This week's ANNCast will feature Brad DeMoss!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: This week's ANNCast will feature Brad DeMoss!

Post by XStylus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:53 am

I think the podcast wasn't that bad. It was more or less some chitchat about ye olden days of yore, which is all well and good. The politely delivered digs regarding AX's past misdeeds stung, but tis' past history.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:38 am

Let's be honest ... Zac was a moron for even trying to argue in the forums. He has been around long enough to predict what was going to happen. It's like he was one of those guys who carries the flag in Warsong and runs straight towards the sea of red, and then bitches that he's now being camped in the graveyard ... :awesome:

This is a perfect example as to why I rarely post anything "controversial" no matter how right I think / know I am. :sweat:
Last edited by JudgeHolden on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:51 am

JudgeHolden wrote:Let's be honest ... Zac was a moron for even trying to argue in the forms. He has been around long enough to predict what was going to happen. It's like he was one of those guys who carries the flag in Warsong and runs straight towards the sea of red, and then bitches that he's now being camped in the graveyard ... :awesome:
Yeah. The forums... ...that thread is a mess. Zac kinda threw fuel on the fire with his responses, but I didn't really see much in the podcast worth ya'll getting in a tizzy over in the first place. :P
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I am only saddened about the "creatively bankrupt" statements, I like to be as creative with whatever endeavors I partake in. The interviewer just depresses me immensely...
"I've never seen anything that seems like it was designed more than just getting chuckles out of the audience."

Wow...I think I am going to go cry in a corner...

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:48 am

Since it hasn't been brought up, Brad DeMoss is actually responsible for one very key thing: Episode I is considered historically the very first Trailer video. Surprisingly but true, no one did a trailer AMV before it. It also was the video that started the popular Trailer category for conventions when AWA classified it as such 12 years ago.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm

wuwu >

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Ijexis wrote:I am only saddened about the "creatively bankrupt" statements, I like to be as creative with whatever endeavors I partake in. The interviewer just depresses me immensely...
"I've never seen anything that seems like it was designed more than just getting chuckles out of the audience."

Wow...I think I am going to go cry in a corner...
Not worth your tears
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2018, Chairman 2019-2024, Retired

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 pm

xstylus wrote:I think the podcast wasn't that bad. It was more or less some chitchat about ye olden days of yore, which is all well and good. The politely delivered digs regarding AX's past misdeeds stung, but tis' past history.
Honestly learning from the past is needed, if it stings, look at how to continue to improve the contest so that the past stays in the past.
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2018, Chairman 2019-2024, Retired

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Seijin_Dinger wrote: Honestly learning from the past is needed, if it stings, look at how to continue to improve the contest so that the past stays in the past.
I'll say it, I can honestly say that I suck as much now at making amvs as I did in 1999 when I first made amvs for Anime Central 1999. Not my first video, I made one back in 1994 before I even knew that AMVs were a thing (and have lost that video since :cry: ). But My videos have had the same consistency and are just as shitty as the day I started.

I think I may need to rectify that for 2013. I can't troll a contest if everyone can recognise my shitty videos.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:19 pm

It's a wonderful thing that so many of the denizens of this site are supportive of "AMV community" members that they may have had some minor issues with over the years or a difference of opinion. Going out of your way to avoid airing past grievances and minor quibbles in the greater name of support for AMV creators as a whole is just good PR. That's obviously the #1 reason new creators find their way to this site and want to participate at animemusicvideos.org

Return to “General AMV”