After a bit of delay, we finally have our wrap up thread!
Now to start off with, I would like to ask everyone to submit their feedback on the the first ever A-M-V.org Quickening. If you have any suggestion for next year, I will be quite happy to hear it.
Some things we're already going to be looking at:
- Different judges (The current judges did an awesome job but I like to keep things fresh so I'll be switching some around. This will also give the current judges a chance to compete if they want
- Less Entrants/Rounds (People seem to get burned out rather quickly so by shortening things by a bit, it may help)
- Timing (Code and I will be communicating from now on to make sure we don't have our contests running at the same time. Or at least we'll try to reduce the overlap.)
- Fewer Song Submissions (Bump it down from 5 songs each to 3. This will give everyone a better chance of at least 1 of their songs making it in.)
Now~ We have a couple more winners!
For the predictions contest Kairih
will be walking away with $15~! O:
The $5 Judge's Choice Awards go to....irriadin
- Farewell To Tomorrow - "Very mellow yet fun. One of the most memorable videos of the contest."LopezAMV
- And Then I Said 'Meow Meow Meow Meow' - "Because it more or less made me start listening to the song again and inspired me to make my video."riccardocasu
- Don't Stop Me Now - "This guy did an awesome job the entire time. He deserves at least a little somethin'."Chained(E)Studio
- MasTween - "I liked what she did with that (I always like "action videos with non-action sources" and that one was pretty out there)"KnightAMV
- RAWRAWd - "The bits and pieces that were edited looked fantastic and you had the cojones to turn in a video unfinished. Most people would be too worried about saving face but you tried the best you could and didn't just drop."
I'd also like to make some personal shoutouts to some of the contestants that really stood out for me. No money involved, but you guys are awesome
aniMae had some really awesome concepts through the rounds! I've gotta say, at lot of the combinations you went with wouldn't be the first thing I'd think of but you made it work. Keep up those original ideas and you're gonna go far! O:
MasterZero8, it was a nice attempt for your first video! Way better than a lot of others I've seen. You've got a kick ass attitude too! Keep trying.
MeleeChampion, PEAKS AND VALLEYS! FUCK YES. Teach the ways of dynamic! Bangarang on brotha'.
Centurione, holy crap girl. You came outta nowhere and kicked ASS! Keep it up
I look forward to future videos from you :3
Animated, THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THE RAPE TRAIN. I died laughing.
But yeah, you all did a great job and I hope to see you back next year! O:
If you see your name in blue
, please PM me with your email address. If you're located outside the US please include a link to your version of amazon. (.uk, .jp, etc...)