Goodbye Days

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: Goodbye Days

Post by irriadin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Some things irk me about the video (sometimes the sync gets into a predictable pattern, some of the zooms are questionable, audio quality issue) but overall this is a big improvement over your past works. Keep it up! :up:

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:52 pm

pretty good :up:

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:19 pm

:bear:

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:51 pm

How was the beta-testing in a nutshell.
Spoiler :
haha

More seriously:
Spoiler :
the change at 0:08 (scope mode ) is a good idea, but you should have continued the dezoom, not rezooming,

the transition at 0:10 could have been a little bit more intersting, but nothing serious.

the fades with the two character after that is cool.

scene at 0:20 is a little bit too long IMO.

the little pulse added at the beggining of the verse are a good idea to put emphasis with the drum.

0:35 : OH HARUHI, you forgot the blur! it's all pixellised and harsh :(

you added a good bunch of travelling. that makes it more active . nice

the scene with the hero à 1:11 is too short. seems "forgotten"

1:29 not a fan. we see her BIG and fadin to her again. these transitions seems
lacking coherence. don't use the "but she can clone herself" as an excuse XD.

1:44 you shol have used the black background of the tunnel to make a transition to the dancing guy, i think. you know, like "High Correction"

1:58 lack of blur/too much zoomed at the girl

2:12 the second black fade ( the one with 2 girls and the hero before the scene change) is a bit harsh

after that, hte pulse are interesting, bit if you would have wanted ot make it epic, you should have use more appropriate effect for a "dying" effect ( blurs, little eye veins, i dunno, something explicit :p )

the fade isn't perfect, but ok.

the fades at 2:54 are a lot better than before.

3:03 like i said, careful with harsh dezoom and rezooms. but good modification.

3:19 you could have put an excellent transition there (roto or mastered color isolation) to make the guy appear inside the flash. too bad ^^

3:44 again, careful ! use blur :p

the outro is very clean cut, efficent and simple. but a bit long (especially for a con, i think). maybe if you wanted to add some "relevant" scenes in background to help with the story conclusion, if you felt necessary, it could have been a good idea. or even adding a bonus final scene. but it's a bit too much on the same pace. it's still very good, but it could have been a little bit more exploited.

to sum up, there's still errors and things to recheck for another AMV, but i'll say it frankly : you had a huge improvement compared to the quickening edit and your others amvs before. you look a bit like me: open to correction and a lot of effort, with a story you want to tell ( sometimes people don't always get it, the technique can still be more variated, but i'm very confident for the future). and as a rival: yeah i was suprised for the results, but i couldn't have time to edit at round 3, and considering some facts, it's a best thing you passed. I'll just make sure to improve and make no prisonners next year, muhaha.

I was glad to notice the progression of this amv, and I hope you will continue that way and pierce the motherfudging heaven. the road's long. but you can do it !

Spoiler :
Up to the next!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvQkl7qa6RQ

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:58 am

voo has it been over a year seine i send you a pm abut you first amv :asd:
lats start wed wot i don´t like the spit\line effect at 0:34 and the are some sense i fell have been over use like the dropping of the done cart :roll:
as always you have good fell for sync 8-)

Over all i reel enjoy this one :D
Good job :up:
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 am

I really dug this one; great job! :up:

NazzleNeko
Org Profile

Post by NazzleNeko » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:25 pm

WOW! Amazing Job! I made a video a while back with this anime and band, they go so well together. :D

5 Stars!!!! :up:

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:53 am

That was quite an enjoyable watch, I must say. I don't really have any gripes about the video, maybe, because it's 2 in the morning although I do feel that the band playing scenes weren't very necessary in such a drama filled AMV, they worked fine but more relevant scenes probably would have been a better choice. And some of the movement felt a tad bit excessive but other than that, I liked. :up:

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:32 am

Yaaaay! I'm in the credits!

I really enjoy watching this one. My favourite from your works. I like how you worked with dynamics. I'm still not sure about a few transitions, some camera movements and contrast but still I think you've improved. A LOT.
And the scene selection <3

Great job!
can't wait to see your Akross entry xDD

advent87
Org Profile

Post by advent87 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

I thought that you did an amazing job with the editing and pacing of the video. The way that you blended the action elements with the music band elements was an interesting effect. And it kept me engaged with the video from beginning to end. However I thought that it made the story a little bit hard to follow at times.

The concept also was pretty cool. After watching this video, I now want to make an Angel Beats video of some kind, after I watch the anime of course.

I also thought that the visual imagery and how it related to the music was really beautiful and it created a pleasing aesthetic that was intoxicating.

Overall I thought that the editing and visual imagery was a very beautiful and amazing experience to watch.

You also made me want to watch the anime too.

Well Done :up: :up: :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”