The Disney MEP 3 : When You Wish Upon an AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP 3 : When You Wish Upon an AMV

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 pm

i wanna cry T_T i just spend an hour writing a detailed opinion about everyone's tracks and the forum timed me out and i lost everything i wrote when i hit submit :cry: :cry: :cry:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:11 pm

This was one of the most enjoyable MEP's I've watched in a long time. Sure, it helps that it's packed full of Disney goodness, but what I really liked was just the number of simple, yet solid storytelling segments it had. My favorite was the Ponyo segment, though the Earthsea one was a close second. :up:

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Loved it!!! ^^

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:17 pm

okay, i think i'm finally over having lost my first attempt at leaving an opinion so i'm gonna try again, (ctrl a + ctrl c)ing frequently.

this entire project is by far the best of the trilogy, which is quite an accomplishment being that it's over an hour long.

Sword in the Stone by AllyKatAVR: i said it before and it's still true, BEST PROLOGUE EVER. it doesn't get more disney than this and is a brilliant introduction to the project. oh yeah and to end with BAKA! quite cheeky indeed :up: :up: :up:

Life is a Highway by Vej: i still consider this to be the true opener. it sets a brilliant and energetic mood and just all around makes you smile and wanna watch more. i think the song could have had cleaner cuts tho. :up: :up:

On My Way by Hagaren Viper: classic hagaren combo - phil collins to some pocket monsters. not your best, i admit. altho i don't think you'll ever be able to top Two Worlds, that one still makes me cry. i still bob my head and smile to this track tho. :up: :up:

Be Prepared by Rider4Z: so happy this track worked out so well. most effort in lip sync i've ever done. it was quite a task mixing audio from the movie and the original soundtrack tho. :up: :up: :up:

We Belong Together by Kireblue: these ZatchBell/Toy Story tracks are one of my favorite elements in the trilogy. it gives them an obvious link between the three. :up: :up:

The Mob Song by Haus Haberdasher: i am SOOOOO happy this song finally made this project. and the fact that you found a movie that matched it so brilliantly is uncanny. :up: :up:

If I Never Knew You by Vej: this one is so lovely and bittersweet. it makes me sad that the original sequence of the song was deleted from the movie. it's such a great song. and seeing this makes me wanna see Angel Beats. :up: :up:

Prince Ali by CodeZTM: this one is so fabulous XD "fabulous harry i love the feathers" :up: :up:

Stuff We Did by AngelDragoon: .....;;;;_____;;;; :up: :up: :up:

Kiss the Girl by EimiJ7: this is by far the cutest track in the whole project <3 and the editing is explicit. the lip sync and masking are so clean. great track :up: :up: :up:

Sanctuary by Rider4Z: i'm pleased with how smooth this one came out. go instrumentals :up: :up:

Can't Help Falling in Love by SatoshiSakura: another series i need to see now as well. editing is very clean, pretty. :up:

Gaston by Zanzaben: what is this i don't even XD it does make more sense now knowing that it's actually a guy tho. still funny :up:

Your Heart Will Lead You Home by Hamstar138: ANOTHER series i need to see. i think the song edit in the end could have been a bit better but still a pleasant watch. :up:

Strangers Like Me by Kazemon15: wait, is this kaze or hagaren? lol you guys are almost identical in editing style. i loved the rice eating in the beginning XD :up: :up:

Following the Leader by Vej: HOW in the WORLD did you ever come up with this combination? it's frikkin brilliant. and it works so well, it's almost ridiculous :up: :up: :up:

Little Wonders by kireblue: now.... here's where it gets interesting. i view this as the underdog in that it's so low key, but it's arguably my favorite track in the entire trilogy. i LOVE its simplicity. the atmosphere of the anime matches the song so well both in melody and lyrics. all the little wonders you added in the video are absolutely stunning. the editing of the song was so clean. i almost wish you made a full version of it but i'd be too afraid of it being forced out. :up: :up: :up:

One of Us by Mkid: ooo...shivers. i'm so glad this song made the project, and what a great match choosing Prince Zuko. i think the final product fell a bit short of its full potential, but still an excellent addition to the project for sure. :up: :up:

I Won't Say I'm in Love by moezy-chan: this one's cute. it's a bit rough but the singer's voice seems to really fit the girl's facial expressions. :up:

Poor Unfortunate Souls by Rider4Z: this one kinda came out of nowhere. but code and i both agreed we needed Ursula in there somewhere. i'm pleased to know people seem to like it, but again with the mixing of movie audio and the original soundtrack... oi the levels man! i don't think it would have worked without the sound effects. :up: :up:

