Politics

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Politics

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:41 am

I think I just watched a video that instantly turned me into a republican. . . Maybe its too soon to say but its quite eye opening for me and fits strongly with my moral beliefs :shock:

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:56 am

Politics thread eh... Normally I would post here, but I'd rather not go into detail about my political views. I will say that I oppose both the democratic and republican party.

My views are best defined as anarcho-syndicalist, which could also be referred to as libertarian communism. In short, I'm against the concept of the wage system and the capitalist ownership of the means of production.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:05 am

Amaterasu,

Your political views are you founded Japan, your grandson was the first Emperor, Jimmu, you gave the people rice and silk to feed and clothe themselves, and the current Emperor is your direct descendent.

This political philosophy is called kokutai, and traditionally, you created it. :awesome:

...this is my academic area of expertise, so excuse me being silly.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 am

Kionon wrote:Amaterasu,

Your political views are you founded Japan, your grandson was the first Emperor, Jimmu, you gave the people rice and silk to feed and clothe themselves, and the current Emperor is your direct descendent.

This political philosophy is called kokutai, and traditionally, you created it. :awesome:

...this is my academic area of expertise, so excuse me being silly.
Holy shit I did!

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 am

all hail Lady Sun
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:13 am

lloyd9988 wrote:I think I just watched a video that instantly turned me into a republican. . . Maybe its too soon to say but its quite eye opening for me and fits strongly with my moral beliefs :shock:
I'm genuinely curious what this video is.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:19 am

Tangentially related: This lecture proposes a fundamental difference between how liberals and conservatives frame moral decisions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f9R9MtkpqM

Gotta get past the shitty intro, though.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:21 am

inthesto wrote:
lloyd9988 wrote:I think I just watched a video that instantly turned me into a republican. . . Maybe its too soon to say but its quite eye opening for me and fits strongly with my moral beliefs :shock:
This possibly? Just my guess based upon the context between that and this this one.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 am

inthesto wrote:Tangentially related: This lecture proposes a fundamental difference between how liberals and conservatives frame moral decisions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f9R9MtkpqM

Gotta get past the shitty intro, though.
This is a really cool video.
I like the thoughts and ideas behind this.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 am

CodeZTM wrote:
inthesto wrote:
This possibly? Just my guess based upon the context between that and this this one.
I dunno, i just watched the trailer for that documentary. It looks like a good documentary, but it also appears to be about a failing education system. however AFAIK the republicans are the ones that typically cut education funding, and generally harm the education system.

Return to “General Discussion”