Mateotis

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
User avatar
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 am
Status: Texty :3
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Animated » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:28 am

FarmXD wrote:Oh well it was the same voice of the girl I was thinking. Good use of that! It takes
you directly inside the atmosphere (y)

You should totally find me scenes with this Ein talking, a little girl talking always makes a perfect intro!
Kevmaster wrote:I have been waiting for the release of the video since the beta test. I am absolutely satisfied with the outcome. (Also glad you took some of the advive I gave :P It's looking all awesome now ;))
This song has always been one of my favourite NIN songs and you got its message across as well as possible. Superb scene choices, great blending with effectwork and scene-transitioning and the mood of the video nails exactly what this song is all about.
I love the type of amv's that may require certain taste and aren't your typical amv you see every day. Especially if they get serious messages across that feature emotions and happenings which are also part of the real life.

Thank you for this great video, it deserves its place in my all-time favourites!

What do I say first now... A big thank you for some simple but important pieces of advice? A second "thank you" for the compliments? I think I've praised you enough on the pm's :D I'm just glad that my target audience, people who admire a serious not-your-typical amv (one of them being you) liked this. I just love to portray life nowadays, the way I can - it's not something you see everyday on the internet. No wonder the next project I already have in mind will have a similar theme on a more negative aspect.

God, I love desperation :) Until next time...
TheCacoVenom wrote:pretty good :up:

Aaaand I think that non-desperate people liked this too :D Thank you!
Image
Image

User avatar
-Kyros-
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby -Kyros- » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:19 pm

I really liked the message you wanted to convey to the viewer also you managed to create a good dark atmosphere .
The editing is good , apart from some trimming , and I have to say is you have a great eye for scene selection :D , the few flaws already have been said by those who preceded me and i conclude by saying with age of man of siny is one of those amv you it makes you think not about the history of the animated series but on society in general and amv of this kind there are few
:up:
Image

User avatar
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:31 am
Status: Pressing F5
Location: Santiago, Chile.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby FarmXD » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Can't stop watching it.
I even downloaded the whole Nine Inch Nails discography ._.
Image

User avatar
Toxical
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:06 pm
Status: I wouldn't know how to answer that.
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Toxical » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:57 am

It is just amazing. Can't stop watching/listening to this. The music is amazing, and the editition... Holy...
This AMV was the reason I registered to this website :)

Thank you for the time spent on this, it is really worth it!
~Sergio AKA Toxical.

User avatar
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am
Status: Under your bed!
Location: Argentina
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby [madaraxD] » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:36 am

woot!! really like the final version!, well i think you already know my thoughts xD, the concept is really interesting (the story of my life D: ) and well executed. I think is my second favorite from you (after Live :awesome: ).
Solid work :up:
Last edited by [madaraxD] on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Melanchthon
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:12 am
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Melanchthon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:46 am

Edit: nvm, need to check out some specific parts of the vid first.

User avatar
MimS
Baguette Master
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:32 pm
Status: With all other Seleçãos
Location: Paris
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby MimS » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Not too bad
Work on mixing properly texts and videos ;)
Image
Image

User avatar
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 am
Status: Texty :3
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Animated » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:04 am

-Kyros- wrote:I really liked the message you wanted to convey to the viewer also you managed to create a good dark atmosphere .
The editing is good , apart from some trimming , and I have to say is you have a great eye for scene selection :D , the few flaws already have been said by those who preceded me and i conclude by saying with age of man of siny is one of those amv you it makes you think not about the history of the animated series but on society in general and amv of this kind there are few
:up:

That scene selection... this is what made me finish this after 10 whole months, at least I know i did that well :D And yes, Age of Man was a great influence on this, even though I discovered it some months before i completed mine, what a great video. Thanks for your kind words!
FarmXD wrote:Can't stop watching it.
I even downloaded the whole Nine Inch Nails discography ._.

NIN <3
And I think it's time you stop watching this, you know, it's bad for your eyes after all this time!

