Anime Weekend Atlanta Entries Reopen - Deadlines 9/3 9/10

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta Entries Reopen - Deadlines 9/3 9/1

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

The site (contests.ngsilver.com) is down. Login page comes up, but there is an error when signing in. :(

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 pm

A direct message to me might be faster. Seems there is an issue with the server that houses the SQL database... I'll have to open a ticket with my ISP in order to figure out what is going on. According to their issue tracker there are no known issues.

Figures. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. If not I will make an announcement as soon as I can get the backup server running, which will not be until I get off work in 3 hours.

All I can say is keep trying, I'll announce here when I know it's back up.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 pm

The system should be back up now. At least I can get into it from 3 different locations now. It may be spotty though since godaddy (yes, I know. My hosting package is up for renewal next year and I'm jumping ship then) is apparently having issues today....
ImageImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:03 pm

I still can't log on, will check back periodically. Any possibility of a deadline extension because of this?

(I feel like a dumbass for leaving this til the last day.)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:39 pm

As long as you are in contact with me directly, anyone who is unable to submit their entry today due to godaddy's outage (they're still working on it, but it seems like some things are coming back up) I'll let ya'll submit late. But you have to be in contact with me directly.

In the mean time, make sure your videos are ready to be uploaded. If need be I can open FTP accounts without the entry system and have you fill out an entry form later.

The system loads for me sporadically, and has been doing this ever since I was notified. So keep trying is all I can say at this point.
ImageImageImageImage

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:39 pm

the NGsilver site is down but I presume FTPs are not? I submitted my commercial entry last night but planned on uploading it when I get home from work which is about 9:30 est.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:53 pm

That is correct, FTP server is hosted in a completely different geographical location and not by godaddy, so FTP is up and working fine.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:42 pm

It would seem godaddy is finally getting everything cleaned up. The system is up and running as far as I can tell. Some users may not be able to access the site in some areas due to DNS issues. These should be resolved soon. Email has been flowing again as well so I'm finally getting notifications of accounts for FTP and new entries so things seem good.

I am going through all the FTP accounts right now, making sure everything is closed that should be and open that should be. I have a double check system in my backend that I'm going to use as well in case in this issue the system failed to send some FTP notifications to me. So everyone should have their accounts (if not already) very soon.

Anyone still having issues please be sure to let me know. You can reach me here on the forums or in any of the IM options listed on my profile, or via email at awa [at] ngsilver [dot] com.
ImageImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:52 pm

s'working on my end.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 pm

At this point there shouldn't be any further interruptions with the entry system provided godaddy doesn't have another major outage.

In light of this outage and the downtime it has caused, we'll be extending the entry system taking entries an extra day, especially to allow our friends across the pond a chance to enter as deadline pushers ^^()

So I'll be shutting down FTP account creation and Contest Entries on 9/11/2012 at 11:59 PM EDT (-4 GMT)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”