Newsletter + Marketing

Toxical
Org Profile

Newsletter + Marketing

Post by Toxical » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Hello guys!

I am really new to AMVs.org and I was thinking about some stuff :)

I saw that the newsletter is very outdated... It is a really good way to keep the public that is here. My Ideia would be a Newsletter per month listing the best AMVs that went on that month [Top #3 or #5]-- Based on user ratings. This would not only keep some users more active but it would be good for begginers (like me!) since they want to show their work to new people, and that is a huge "kickstarter"
[Note: I am not editing any AMVs for views, I loved the Animes I saw, the music I am currently using and I love editing. The only reason I am looking for views is for feedback and promoting both the anime and the music :)]

Another thing is that I found this website because of Animated, I loved his AMV so much that I wanted to download it, but it would be easier for me to mark the youtube link as favourite and watch it again and again. I found a lot of videos that had a-m-v.org in the description, but it is easier to keep it in youtube. My point is: your website is not atractive.

I think you should work on a MEP for the promotion of this website. It isn't hard, we are already a big fan base/users here.
[Last thing!] Honestly I don't like the layout of the site, I can't do better, but I guess there are some people that could be of some help... Maybe it is only my personal opinion, maybe the layout is not that bad, I just don't get along with it. I think it should change to be more attractive. Get the attention to were we are supposed to look. Work on previews in the main page. Get new artwork. Make it "NEW".

**This is all MY personal opinion. I hope I don't upset anyone by saying any of this...

Thanks for your time <3
~Toxical

[PS: Sorry about my bad english... I am brazilian!
~Sergio AKA Toxical.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Newsletter + Marketing

Post by TEKnician » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:39 pm

You have some valid points, and your english is actually good!

But we have a "Recently high rated video" on our front page.

We can rate the videos we watch and it gets saved into a list with links to the video to watch again

And we are also in the midst of designing a new site layout as we speak.

Fret not, my friend. Your feelings are being addressed already.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Newsletter + Marketing

Post by Otohiko » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Personally, I would like to see the Lip Flapper (which you can find in General AMV, and frequently promoted on the .org facebook and twitter) replace the newsletter entirely and officially (or as officially as possible).
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Toxical
Org Profile

Re: Newsletter + Marketing

Post by Toxical » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:28 pm

TEKnician wrote:You have some valid points, and your english is actually good!

But we have a "Recently high rated video" on our front page.

We can rate the videos we watch and it gets saved into a list with links to the video to watch again

And we are also in the midst of designing a new site layout as we speak.

Fret not, my friend. Your feelings are being addressed already.
Thanks for the answer :)

I am really glad that you are taking the time to rebuild the website. Once that the new website is out I would like to adress some new suggestions. But for now, let's just wait!

C ya! ~Toxical
~Sergio AKA Toxical.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”