Anime Revolution 2012 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Anime Revolution 2012 AMV Contest

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Well.. what is even worse, they posted all the winners on YouTube with all the creators personal info.. then after several complints and demands to remove the info they took them down :shock: :nono:

Now they say they will post the winners on YouTube when they get permission from all the creators.

AND the Staff person doing all the posting for the contest is NOT even the same person that ran the contest :shock:

Honestly, I like to support the contest, but it sounds to me like they are not sure how to and that can be dangerous

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:43 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Well.. what is even worse, they posted all the winners on YouTube with all the creators personal info.. then after several complints and demands to remove the info they took them down :shock: :nono:

Now they say they will post the winners on YouTube when they get permission from all the creators.

AND the Staff person doing all the posting for the contest is NOT even the same person that ran the contest :shock:

Honestly, I like to support the contest, but it sounds to me like they are not sure how to and that can be dangerous

Vlad
-_-';

Not to dump on the AR crew, they are clearly new to this, but it should be a no-brainer that you would not include personal info. That's how stalkers happen. I hope if they are reading this they understand how serious that is. Please do not do that next year. That is a very scary thing to have happened.

GeneralGuyAmv
Org Profile

Post by GeneralGuyAmv » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Ah, this is interesting! I did not tough the contest was messed up during the broadcast. Pretty sad to hear but yeah, It takes some butt kicking before learning. Myself, I have been involved with amv contest and organisation with the other staff can be one hell of a pain.

About the winner, im pretty sure they said every one of them would be contacted by mail within one week and right now...there is nothing about this nehehe. If they don't do something, it could be quite bad for the contest reputation next year...

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:43 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Well.. what is even worse, they posted all the winners on YouTube with all the creators personal info.. then after several complints and demands to remove the info they took them down :shock: :nono:

Vlad
-_-';

Not to dump on the AR crew, they are clearly new to this, but it should be a no-brainer that you would not include personal info. That's how stalkers happen. I hope if they are reading this they understand how serious that is. Please do not do that next year. That is a very scary thing to have happened.
But I thought you liked me stalking you? I guess I ought to get out of the tree in your back yard. :oops:

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:59 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:
But I thought you liked me stalking you? I guess I ought to get out of the tree in your back yard. :oops:
You're an exception Judge :aimkissyface:
Careful the skunk living under our porch doesn't spray you :lol:

Tsu
Org Profile

Post by Tsu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:25 am

I sent a message to one of the con official who's been communicating with us on the AR forums and received this response regarding the finals and youtube posting:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting me, please give him another day or two, I know he's been busy with a project at school so that might have kept him from sending the emails, please contact me again if you still don't get any word by then, I will personally ask him to get the emails out.

Again, I apologize for AMV videos being on youtube before getting approval to do so, I do not know how exactly it ended up on youtube, I can only guess that somebody not in charge of AMV related duties went ahead without giving it too much thought because of all the tiredness from working at the con and the hype about some people asking for all AMVs that the person forget the most important process, I believe the AMV coordinator has no part in this failure.

Rest assured, this won't happen again and we are really sorry if this has caused you any trouble.
...they deserve to know why there's been no word, please reassure them that we AR have not forgotten about them, it's just that some volunteer staff are still in school and this puts extra workload (In fact I heard some guys are having their finals right before or during the con), we would really appreciate everyone's understanding in this.

Sesami
Org Profile

Post by Sesami » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi, All contestants should be getting e-mails about the results now, official results for the public will be up in about a week on our forums, if you are one of the contestants and is still not getting the e-mail with results, please contact the following:

amv@animerevolution.ca or tedt@animerevolution.ca or send a PM to Semi (which is me) on the AR forum.

Lastly, I'd like to explain about why AMV did not go so smoothly during the con.

First issue - not enough chairs/room too small, yes, we are aware of this issue, and will of course try to address this to the best of our abilities for AR2013, unfortunately as a first year con, we seriously did not expect the amount of people to show up for AMV contest and the other rooms were all used by other events, we do apologize for this, again, we will learn from this and better prepare ourselves for next year.

Second issue - AMV playback/player used, I wish we could have played all the AMVs with full quality and full screen, unfortunately the laptop where all the AMV were stored had an unexpected failure with Media Player Classic (caught me and the laptop owner by surprise), which was the player of choice, for some funny reason it won't play any of the AMV we throw at it, we did not want the attendees to wait too long, so we ended up using Virtualdub & VLC.

There are a few more issues which I am also aware and will be looking for ways to improve/fix the problem, thank you for your understanding.
Staff @ Anime Revolution 2012

Return to “AMV Contests”