Love Will Find a Way by EkaCoralian: gawd this is so pretty. great match and the song is so beautiful. you know, i actually like this track better than what's in the actual movie. :up: :up:

Go the Distance by Kazemon15: katekyo hitman? ok now this is definitely kaze ^_^ i don't know the series very well but i trust kaze to know the song works. i do wish it wasn't a cover tho... :up:

World Without Fences by EkaCoralian: this one is so clever. the song and anime seem to really belong together. it's brilliant, i mean a world without fences being sung by an astronaut? come on, gtfo :up: :up:

Mulan's Decision by ChosenExiled: THANK YOU SO MUCH for using this song. zomg mulan! this is one of the best transformation instrumentals ever. it's so epic, and using kenshin couldn't have been a better match. it works so well and is so powerful. :up: :up: :up:

One Little Slip by Vej: and yet ANOTHER series i need to see now! i've never seen chicken little so the song doesn't say disney to me, but i don't really care cuz everything else is so much fun. it all just fits, i wanna see the show so bad! XD :up: :up:

To Die For by Rider4Z: i admit i'm not overly satisfied with this one. it was a bit forced and i wish i had more footage to use other than all the cliche stuff. but hey, go instrumentals! it's lion king, come on. :up:

So Close by StarTrinity009: mmm romeo x juliet. this one's so nice and pleasant. takes all the angst out of the last track. the reversed snow fall is kinda offputting. i love the bittersweet ending. :up: :up:

Under the Sea by EimiJ7: disney goodness full of freakin cuteness. i love all the different little animations syncs you made to the music. :up: :up:

Beauty and the Beast by Rider4Z: best disney love song ever. i'm really glad i put the singer in there. if you've never seen casshern sins it might be hard to understand why he's the beast. hopefully you'll be inspired to watch it now. :up: :up:

Transformation by Siny: holy crap that song. talk about epic conclusions, holy cow. the editing in this is so clean, and i'm glad i finally got a taste of Earthsea, i've still yet to see it and this highly inspired me to do so. :up: :up: :up:

When You Wish Upon an AMV and Credits by CodeZTM: brilliant and makes me wanna cry! ending with princess tutu is so fitting, not to mention the song matches so well. the credits seemed to fall a bit out of line from their tracks but oh well. i love the way you ended it, code. i feel very satisfied by the end. very well done :up: :up: :up:

hhaaaaaa man i liked my first attempt at leaving an opinion better. frikkin internet is frustrating.

Haus Haberdasher
Org Profile

Post by Haus Haberdasher » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Rider4Z wrote:To Die For by Rider4Z: i admit i'm not overly satisfied with this one. it was a bit forced and i wish i had more footage to use other than all the cliche stuff. but hey, go instrumentals! it's lion king, come on. :up:
First of all, I really love all the instrumental videos in this one. I have an instrumental song I'd love to use for the next Disney MEP, if I can figure out a good series to use with it.

Secondly, I love this clip, and I don't like Gurren Lagann. I gave up on it at the halfway point. However, your video has convinced me that I should give it another shot...or at least watch the movies.

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Rider4Z wrote:I Won't Say I'm in Love by moezy-chan: this one's cute. it's a bit rough but the singer's voice seems to really fit the girl's facial expressions. :up:
Thank you~ That's what I was actually going for. It hit me shortly after editing this how much Ruki acts like Meg and I tried to make it like she was actually singing the song even though I didn't really try lip sync.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Haus Haberdasher wrote:Secondly, I love this clip, and I don't like Gurren Lagann. I gave up on it at the halfway point. However, your video has convinced me that I should give it another shot...or at least watch the movies.
XD if that's true then you're in for a surprise, cuz the first movie is just a compilation of the first half of the series. haven't seen the second one. and my track only goes up to episode 7 :sweat:

Pockying
Org Profile

Post by Pockying » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:44 pm

In the midst of leaving an OP, will be done tonight!
Good job everyone, really impressed with this MEP O:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:38 am

I'll write a detailed opinion later, buuuuut....

I want to say it was really great working with you all. =3 I feel this was the best MEP yet with lots of good quality tracks! Great job, everyone. And very appreciative to Code for doing a wonderful job in compiling it despite it being a big pain in the butt....XD

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Though it took me a while to get through it all, I think this is the best out of the 3 Disney MEPs. Each track was solid and the compilation as a whole was done pretty well. :up: I did think a couple of tracks felt a little too long for my liking and would have done better being slightly shorter but it was still a really good MEP overall despite me not being a big Disney fan. :P Great job you guys! :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”