.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: shiny graphics for a bad plot. KyoAni, please, quit wasting budget... Might watch for the sakuga.
Busou Shinki: 8bit is trying to make a new IS since the first one sold well, right? Except I doubt it'll work out (plus I wasn't exactly fond of IS, but it was good for what it was). Might watch based on others' feedback on it.
K: too many bishies, this is targeted to fujoshi, not my thing. But might watch for the sakuga.
OniAi: Silver Link, why do you have to join the imouto bandwagon? Dammit. But a friend of mine who follows the novel says it actually is fun. I don't know... Might watch for a few eps and drop if it's nothing new.
Zetsuen no Tempest: never been much into Bones' stuff. I can't seem to enjoy most their production, bar such outliers as Ouran, and this looks like their average show. Also dem Bones endings. Won't watch.
Haitai Nanafa: pedo show of the season? Won't watch, but I'm interested in the feedback of a certain person I know for the lulz.
JoJo: ok, here's the problem. David Production is behind it. And this is supposed to go on for years, quite literally. I doubt they have the budget to consistently pull it off and the best thing they managed on their own is Level E. I honestly have very low hopes for this adaptation and am sorry for fans of the manga, but I doubt this is going to end well. They might be able to get one or maybe two cours right, though. Might watch, but I am very doubtful it's going to work out as it should.
Little Busters: I quite liked Kanon. Then Clannad was its carbon copy (except After Story which was forced drama at best). And this stinks like another cliché infested key adaptation, and I very much doubt it's going to tell anything new. To that we add it's by JCStaff, so not even KyoAni's technicals to "save" it. Will watch to hate on it.
Code: Breaker: Just not my kind of show. I'm glad for the fans of the manga, but I honestly don't care. Won't watch.
Magi: I honestly don't know. It could be awesome or suck. I've seen enthusiastic response from people who read the manga, but I wasn't interested so I haven't checked that out. Will watch and eventually drop if it's not my thing.
Suki-tte Ii na yo: meh... not the most interesting of the premises. Could be one of those shows that aren't good nor bad and are fine to watch in the spare time. Might watch, but low expectations.
Teekyuu: a story about four girls in a * club, but they don't really do said club's activities much. Wait, where have I seen that? Ah, right. Won't watch.
Aikatsu: Sunrise on an idols' show. Might watch for the sakuga.
Ixion Saga: plot doesn't intrigue me, plus it's Brain's Base when they already have Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun as well. Won't watch.
Girls und Panzer: not my thing. Might watch if half the people I know will force me to...
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo: looks like an average JCStaff show, except they already have Little Busters too and that's going to get most of their attention. Won't watch.
Psycho-pass: I think this is Production I.G. trying to cash in on Urobuchi's name after Madoka's success. Could be awesome or could be a fail. Plot sounds kinda like it was taken out of Bakuman. Will watch because the potential is there, but I have my doubts.
Robotics;Notes: people expecting a new Steins;Gate are in for a disappointment. Won't watch.

So 6 in the will watch, but realistically I'm actually looking forward to about half of those at the most.

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Anything that KyoAni picks up for an anime adaption literally turns to gold it seems :awesome: .............

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:25 pm

new list? wow some of the series switched around. I'm pretty interested in the 2nd season of Medaka box, the 1st one was a little meh, but the series starts to pick up after that so this next one should be good. sadly Kumogawa won't be in it just yet :(

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:30 am

First ep general impressions:

Shin Sekai Yori - Enjoyed the first episode so far, interesting setting, dark undertones.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - I lol'd. The main girl reminds me of Maka from Soul Eater in a way.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - I actually lol'd quite a bit at the first ep, I really hope this show goes somewhere.
K - Yeeeah, not my cup of tea. The other annoying thing, this whole show looks like an AMV. There are 4 color gradients and washes and bleach bypass on ALL OF IT. 3 ep rule.
Zetsuen no Tempest - Interesting setup, not really into the characters though...I'll give it the 3 ep rule.

Return to “General Anime”