ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY!
Please read the rules thoroughly!
If you don't, you may be disqualified.
How will we know if you read the rules?
You'll have to read the rules to find out... ^.^Submission deadline
- Sunday, January 13th, 2013 11:59 PM PST
There will be NO EXTENSION
beyond this date!
All entries MUST
be submitted no later then this.
Any entry arriving later will not be considered, so make sure to get them in ASAP!!!
** If you know your entry will be a day or two late, you must contact me BEFORE
the deadline passes. **
Contact the NSFW AMV Coordinator: email@example.com
for more information.
Yes, you will also send your entries / info here.
Please use a reputable upload site
and send the download link to this email.
We will also use DropBox
as an option so, if you use that, please email me for upload permission and the link to the folder.
The award format will be Grand Prize, 2nd, and 3rd place.
The audience will vote for the top videos.
The Coordinator will also have a “personal award” for her favorite.
Once the deadline passes and we have all our entries, the AMV staff will screen them all to determine the field of finalists.
The screening will utilize a fairly strict scoring system.
Your entry must pass a quality check (sound clarity and video quality, mainly) and then it will be judged on several technical factors, although entertainment value is extremely important. No one on the screening panel will be shown or told the name / identity of any of the submissions' editors. Once all the numbers are in, the math will be done and the highest-scoring entries will pass on to the finals (posted a week before the convention).Submission Form
You must include a separate form for EACH
AMV that you submit.
It must accompany the download link in the email you send.
The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
- Full legal name
- Nickname / Studio name (if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Title of AMV
- Song title(s) and artist(s)
- Name of source video footage
ALSO please attach the following to the info (for "legal reasons")...
"By submitting a video to the Katsucon 19 AMV Contest [or AMV NSFW Contest], I am representing that this video does not violate anyone's rights and that I own all copyrights in this video or have authorization to upload it."
Email me if there are any questions or concerns about this. I know it's an anomalous thing but I'm being told by those further up the chain this needs to be done.
No one likes having to deal with this stuff but you know...
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information.
Please name your files in this format:
video: “NSFW - your name – video title.avi”
info: “NSFW - your name – video title.txt”Submission Format
All submissions must meet the following standards:
- 720 x 480 resolution
- 29.97 fps -OR- 23.976 fps with 3:2 pulldown
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive scan)
- 48000 Hz audio (two-channel stereo)
The following formats will be accepted, provided that they meet the above standards:
Video (in order of preference):
- MPEG 2
- MPEG 1
- HuffYUV avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
** We are NOT accepting mp4 files anymore due to visual quality degradation, file incompatibilities, etc.
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)
0) This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT
be tolerated! Any attempt to submit the work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED
from the Katsucon AMV contest now and in the future.
1) All entries *MUST* conform to the formats listed above.
2) NO BUMPERS
will be permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals.
3) A maximum of three
submissions per person is allowed.
4) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5:30 minutes running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation. Live action is allowed as long as your video remains mostly anime / video game. If you do use video game sources, make sure they are Japanese-produced. also i'd like to note that if any live action sex scene are used that they NOT
be personal footage. thanks ^.^)
5) Submissions should be no more than 1 year old or close to it. (i may be lenient on this rule somewhat this year since most people don't really make this type of stuff on a normal basis. so if you have any questions about whether your video is ok to submit just contact me or use your best judgement. meaning i'll go like 1 1/2yrs at the most)
6) ** IMPORTANT!
** This contest will be viewed by an adult audience (18+) so HAVE FUN!. Absolutely sexual content, excessive violence, or profanity WILL
be both permitted and encouraged. Anything that is questionable (not to NSFW standards) will be shown to both the judging panel and coordinators for further review and will be moved to the main contest if applicable. The bottom line: coordinators have the FINAL WORD!
7a) Dubbed sound from licensed commercial translation is NOT
7b) Your video will be returned to you for alteration or disqualified if there are any logos, watermarks, or fan-produced or licensed subtitles - CHECK YOUR WORK
before submitting! You ARE
allowed to produce your own subtitles.
8) All entries must be accompanied by a completely filled-out submission form. (see above) We can't stress this enough!
9) All submitted materials become the property of Katsucon, and are non-returnable.
10) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation will not be accepted.
(PROTIP: do not make AMVs with downloaded video or poor-sounding audio. ^.^)
11) Prizes will be presented during a formal award show yet to be scheduled (although I'm pushing for late Sunday afternoon). If the contestant is not attending the convention or must leave before the award show, their awards will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Katsucon. Please allow 4-6 weeks maximum for delivery. (or if you are at the viewing and want to leave me a way of contacting you, in case your video wins, if you know you wont be at the award show than please feel free to do so. the less i have to mail the better
12) DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns. BUT if you are there and would like an extra copy of the ballots (if we have leftovers) than please feel free to ask me and my staff will be more than happy to help.
13) Katsucon is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged entries, prizes, etc.
14) We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change. If any major changes are necessary to make your entry suitable for screening, we will contact you as soon as possible.
15) All members of the Katsucon AMV Staff and judging panel are prohibited from entering this contest. They may still submit their videos to be shown during the non-competitive exhibition.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
(NSFW) or email@example.com
(main contest) for more details.Bring us your best and tell your friends who edit AMVs that we're up and running.
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with this year ^.^