RPG MEP - Tracks 7/8 Taken. Beta Deadline: March 30

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
ChosenExiled
Org Profile

RPG MEP - Tracks 7/8 Taken. Beta Deadline: March 30

Post by ChosenExiled » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Overview: An MEP dedicated to various RPG soundtracks due to the RPG drought for the past few years in North America.

Hello, this is my first MEP. I wanted to use the various great soundtracks that are found in RPGs to celebrate the start of the end of the drought that has been plaguing video game systems in NA. In this MEP, there are various soundtracks from famous and not so famous RPGs put together. Many thanks to TwilightChrono for making the mix.

Technical Aspects:

29.97 FPS
848x480

Coordinator: ChosenExiled
Co-Coordinator: Kazemon15

Anime from the year 2000 and up allowed, unless remastered BDs have came out. No hentai or horror anime allowed: This includes animes like Shiki, High School of the Dead, Another, ect. No CG anime either, like Advent Children, unless it is "Anime-like" like the .Hack//G.U. Trilogy movie.

If you're unsure of your anime choice, let me know. Only one anime per person, this includes even if the anime will be a in a mix of anime.

Before joining, please link a sample of your work.

Please be sure to leave 2 seconds before and after your tracks for transitional purposes.

Tracks: (Right click and save-as)

Full Mix

Track 1: .Hack/GU - The Whereabouts of Truth
Anime: Kamisama Dolls
User: Kazemon15

Track 2: The World Ends With You - Calling
Anime: Undecided
User: Inan

Track 3: Chrono Cross - Time's Scar
Anime: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
User: Eimij7

Track 4: Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel (Advent Children's Remix)
Anime: Slayers
User: blaksun

Track 5: Final Fantasy VIII - Liberi Fatali
Anime: Fate/Stay Zero
User: EvaFan

Track 6: Tales of the Abyss - Karma (Instrumental)
Anime:
User:

Track 7: Tales of Vesperia - Fury Sparks
Anime: Oda Nobuna
User: AimoAio

Track 8: Persona 3 - Battle Hymn of the Soul
Anime: Shonen Onmyouji
User: EimiJ7
Last edited by ChosenExiled on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:09 am, edited 13 times in total.

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Re: RPG MEP - Interest Gauge

Post by EimiJ7 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:54 pm

This is one of my videos as a sample. It's from a year ago, so feel free to look at more recent videos if you want to; I just thought the mood of this one was the closest of any my videos to the mood of the MEP.

If it's okay, I would like to do track 3 using Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Glad to see you got this started. But I really don't think asking people for samples of their work will help you in the long run. Not trying to be mean, just offering some advice.

The majority of people that frequent the forums here tend to be very good. But it's your MEP. I wish you luck. And I'm glad I could put the mix together for ya. :)

Come on guys. Show some interest :awesome:
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:34 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:Glad to see you got this started. But I really don't think asking people for samples of their work will help you in the long run. Not trying to be mean, just offering some advice.

The majority of people that frequent the forums here tend to be very good. But it's your MEP. I wish you luck. And I'm glad I could put the mix together for ya. :)

I wrote it for him, since he didn't know how. I just said that because he doesn't frequent the forums often and might want to see everyone's editing style before making a decision. ^^

And thanks for the mix!

And yay, Eimij7! Welcome aboard....now I just need to hack back into ChosenExiled's account and....er, I mean, tell him to add ya. =3

(Btw, loved that Tutu AMV of yours!)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:Glad to see you got this started. But I really don't think asking people for samples of their work will help you in the long run. Not trying to be mean, just offering some advice.

I wrote it for him, since he didn't know how. I just said that because he doesn't frequent the forums often and might want to see everyone's editing style before making a decision. ^^

And thanks for the mix!
Ahh. Ok. I already know if you're involved Kaz it's gonna be a well run MEP. Treat Chosen right. Show him the ropes. I sent him a PM a few days ago with some advice about coordinating. Ask him for it if you need to if he has any quesiton about it.

Glad I could put the Mix together. I couldnt use all the songs sent because it was absolutely impossible for some of the songs to be transitioned together. It just sounded way too nasty or just plain jarring. Being RPG soundtracks you should know what I'm referring to. Different instruments like bells, whistles symbols. Then trying to transition those to operamatic type tracks to technoey type tracks. So I really had to pick and choose.

Anywho, glad I could be of help.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:41 pm

YES. I love the idea. :)

If I can get in, I'd love track 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, I have the blu rays)0

ChosenExiled
Org Profile

Post by ChosenExiled » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:05 am

Yay, welcome to the MEP, Code! You sure you wanna join? I heard you joined lot of MEPs.

And I'm definitely interested to see how you're gonna use CCS for that rock instrumental part lol.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 am

Btw there's 2 glitches in the audio for track 7 (in both the full mix and the .wav at 0:40/4:18 and 0:43/4:21) but otherwise I'd be quite interested in taking this track. Uhh...as for anime...I have a couple floating about that might work but they're not very solid ideas yet so erm...if I get in put me down for Oda Nobuna. And is it okay if I use one or two scenes from another anime for transitions or is the one anime only rule solid?

Latest video: Latest proper AMV:

ChosenExiled
Org Profile

Post by ChosenExiled » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Okay, you're in. I'll reserved the track for you. I don't need to check out your works (but I'll watch it anyway) since I already seen and love your Tales AMV. Tales ROCK!

Thanks for pointing out the glitches. I PM'ed TC about it and hopefully, he'll fix it.

Edit: You can use different anime for transitions as long as you list what it is.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 pm

AimoAio wrote:Btw there's 2 glitches in the audio for track 7 (in both the full mix and the .wav at 0:40/4:18 and 0:43/4:21)
I've went over and over the mix. I even looked in the editor and I can't find any glitches. upon listening I don't hear anything.

Can you maybe describe what they sound like so that I can have some clue as to what I'm looking for?

But as far as my editor and listening skills go, I can't hear OR see any glitches. I each track AS it was sent to me. But if you can give me a clue as to what it may sound like or look like then I'll be happy to correct it if I find it.

I tend to be pretty good with my mixes and catching stuff, I just can't for the life of me find any of the glitches you are talking about.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”