My Freeze Ray/Phone/Microwave (Name Subject to Change)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

My Freeze Ray/Phone/Microwave (Name Subject to Change)

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 am

Video:

Stein's;Gate and Dr. Horrible. It had to be done.

On another topic, this is my first time rotoscoping, and I think I managed to avoid the pitfalls most people deal with. Please enjoy.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: My Freeze Ray/Phone/Microwave (Name Subject to Change)

Post by Shin-AMV » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:49 pm

:up: ha! Snice. I had an idea for this but you beat me to it, good job sir.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 pm

The whitish edges during the dream sequences could've used a bit of work but, overall, nice job. I like it.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Ah yes, very nice indeed :up:

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 pm

You had me at Dr. Horrible. This was awesome, I just re-watched the whole series about a week back. The songs in this are great, need to get my hands on the OST sometime. Great job on the scene selection and rotoscope, only the first one with the Mr. Freeze image gave me reason to double take on the hands but other than that, the rest were well done. Think I'm going to watch this one a few more times.

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 am

Fun.

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:34 am

Pwolf wrote:The whitish edges during the dream sequences could've used a bit of work but, overall, nice job. I like it.
First off, thank you. Second off, I wanted to ask what could have made the white edges better, for future reference?
Ijexis wrote:You had me at Dr. Horrible. This was awesome, I just re-watched the whole series about a week back. The songs in this are great, need to get my hands on the OST sometime. Great job on the scene selection and rotoscope, only the first one with the Mr. Freeze image gave me reason to double take on the hands but other than that, the rest were well done. Think I'm going to watch this one a few more times.
Hm. Yeah, I see it now too. Darn. Well, thanks for the heads up.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 am

I think the gradient is too short so maybe bring it in towards the center a little bit as well as make it so the edges aren't as hard as well, making it look more murky and cloudy. Just a quick thing I did in photoshop to illustrate what I'm thinking of:

The gradient is less distracting this way but noticeable enough that you can tell that it's supposed to be different then a normal scene.

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 am

Pwolf wrote:I think the gradient is too short so maybe bring it in towards the center a little bit as well as make it so the edges aren't as hard as well, making it look more murky and cloudy. Just a quick thing I did in photoshop to illustrate what I'm thinking of:
Spoiler :
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.pwolfamv.com/other/white-edge.jpg
The gradient is less distracting this way but noticeable enough that you can tell that it's supposed to be different then a normal scene.
Hm, I'm not sure about the amount that has the gradient (and I assume that's just because you did it quickly, yes?), but otherwise I can see how this is better. Thank you very much.

t3hSandman
Org Profile

Post by t3hSandman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:53 am

My god man. It's brilliant. Absolutely amazing. O_o If videos like this are common on this site, mine'll get left in the dust. Wow. Really great job.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”