What are you playing?

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby aesling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Torchlight 2 finally. I suppose it is still TECHNICALLY, Summer 2012, but c'mon guys, that was cutting it a little close.
aesling
Mad Scientist

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 am

So I've come to the conclusion that it's not the Alfheim portals in specific that I fail at, but more Bayonetta in general. I was able to do a few more of the portals after last bitching about it, but the game itself just kicks my ass. There's just no happy medium between Easy and Normal. It's either, "I can do this in my sleep," or "oh boy, how many Red Hot Shots did I use in this chapter?". I really do love the game, but gee golly whiz, do I ever suck at playing it.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:16 am

aesling wrote:Torchlight 2 finally. I suppose it is still TECHNICALLY, Summer 2012, but c'mon guys, that was cutting it a little close.

Yeah, jeez.

How is it, though? Have you played D3? I'd like to hear a good comparison review. I still play D3 sometimes, but I'm really waiting for Blizz to implement pvp.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby Ijexis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:11 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:So I've come to the conclusion that it's not the Alfheim portals in specific that I fail at, but more Bayonetta in general. I was able to do a few more of the portals after last bitching about it, but the game itself just kicks my ass. There's just no happy medium between Easy and Normal. It's either, "I can do this in my sleep," or "oh boy, how many Red Hot Shots did I use in this chapter?". I really do love the game, but gee golly whiz, do I ever suck at playing it.

I have a habit of not using items in that game...due to that and DMC mocking me and lowering my grade for it and thus it becomes, "Boy, oh boy, how many times have I died now?"
Ijexis

Postby GloryQuestor » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:54 am

I can't believe I'm saying this ... but I'm playing...

...Steel Diver

(Okay, you can scream now.)

Well, I got it for free with my 3DS XL, and the bigger screen really does help in controlling the sub. Still, no button or circle pad/D-Pad controls ftl :roll:
( :| Serious Business Studios :| )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby aesling » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:
aesling wrote:Torchlight 2 finally. I suppose it is still TECHNICALLY, Summer 2012, but c'mon guys, that was cutting it a little close.

Yeah, jeez.

How is it, though? Have you played D3? I'd like to hear a good comparison review. I still play D3 sometimes, but I'm really waiting for Blizz to implement pvp.

I enjoyed the beta a lot, and now that it's finally out I'm still really liking it. They made some very necessary tweaks to the skill system that reward you a lot better for leveling up one skill more, and nerfed some overly broken builds. So far my favorite is an insanely DPS-y Outlander. There's nothing quite as amusing as a rapid-fire, flaming shotgun. I have not played D3, so unfortunately I can't give you a comparison, but I do appreciate the lack of ridiculous DRM. It is a charming game, and I would tentatively recommend it even though I'm not sure how it stacks up against D3 in terms of play.
aesling
Mad Scientist

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Ijexis wrote:I have a habit of not using items in that game...due to that and DMC mocking me and lowering my grade for it and thus it becomes, "Boy, oh boy, how many times have I died now?"

Same. I mean, the Red Hot Shots use themselves, so not much I can do to stop that, but I was that way with DMC, too. Sometimes it pays off and I manage to survive a mission/chapter with a sliver of HP left, but most of the time, I just make a fool of myself with repeated deaths. DMC was a little different, though. I felt like I actually got good enough at that game to avoid taking hits most of the time, but Bayonetta... I don't know. I still feel like a newbie, no matter how much I practice. Of course, I haven't poured the hundreds of hours into Bayonetta that I have with DMC, so maybe I will achieve godlike reflexes yet. :lol:

In related news, I started Hard Mode this morning. (This is my first time attempting it.) I was fighting Jeanne-in-the-Past, and I fucking died eight times. EIGHT. Then, I fought Fortitudo and didn't take a single hit. WTF. I fail at consistency.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 pm

dj_ultima_the_great

Postby OropherZero » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD looking good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xYDcekB ... r_embedded

Anyway just been playing Guild Wars 2 lately =)
OropherZero

Postby [madaraxD] » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Osu! :awesome:
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Shin Megami Tensai 3ds overclocked.

AWESOME.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Ijexis » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:05 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:
Ijexis wrote:I have a habit of not using items in that game...due to that and DMC mocking me and lowering my grade for it and thus it becomes, "Boy, oh boy, how many times have I died now?"

Same. I mean, the Red Hot Shots use themselves, so not much I can do to stop that, but I was that way with DMC, too. Sometimes it pays off and I manage to survive a mission/chapter with a sliver of HP left, but most of the time, I just make a fool of myself with repeated deaths. DMC was a little different, though. I felt like I actually got good enough at that game to avoid taking hits most of the time, but Bayonetta... I don't know. I still feel like a newbie, no matter how much I practice. Of course, I haven't poured the hundreds of hours into Bayonetta that I have with DMC, so maybe I will achieve godlike reflexes yet. :lol:

In related news, I started Hard Mode this morning. (This is my first time attempting it.) I was fighting Jeanne-in-the-Past, and I fucking died eight times. EIGHT. Then, I fought Fortitudo and didn't take a single hit. WTF. I fail at consistency.

Yeah, the first time I played Bayonetta, I was popping items like crazy and the Red Hot Shot was very useful but then I started seeing how much the items were costing me and I'd rather use the Halos for other things. After I lost my save data, it's been a no-items run thus far, even though there were several moments were it would have been wise to have use a concocted heal than end up dying. I still am going through my first playthrough on the new file so haven't touched Hard Mode yet, honestly, not looking forward to it.

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Oh dear, I broke it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trV5s1AemDo

Oh wow. What.

On topic related note: I just completed my first playthrough of Borderlands 2. Loot, loot, and more loot.
Ijexis

Postby Pwolf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Borderlands 2...

Love this game.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Fall_Child42 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Pwolf wrote:Borderlands 2...

Love this game.
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby inthesto » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Guild Wars 2 PVP is taking a lot of getting used to.

Teams are never balanced either, which is a pain in the ass.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.
inthesto
Beef Basket

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion