Mateotis

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Mateotis

Postby Animated » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Mateotis: Futility. Life repeating itself. Subliminal messages.

This is not a test.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImage
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friendly advice: Avoid Preview if you can. As I have already seen, it hides the first message.

Winner at Saboten Con: Best Drama
Last edited by Animated on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Re: Mateotis

Postby TritioAFB » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Seems someone has been doing his homework.

I appreciate when the amv goes into a deeper atmosphere. But specially when it can also brings the message that you'll not notice it until the end.

Oh humanity....

The addition of the first voice.. it gave high props to the video. Then its mood caughts you. If I could mention some moments I didn't like was in the 2:30-2:32 segment, not a fan of those masks. Or the inclussion of Shuffle! at the end, the rest of selections were made according the mood.

But after considering the messages, I guess the technical aspect can just be a 'small detail' if compared to its concept :up:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby SeNniN » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:20 am

You've executed the message really well here, and all the sources flowed nicely together. All the cc, and text really helped set the mood, and create the atmosphere that you were going for here. I enjoyed it. :up:
SeNniN

Postby Ijexis » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:16 am

I quite enjoyed that. Very dark and atmospheric setpiece.
Ijexis

Postby Centurione » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:29 am

The first thing is: I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH. The scene selection is awesome and all the colouring built up the appropriate mood. Nice flow and just overally enjoyable watch. Very solid editing itself and quite original and well executed concept. And that's also worth mentioning: I often find it hard to watch a 3-minute long video if it doesn't have a particular story. But here, with this length it was alright. I manged to stay concentrated until the very end.

But still, my main and almost only complaint are fonts. Some of them were nice and all of them fitted the atmosphere but I think it could be done better. But that's all what I wrote in my supersubjective beta xD

Great job :up: :up:
Centurione

Postby Bauzi » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 am

You know my opinion in detail. Yet I have to say that this is the most enjoyable NIN-AMV in a long time. Regarding the message on your poster: You did see "They Live", right? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/
Bauzi

Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)

Postby Animated » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 am

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, I really, really appreciate this!

TritioAFB wrote:I appreciate when the amv goes into a deeper atmosphere. But specially when it can also brings the message that you'll not notice it until the end.

Oh humanity....

You hardly ever see AMVs depicting the true nature of life, and well, I had to do this. Life itself was my biggest inspiration...

SeNniN wrote:You've executed the message really well here, and all the sources flowed nicely together. All the cc, and text really helped set the mood, and create the atmosphere that you were going for here. I enjoyed it. :up:

Sennin, I'm honored to have you here and glad to hear you liked it :D Thank you!

Ijexis wrote:I quite enjoyed that. Very dark and atmospheric setpiece.

Nice to know I achieved my purpose :D Thanks Ijexis!

Centurione wrote:The first thing is: I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH. The scene selection is awesome and all the colouring built up the appropriate mood. Nice flow and just overally enjoyable watch. Very solid editing itself and quite original and well executed concept. And that's also worth mentioning: I often find it hard to watch a 3-minute long video if it doesn't have a particular story. But here, with this length it was alright. I manged to stay concentrated until the very end.
Great job :up: :up:

Eve, my non-target audience and beta tester! At last you told me what you thought about it :D Thanks a ton, seriously! And after all, subjectiveness makes us who we are, every person different from another :amv:

Bauzi wrote:You know my opinion in detail. Yet I have to say that this is the most enjoyable NIN-AMV in a long time. Regarding the message on your poster: You did see "They Live", right? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/

It was nice to see I pleased one of my favourite editors that affected my style of editing. Thank you, Bauzi :D As for the poster.... Hey, they copied me first! My poster has Matrix influences after all!!
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby Cecco » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:13 am

Nice job animated! :wink:
Cecco
Biscotto

Postby FarmXD » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:49 am

I actually fell in love with this video <3
Is that...Ein's voice in the beggining?
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!

Postby ProjectBarcodeError » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 am

i think mostly like centurione: some fonts felt really out of place.

besides that, i also disliked some anime mix like fma/girl who leapt through time/"other anime i dunno" at 3:47 if i remember well. some chara-design don't looked really in harmony.

Besides that, i think the color correction was quite good, and there was nice scenes choices too sometimes.

An interesting AMV with a well done atmosphere. i hope to see more of you.
ProjectBarcodeError

Postby Mkid » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Togainu no Chi :bear: Love that anime
Anyways

twas nice. in a dark and twisted sense. but good job!

:dino:
Mkid
Im on the case

Postby Animated » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Cecco wrote:Nice job animated! :wink:

Thank you very much Cecco! Now open your Skype after all these days :P
FarmXD wrote:I actually fell in love with this video <3
Is that...Ein's voice in the beggining?

What if I told you the video loves you too! And the voice in the beginning, is the voice of the little girl in Kigeki, a 10 minute OVA. Can't really remember her name, sorry :sweat:
ProjectBarcodeError wrote:i think mostly like centurione: some fonts felt really out of place.

besides that, i also disliked some anime mix like fma/girl who leapt through time/"other anime i dunno" at 3:47 if i remember well. some chara-design don't looked really in harmony.

Besides that, i think the color correction was quite good, and there was nice scenes choices too sometimes.

An interesting AMV with a well done atmosphere. i hope to see more of you.

Yes, Centurione pointed out many of my fonts in this... The conclusion was that the taste in fonts is completely subjective, as well as many other parts of the video :) In the end, I'm glad I heard your opinion on this, thank you PBE!

Mkid wrote:Togainu no Chi :bear: Love that anime
Anyways

twas nice. in a dark and twisted sense. but good job!
:dino:

I just can't leave Togainu no Chi, purple skies everywhere :amv: At least i'm not the only one with a twisted taste in anime... Thanks Mkid!
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby FarmXD » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Oh well it was the same voice of the girl I was thinking. Good use of that! It takes
you directly inside the atmosphere (y)
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!

Postby Kevmaster » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm

I have been waiting for the release of the video since the beta test. I am absolutely satisfied with the outcome. (Also glad you took some of the advive I gave :P It's looking all awesome now ;))
This song has always been one of my favourite NIN songs and you got its message across as well as possible. Superb scene choices, great blending with effectwork and scene-transitioning and the mood of the video nails exactly what this song is all about.
I love the type of amv's that may require certain taste and aren't your typical amv you see every day. Especially if they get serious messages across that feature emotions and happenings which are also part of the real life.

Thank you for this great video, it deserves its place in my all-time favourites!
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser

Postby TheCacoVenom » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:06 pm

pretty good :up:
TheCacoVenom

Next

Return to AMV Announcements