Toxical wrote:It is just amazing. Can't stop watching/listening to this. The music is amazing, and the editition... Holy...
This AMV was the reason I registered to this website :)

Thank you for the time spent on this, it is really worth it!

Thanks a lot Toxical! :D Well, since i made you register here, enjoy your stay and hit us up should you want some beta testing or something!
[madaraxD] wrote:woot!! really like the final version!, well i think you already know my thoughts xD, the concept is really interesting (the story of my life D: ) and well executed. I think is my second favorite from you (after Live :awesome: ).
Solid work :up:

It's everybody's story of their lives, trust me :wink: Thanks for your comment MadaraxD, I guess I'll have to use a more powerful song next time, just like Life is Beautiful, right? :sweat:
Melanchthon wrote:Edit: nvm, need to check out some specific parts of the vid first.

...ok, still waiting I guess... :)
MimS wrote:Not too bad
Work on mixing properly texts and videos ;)

I know, I'll watch some Typography tutorials next time if that's the case :amv: Well, thanks for the compliment!
Image

Image

User avatar
Toxical
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:06 pm
Status: I wouldn't know how to answer that.
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Toxical » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:49 am

Animated wrote:
Thanks a lot Toxical! :D Well, since i made you register here, enjoy your stay and hit us up should you want some beta testing or something!


You will see some of my work in a couple of weeks, having trouble editing with this PC... :/

I can't stop watching this! haha
~Sergio AKA Toxical.

User avatar
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:31 am
Status: Pressing F5
Location: Santiago, Chile.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby FarmXD » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:58 pm

I can't!! God save us! D:
Image

User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:55 pm
Status: Free
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Enigma » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Neat.

User avatar
Full Metal Sempai
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:29 am

Still waiting for that coffee or now that I responded, you don't really care much?? XD XD

Pretty awesome amv my friend. Great scene selection and editing, needs a bit more work on typography and imo, stop using some inside jokes when the theme is so serious.

As for its theme,I'd appreciate it a lot more around 2 months ago. After August, I never felt like every day is exactly the same. =P
Still, great amv as a whole and one of your best works.

5/5 all the way
Image

User avatar
Orestes
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:43 am
Status: Kill the King
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Orestes » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Loved this, more detailed loving in your OP. <3
Image
Image

User avatar
Melanchthon
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:12 am
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Melanchthon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am

About the specifics: the clocks in the stills in the OP are distorted compared to the video, and possibly the moon as well unless you wanted to show a gibbous moon. Just a minor detail. :)

As for the video itself... very well done, but I couldn't get into it. If your intention was to show the disconnection and superficiality of life, then you succeeded.

User avatar
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 am
Status: Texty :3
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Mateotis

Postby Animated » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Toxical wrote:I can't stop watching this! haha

FarmXD wrote:I can't!! God save us! D:

Ok ok, I got this :sweat:
Enigma wrote:Neat.

Sweet, thank you :nose:
Full Metal Sempai wrote:Still waiting for that coffee or now that I responded, you don't really care much?? XD XD

Pretty awesome amv my friend. Great scene selection and editing, needs a bit more work on typography and imo, stop using some inside jokes when the theme is so serious.

As for its theme,I'd appreciate it a lot more around 2 months ago. After August, I never felt like every day is exactly the same. =P
Still, great amv as a whole and one of your best works.

5/5 all the way

YOU'RE THE ONE TO TALK ABOUT COFFEE??!!?? Get your ass up and call me!!
Thanks for the compliments :D And... what inside jokes? Everything in there was... serious :uhoh:
Glad to hear you're back on your feet man. First round's on me. :beer:
Hastega wrote:Loved this, more detailed loving in your OP. <3

I appreciate all of the luvin' <3
Melanchthon wrote:As for the video itself... very well done, but I couldn't get into it. If your intention was to show the disconnection and superficiality of life, then you succeeded.

Well, I expected that not just everyone would get into this :) You got that point about disconnection and yes, thank you for your kind words! :D
Image

Image


Return to “AMV Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests