[Okami] Angel's Music

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[Okami] Angel's Music

Postby OkamiRvS » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey guys! Finally I have made a new amv. This video was born one month ago after I was listening to "Eat That Up, It's Good For You" a great song of Two Door Cinema Club. An that period I was watching Angel Beats and I really liked, so I started immediately the video. There isn't anything particular I have made it only for fun. A post-video before AKROSS Con 2012 :O

Special thanks Mirkosp for the encode!
Last edited by OkamiRvS on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OkamiRvS

Re: [Okami] Angel's Music

Postby post-it » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:01 pm

.. red eyed Angel, Concert Band of Girls with a Guys Voice singing .... files size needs work.
. The facts are uncoordinated but it looks good ^__^
post-it

Postby S.A. Robert » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Very nice =)
S.A. Robert

Postby Melanchthon » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:59 pm

I found this video bland and artificial.
Melanchthon

Postby xDreww » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:21 pm

One of my favorites from you. sexy 60fps.
xDreww

Postby Kisagi » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Very facinating :up:
Kisagi
The sexy Artist

Postby OkamiRvS » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm

thanks for the comments
OkamiRvS

Postby AimoAio » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:32 pm

I usually love your videos but I felt this one was lacking a bit. I don't mean the editing since that was great but I don't know...it's like the video lacks feeling. I'm not entirely sure if this is because Angel Beats is a difficult source for me to feel anything from in AMVs or because your scenes just didn't click with the song for me. Still, the editing is very nice.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby OkamiRvS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:54 pm

AimoAio wrote:I usually love your videos but I felt this one was lacking a bit. I don't mean the editing since that was great but I don't know...it's like the video lacks feeling. I'm not entirely sure if this is because Angel Beats is a difficult source for me to feel anything from in AMVs or because your scenes just didn't click with the song for me. Still, the editing is very nice.

Next time I will do better :)
OkamiRvS

Postby EllipseIris » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:30 pm

funny anytime i see your name here im like omg finally a new vid, gotta see see!
i saw it, there were some outstanding moments, and some that i didn't see why you did that way, especially when you did effects like at 0:20, 00:40 and so on, because basically you did a great decision with the audio+footage combo already, gave a fantastic atmosphere and a great time watching it. Generally it's well done, can't wait for your next amv!
EllipseIris

Postby OkamiRvS » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:14 pm

thanks!
OkamiRvS

Postby Athena » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 pm

I had a devil of a time running this. Either the 10bit or the 8bit. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro, and here's the kicker... my 2009 MacBook White ran the 10bit and the 8bit with no problems, and it's much slower. After some reboots and clearing my processes and getting rid of start up items, I managed to run the 8bit perfectly in a player called NicePlayer, and the 10bit only has very minor macrblocking at the very beginning. The most intensive section (the black and white horizontal shift) runs fine on both versions on machines. Mirko confirmed the encode, so I'm unclear why my MBP has issues with the 10bit. I'm thinking something got borked in the recent 10.8.2 update, but Mirko told me a friend of his with an i7 MBP ran it just fine.

Wakaranai. ¯\(°_o)/¯

As for the video itself, once I got it running, I enjoyed it. For some reason Mplayer2 would slow it down but render everything correctly, so for the first two minutes I was just like, "Nice effects, but there seems to be zero sync..." Until I realised the video lasted longer than the audio and I had issues which needed to be addressed. My personal jury is still out on Angel Beats. I tried watching it when it first came out and couldn't make it past the feeling that Yurripe was just a poor man's Haruhi. I recently tried to watch the series again and made it to the end. I still don't have a strong connection to the characters and so I felt that I missed a lot of the emotional power in your video largely because outside of perhaps Angel herself, I don't give much a damn about any of the characters. Not your fault.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby OkamiRvS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 pm

thanks for the comment!
OkamiRvS

Postby javywhite » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:33 pm

nice job, really enjoyed some of the transitions you used (Y)
javywhite
You belong in a museum

Postby Rice » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:07 am

nice feel to the video and dynamic as well. Kudos :)
Rice
TheRiceWhisperer

Next

Return to AMV Announcements