Favourite Villian

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Re: Favourite Villian

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:54 pm

I dunno, she seemed a bit villainous in the OVAs. Then again, it's pretty hard to distinguish who is and isn't a villain in that series.
Under Construction

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:02 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:I dunno, she seemed a bit villainous in the OVAs. Then again, it's pretty hard to distinguish who is and isn't a villain in that series.
Yeah, she's more like a Type IV to Type V Anti-Hero than straight up villain during "El Baile De La Muerte", due to the fact that she is portrayed in a sympathetic light and is being seeked out for redemption. But it can be argued with that setting that everyone are pretty much villains, even Rock is just shy from growing in a classic magnificent bastard mustache. |:>

michaelben
Org Profile

Post by michaelben » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:37 am

My favorite villian is Makoto Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)
:)

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Ijexis wrote:
8bit_samurai wrote:I dunno, she seemed a bit villainous in the OVAs. Then again, it's pretty hard to distinguish who is and isn't a villain in that series.
Yeah, she's more like a Type IV to Type V Anti-Hero than straight up villain during "El Baile De La Muerte", due to the fact that she is portrayed in a sympathetic light and is being seeked out for redemption. But it can be argued with that setting that everyone are pretty much villains, even Rock is just shy from growing in a classic magnificent bastard mustache. |:>
Yeah, I had to double check antihero, and it seemed to expand last time I seen it and the Lovelace family seems to be her only redeeming factor as an antihero. The Lagoon Company only seems to be the protagonists since they're just pretty much mercenaries and the focus of the show, and Hotel Moscow, the Triad, and the Church of Violence and such are protagonistic only because they are nuetral with Lagoon Company. edit: there seems to be quite a bit of changes since I last went there. I probably need to go back and familiarize myself again with the changes.

If that's the case, then I'm gonna have to withdrawal Roberta (along with Balalaika and Mr Chang) from my list and add Yukio and by extension, Ginji.
Under Construction

Wolfy2hk
Org Profile

Post by Wolfy2hk » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Mine would be Dilandau and The Count from Gankutsuou, but maybe the Count can be counted as an anti-hero.
[Insert Sig <Here>]

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Emon-Zaemon from "Katanagatari"
badass to the end. but he does things that make you hate him with GREAT INTENSITY, but also acts so cool that you kinda LOVE the guy. you just can't help but feel bittersweet when he's around.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

SatoshiSakura
Org Profile

Post by SatoshiSakura » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Seishirou Sakurazuka from Tokyo Babylon/X.

I literally hate every single thing he does, but he's so cool that you end up not minding. I'm not even sure he fully qualifies as a villain.

BlindSage
Org Profile

Post by BlindSage » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Knives (trigun)

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Dilandau from Escaflowne. HEYYYYY LAAAAADIES...

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General Anime”